Was looking through at game speed of past SC games...

hoshinocomet

[14] Master
I must say, I like the much faster pace of battles than what SC IV has to offer. Gives you more of the feeling that you're battling, and the fights can be over in an instant if you're not careful. Something that SC IV lacks in certain measures, I think. An example is below.

Here's a vid of the SC I Mitsurugi in battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaf0rfAPsAI&feature=related

And here's a vid of a SC IV Mitsu CAS in battle. Notice the difference in combat speed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arnuBkd4rTw

SC V has been confirmed to be faster than SC IV, which I appreciate. Faster combat is always good!

People say that SC2 was the fastest. Maybe to execute moves. Maybe it's just me, but i felt that SC3 was smoother on the 8-way-run. So i enjoyed that pace better. Am I imagining things?

"Notice the difference in combat speed?"

no?
talking to me? Like I said, I noticed that in SC3 you could walk around the opponent with less hesitation. SC3 was more fluid in that sense. But i think i do notice that in SC2 the attacks were quicker. The 8 way run is more important to me as i like to get out of the way. to quote a great man, "Best defense: no be there"! In SC3, I did not feel that the characters hesitated to attack, as was obvious in SC4 and quite aggravating.

Notice the difference in combat speed?

No.

I noticed that the SC1 fights were over quicker because Mitsu did more damage (or the characters had less health, however you want to look at it). That’s not the kind of “speed” I want in an SC match. To me combat speed has to do with frames (attack, recovery, stun, stance transitions, etc.), not how quickly a match can be lost.

SC1 had the best walking speed and general frames which made it the fastest overall.
SC2 had avoid, a ton of G-cancels, and post-GI guard breaks which made it feel fast.
SC3 had fast attacks, but worse recovery frames than the previous two, IIRC.
SC4 = molasses

I was playing the different installments comparatively today. I am Really hoping that they imitate SC3's 8-way run speed for SC5. I see that i was correct. SC3 was the first installment where the 8 way run was more than just a novelty, but tactically viable for evading the opponent's strike. It was INSTANTANEOUS! I was SO happy when i started playing that. It was like a breeze. The response for previous games took a second or more, rendering it little more than just an alternative way to make an attack. And as we know, I did verify for myself that SC2 did have the quickest attack speed. In fact, i think they slowed down the attack in SC3 in order to provide for 8 way run evasion. Not a bad move in my opinion. i would gladly trade attack speed for evasive maneuvers. Of course this time 'round, SC5 i think has an extra input for a greater sidestep.

Yeah, I also enjoyed 8WR much more in SC3. The movement felt fluid and very responsive. That's why I initially had issues adjusting to the pace and movement of SC4.

It's great that they are fine tuning the overall speed in SC5. I hope it goes back at least to SC3's pacing.

Back