Utilising The Force

Synraii

[14] Master
I just recently began using the apprentice for the first time seriously and am looking to progress with him. I notice I do exhaust my force bar far too regularly so:
1. How is force best utilised with The Apprentice?
2. What is a core strategy with respect to recovering force?
I can make my force last if I treat force moves like distortion drives in Blazblue, but my concern is that this is perhaps too conservative.
Any advice would be welcome as my experience with or against star wars characters is sadly limited due to their illegality in French tournaments.
Peace.

1. Use Yoda
2. 236KKB with Yoda

/end :D

But honesty... USE YODA! All I see the force being good for is breaking throws, A+B/ in aerial combos,
6B+K - A+B, FC 8k:A etc. Really only combos and breaking throws.

Yoda rulez!!!

I can tell you a few things, first, don't overuse the air combos eg 2a+b 8, as this can drain force pretty badly. Try not to pay to much attention to the meter until you need to complete combos. Also don't know if you know this but the force recharges extra for each hit you connect, my favourite is to use 3b with no 8 then b+k, few bs then 6bbk. You can also use a+b to draw them in, in the air if you have the force spare, should guarantee your combo there. Also if you can get out FC 8ka it's quick, and uses minimal force so if you can do it repeatedly you can get some serious damage over, which will make you more comfortable waiting for the meter to charge... hope that helps

The way I use Apprentice is I primarily save the force for his force throw break, and his FC 8K:A. Other than that I try not to use other force dependent moves too much, aside from 2B+K:B NC which I use a lot since it's his best low, but that uses so little force that it's not really something to worry about.

When it comes to recovering force, certain moves on block and hit recover it faster than others. Some examples of moves that recover force noticeably faster are BB, 9B, 44B, 22B and 1B. His kicks don't really recover a noticeable amount, aside from a couple like 33K and 66K.

Also don't step backwards to retreat. Walking or even jumping backwards slows force recovery to almost a standstill. If you need to retreat it's better to use his Force Flip (2_8A+K).

OK, I didn't realise recovery wasn't constant, thanks for the heads up guys!
I did wonder why BB was so popular in his vids considering the mixup opportunities with opponents on block.
Much appreciated Gents. =)

actually, if you're really good at breaking grabs you can just do it manually and save up the force to do some more flashy combos, but the best ones are the ones with FC 8K:A, 3B 8AABB, and the one low OOFMATIC mentioned (2B+K:B) they deal damage and recover your shit as well

Nobody posts in the arena's anymore. Anyone find anything new? I figured out recently that with the opp back to a wall you get 6-7 backhands and a free 6b off of NC 2b+k:b, b, b etc but it stands them back up for mix up options. Throw mix ups/1b or 2b+k:b. AA if they step g. 50+ dmg without the follow-ups.

Based on not using much force, Yoda would be the best because most of his moves do not require the force.

Also don't step backwards to retreat. Walking or even jumping backwards slows force recovery to almost a standstill. If you need to retreat it's better to use his Force Flip (2_8A+K).

Wow didnt knew that.o_o
And wath his the animation on this 2B+K:B?

Back