Why do we play Raph?

Yeah, we need a story for Raph to explain all this. I kind of like the idea of his spirit being so strong-willed that it managed to remain apart from his body as a separate entity. Really awesome in a nonsensical fantasy/anime way.

No we don't. Story is half the reason SCV lost so many cool characters and gained shitty ones.

No we don't. Story is half the reason SCV lost so many cool characters and gained shitty ones.

Not really. Xiba is the only new character I'd consider shitty. I actually like all of the other additions, and the only characters I really miss are Talim and Zasalamel.

A rushed production caused a crappy presentation of a pretty well-written story. And likely the cutting of a few characters.

Not really. Xiba is the only new character I'd consider shitty. I actually like all of the other additions, and the only characters I really miss are Talim and Zasalamel.

A rushed production caused a crappy presentation of a pretty well-written story. And likely the cutting of a few characters.

Taki was a slick strong female ninja. Natsu is an obnoxious Disney show character that has most of Taki's moves. Pyrraha and Pattycakes are not as neat as the old sisters. They ditched Setsuka to give us a variation of Pattycakes that's arguably worse since he just holds a sword and no umbrella. Sophie was ditched to give us a dark variation of Pyrrah so they could shore up and give us three...... THREE Edgemaster type characters removing Kilik in the mix to give us Xiba. We also don't have Hwang or Sung Mina or Rock. It's hard to make the argument that less characters or even worse redundant characters is a good idea.

I don't know how much of this was story's fault but there are really disjointed decisions that should be shunned.

Taki was a slick strong female ninja. Natsu is an obnoxious Disney show character that has most of Taki's moves. Pyrraha and Pattycakes are not as neat as the old sisters. They ditched Setsuka to give us a variation of Pattycakes that's arguably worse since he just holds a sword and no umbrella. Sophie was ditched to give us a dark variation of Pyrrah so they could shore up and give us three...... THREE Edgemaster type characters removing Kilik in the mix to give us Xiba. We also don't have Hwang or Sung Mina or Rock. It's hard to make the argument that less characters or even worse redundant characters is a good idea.

I don't know how much of this was story's fault but there are really disjointed decisions that should be shunned.

When I said that before, I didn't mean to sound like I was defending the 3 mimics. They don't really register to me as separate characters. Edgemaster is fine, but Kilik should never have been a mimic. And Elysium would be better as Necrid-syle mimic, maybe borrowing moves from all the "good" characters. And I'd like to see Inferno in, borrowing moves from the "evil" characters.

I actually like Pat and Pyrrah better than the sisters, I think they're deeper, better characters. Even if Patroklos is a douche. Taki was fine, I liked her. But I like Natsu at least as much. I don't really see how she's a Disney show character, but whatever. I'd like to see Taki return in the story mode, but not as a playable character now that she's been replaced.

I always liked Seong-Mina, more than Kilik and infinitely more than Xiba. So, if I could pick which polearm character we had, it would be her. But I would also like to see Kilik get a revamped version of his old style. Or something new, just not a mimic.

When I said that before, I didn't mean to sound like I was defending the 3 mimics. They don't really register to me as separate characters. Edgemaster is fine, but Kilik should never have been a mimic. And Elysium would be better as Necrid-syle mimic, maybe borrowing moves from all the "good" characters. And I'd like to see Inferno in, borrowing moves from the "evil" characters.

I actually like Pat and Pyrrah better than the sisters, I think they're deeper, better characters. Even if Patroklos is a douche. Taki was fine, I liked her. But I like Natsu at least as much. I don't really see how she's a Disney show character, but whatever. I'd like to see Taki return in the story mode, but not as a playable character now that she's been replaced.

I always liked Seong-Mina, more than Kilik and infinitely more than Xiba. So, if I could pick which polearm character we had, it would be her. But I would also like to see Kilik get a revamped version of his old style. Or something new, just not a mimic.

I guess the bigger issue I have is that they already had these other characters basically built and ready to go. I liked to use Rock. He wasn't very good but he was cool to play. He's gone. I like Mina more than Kilik but there's actually room for all three since they could have SC2 kilik, Xiba can do stupid Goku stick between the legs crap, and Mina can do actual spear maneuvers like a one weapon Hilde. What prolly frustrates and despairs Calibur players the most is the lost potential.

To be honest, if Kilik had his own movelist again, they better remove some certain moves and nerf Asura Dance (not trying to provoke Kilik fans here). With no more than 5 moves, he could completely shut down Raph's safest options. He was a terrible MU in the past. However, I agree with the issue concerning the new characters in this game. They basically served to replace the older versions of themselves who were quite popular and well-received. The game was rushed and so much potential was thrown away. Three mimics also sounds unnecessary to me. Why not remove the old Edgemaster and make Kilik the actual new Edgemaster, instead of both along with Elysium??

Kilik was a tough loss. I never played him and I still think it's lame that he's not in there. Actually when you take his mask off, he's like the coolest character in the game. Really lame that he's a mimic. And that goes to Sophie too to an extent.

Hey we ain't sure if he's actually dead. It was confirmed that he died but he was revived. If his body is truly Nighty's host, then the current Raph is either a ghost who obtained a physical manifestation from Raph's powerful spirit or Raph freed after NM was defeated by Zwei.

I really hope this is sarcasm lol, but I respect your opinion. His being French is one of the things that make him great in my perspective.

I was just joking around - I actually have a degree in French, so I'm just bitter :-p

Man i play Raphael cause I like his arrogance and he doing everything he did for his daughter was sweet in a crazy kind of way. When they turned him into a vamp, I originally hated him but now I love it and because of Raphael,I play other rapier characters in FG's like Mitsuru in P4A and Marth in smash brothers when I played seriously, I just wish Raph was better. :(

Man i play Raphael cause I like his arrogance and he doing everything he did for his daughter was sweet in a crazy kind of way. When they turned him into a vamp, I originally hated him but now I love it and because of Raphael,I play other rapier characters in FG's like Mitsuru in P4A and Marth in smash brothers when I played seriously, I just wish Raph was better. :(

Marth doesn't use a Rapier.

In SCII I used Raph to beat people I couldn't beat with Astaroth. I'm not sure of the input, maybe 6BBB, the 3 quick verticle chained attacks... anyway I used that over and over again with a sword that had a special quality of doing damage through guard. The AI would always guard it, and they would die because it damaged them anyway.

Hmmm well I play raph because i feel raph is just one of those chars who if u wanna excel and be good with him then u must get your spacing down and bait whiffs and punish them hard. Also train your opponents into making mistakes against prep although prep was different for raph in the previous sc games i think......that and I like to own people with raph, feels good to beat people with a underrated char let alone not used much.

Back