Did you like the Conduit or the Cadet's story

• Conduit

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Cadet

• Neither I just want to play missions and collect gold

• Total voters
I disagree that Amy going after Raphael is a divergence. We know that Amy is the one who "rescued" Raphael originally, which is why she contracts the malfestation starting with SoulCalibur III and fully in SoulCalibur IV. She took him back home and nursed him back to health, and the part where Raphael was nearly killed was the ending of SoulCalibur II. Amy didn't just teleport into Ostrheinsburg Castle. She had to travel there, we just didn't see her journey,

It certainly does seem like Raphael is going to be given more focus for SoulCalibur VII, which makes sense, considering he is the "main character" of SoulCalibur II, in that it's his ending/story that was canon going forward into SoulCalibur III. If he's the protagonist for SoulCalibur VII, then it would follow that Amy would be the deuteragonist, much the same as the dynamic of Kilik and Xianghua. Her traveling companion is likely something that sets up Z.W.E.I., since his foreshadowing is conspicuously missing among the rest of SoulCalibur V events.

I disagree that Amy going after Raphael is a divergence. We know that Amy is the one who "rescued" Raphael originally, which is why she contracts the malfestation starting with SoulCalibur III and fully in SoulCalibur IV. She took him back home and nursed him back to health, and the part where Raphael was nearly killed was the ending of SoulCalibur II. Amy didn't just teleport into Ostrheinsburg Castle. She had to travel there, we just didn't see her journey,

It certainly does seem like Raphael is going to be given more focus for SoulCalibur VII, which makes sense, considering he is the "main character" of SoulCalibur II, in that it's his ending/story that was canon going forward into SoulCalibur III. If he's the protagonist for SoulCalibur VII, then it would follow that Amy would be the deuteragonist, much the same as the dynamic of Kilik and Xianghua. Her traveling companion is likely something that sets up Z.W.E.I., since his foreshadowing is conspicuously missing among the rest of SoulCalibur V events.

I'm pretty sure its explicitly stated in one of her bio's that he had returned home with deep wounds. Raphael's bio at some point mentioning how the azure knight had just disappeared giving him a chance to leave, so Amy was definitely not close by at that time., Amy in terms of the past timeline does not fit whatsoever in this scenario and its implied that he had definitely traveled at the very least before she healed him at all. Going by her bio as well it wasn't so much a rescue as much as it was him simply returning and her then nursing him afterwards. It also sets some precedence for her impatience during SC4 regretting not going after him previously if we go by how she took the situation in some capacity.

I could be wrong regarding Amy's travel to follow Raphael, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing to indicate she actually did follow him during Soulcalibur II. The written backgrounds to my knowledge contradict this point too much. The divergence wouldn't be a big deal if she hadn't been linked to what could be called the protagonist of said entry. I may try finding the old bios wherever they are to see if I can find the exact wording, but I'm pretty sure they imply she didn't follow at all.

I do believe her traveling companion will be setting up ZWEI however.

EDIT:
I can't find the Amy/Raphael backgrounds, I might try booting up SCIV to see if its actually mentioned within the game, I might have to look at the some of the extra media for the games too. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned.
EDIT2:
What a dummy I am, some of it is in SC2 Raphael's ending, there is where it makes it apparent he seemed to have returned alone (or traveled first, it makes no sense Amy wouldn't have tried doing something first and not be mentioned), I'm still looking for the one that describes Amy's perspective though.

Last edited:
In my opinion the Conduit will always be a blank slate. The main characters will always have their Chronicles to depict their stories. Yet with the Conduit you can allow the player to play through the mass effect of Raphael/Azwel and whoever else’s machinations. Tie threads together, Easter eggs and more hints about characters. So instead of thinking of it as Amy’s story, it would be the Conduit’s. Who also doesn’t have the accompany Amy the entire story.

The season 2 finale wrapped up the Libra of Soul very well. The Conduit's involvement in the special investigators arc shows that the events are canon and having a continuing involvement in the story. The Conduit is possibly one of the key factors to resurrecting that guy that everyone hates but has a low key secret fan club.

Back