Whiffing the CE on the second hit

justalex

[08] Mercenary
Has anyone else run into issues where the CE will hit on the first hit but whiff on everythign else? I've had the first hit land and then I'll go into the whiff or block animations, but I've even had it go into the full cinematic attack, but whiff. Is this a bug, bad luck, lag, or some timing/effect that I'm not aware of?

Has anyone else run into issues where the CE will hit on the first hit but whiff on everythign else? I've had the first hit land and then I'll go into the whiff or block animations, but I've even had it go into the full cinematic attack, but whiff. Is this a bug, bad luck, lag, or some timing/effect that I'm not aware of?
I've never had this happen, ever. Weird.

What combo are you using into it? Maybe it has to do with that.

I can only recall 2 instances of going into full cinematic yet still whiffing and both were out of JS 3B. I've had it go into the whiff/block animation in all kinds of situations and combos: whiff punish, reaction CE, JS 66B, JS 3B, etc. I don't know if I still have the replays, but if I've still got 'em saved I'll upload them

I can only recall 2 instances of going into full cinematic yet still whiffing and both were out of JS 3B. I've had it go into the whiff/block animation in all kinds of situations and combos: whiff punish, reaction CE, JS 66B, JS 3B, etc. I don't know if I still have the replays, but if I've still got 'em saved I'll upload them
I played some sets last night and it actually happened to me. I did the CE and after the first hit or two they just kind of fell out of it and blocked.

We all pretty much agreed that it was most likely the range you do it from, the first couple hits seem to stretch out more and hit farther.

I've seen this on combos off of 22_88 A. It looked to me like hit angle. One miss occurred when my opponent got pushed into a wall on the first hit. Another occurred when I threw the move out with my own back to a wall and the person stepped into the attack. I guess both situations could be described as very close range however...

This just happened to me yesterday, stupidest thing ever.
I caught a Mitsu that did what I'm assuming is 66B? (double slash move, looks like haohmaru's DP) and i stepped it and CE'd and got only the first hit and he blocked the rest (cinematic still happens anwyway which is stupid as hell)..

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Back