What is the cheapest Arcade Stick I can get?

Well what are you looking for? There's many options for different people.

When you're dealing with quality what you're looking for:
  • Will these parts break?
  • Can I replace them if they do?
  • How good is the sensitivity?
  • How is the feel?
  • Can I mod it?
  • Is it hard to mod?
  • How big/heavy is it?
  • Does it have any special perks (like opening to store things, etc...)?
With cheaper sticks you'll notice deeper button presses before activation, clunky feeling stick, and generally will be small and hard/impossible to mod. What some people do is get cheap sticks and mod them such as taking a Madcatz SE and putting in SANWA parts to make it just like the Madcatz TE for much cheaper ($80 vs $150)...spare the much larger surface area (which i prefer). With sticks as cheap as that one you're pretty much stuck with what it is unless you know how to solder.

If you get one like that, get it to practice and get the feel, but don't expect it to not break at some point and be screwed on fixing it. Even my TE sticks get kinda weird once and awhile and I have to open it up and play with the connections, with a stick like that you're options may be limited. If you want a stick that will get you through tournaments you're going to probably want to put in more money or find something you can upgrade later.

Here's a list off SRK for a lot of sticks and minor notes on them (sadly the cheapest rest around $60): http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...read-the-guide-on-pg-1-before-posting.137321/

Consider ebay though. Getting a cheap Madcatz SE and buying parts (buttons and stick) may be your best bet and you'll be left with tournament viable stick for possibly less than $60 (they're very easy to mod, even if you've never done it. So no fears!)

I'm looking for a stick which feels good, the parts can be replaced and is reliable.

I'm now looking on Ebay like you suggested.

I'm looking for a stick which feels good, the parts can be replaced and is reliable.

I'm now looking on Ebay like you suggested.
We are two different members in case you didn't notice :P My avatar is looking to the right, IFB's looking to the left.

I got a Tekken 6 fightstick that came packaged with Tekken 6 and an artbook for around 30 bucks. It's done pretty well so far but if you want a really good stick, your looking at an investment of at least 100+ bucks.

I once bought a combo of Vanilla SF4 + stick for $40 at Walmart, returned the game...and walla! $30 SE stick!

...and lawl at the avatars

Why would you ever use a stick for WWE is beyond me...

How about something like this?: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PS3-PC-US...ttachments&hash=item35b7a1283b#ht_3084wt_1396

Too expensive for you?
Because in terms of quality, the Brawlstick is the best value for any stick that doesn't have arcade parts.

The stick itself, which is a Sanwa JLF clone, uses a OMRON micro-switches, just like Sanwa.

Also, in case you end up wanting to upgrade to proper arcade parts, everything is easily removeable - no cutting, grinding, drilling and/or soldering involved.

If you're looking to buy a stick, then you want precision and that means you should get a quality product - I am a firm believer in the saying 'you pay for what you get' and if you are price conscious, then I recommend the Madcatz SF4 SE stick, very easy to mod and repair (You should see what I've done to mine, lol) and its a name you can trust. I changed the stick and buttons on mine making it effectively a TE and still saved £50 comparitively, the rest went on pimping it - so I ended up with a PIMPED SE that was basically a TE for the same price. Save money a little longer and get something like that man, its worth the wait. =)

Back