What I would rather see in the next build than a new character.

artard4321

[12] Conqueror
SoulCaliburVI28Characters.jpg

Seeing a character select screen like this in the next build would generate a lot more hype for me than even a new character reveal. Placeholder screen begone!

With a select screen like this, I'm inclined to believe that every character from the original SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur II except for Inferno, Necrid, and Charade will return for SoulCalibur VI.

Yeah, too bad that's not going to happen because that's simplify won't be the case. I'm still keeping my expectations really low for this game. I expect a small roster (at least that way I can't be disappointed, right.. right?)

Take off the three on either side, and that's what I actually think it'll look like. Geralt would go in the top left corner, as the guest.

The center slot can be either bonus or DLC, however, which could easily hold six characters, if not twelve. Hope is not lost.

Yeah, too bad that's not going to happen because that's simplify won't be the case. I'm still keeping my expectations really low for this game. I expect a small roster (at least that way I can't be disappointed, right.. right?)

Truth be told, I have already tempered my expectations to 18 characters worst case which would be seriously disappointing but at the very least I'm prepared to handle the worst lol.

My guesses:
Worst Case: 18 Characters
Average Case: 20-24 Characters
Best Case: 28-29 Characters

Take off the three on either side, and that's what I actually think it'll look like. Geralt would go in the top left corner, as the guest.

The center slot can be either bonus or DLC, however, which could easily hold six characters, if not twelve. Hope is not lost.

Although I'm not expecting it since it's best to assume the worst to evade disappointment, but it's quite possible for this game to have 28 characters. Excluding bonus characters but including guest characters, SoulCalibur IV had 29 characters and SoulCalibur V had 28 characters. There was also a rumor that went around stating that the game will have less than 30 characters but more than what SoulCalibur V had which was at 28 so if the roster goes to 29 then it could be Geralt taking the center slot or the boss character.

For a game that commemorates the franchise's 20th anniversary, having a lower roster size than the last four core games would surely be disappointing. Not to mention the fact that fans waited over 6 years for this to happen.

Although I'm not expecting it since it's best to assume the worst to evade disappointment, but it's quite possible for this game to have 28 characters. Excluding bonus characters but including guest characters, SoulCalibur IV had 29 characters and SoulCalibur V had 28 characters. There was also a rumor that went around stating that the game will have less than 30 characters but more than what SoulCalibur V had which was at 28 so if the roster goes to 29 then it could be Geralt taking the center slot or the boss character.

It could be 29 but more like 25 base and 4 Season Pass 1 DLC?

Worse case scenario is if they have 2 Season passes planned and it's 21 base characters z_z

Back