WTF is wrong with 3[K]??

docvizzo

[14] Master
So maybe you remember hates found this long ago,quote:

"This place is boring. I want to liven it up with move discussion, etc, but I'm not sure where to begin that, so instead I will share this:

3K = 15 damage
3[K] = 10

No other apparent differences.

Now please hijack this thread into something more interesting/useful."

Nobody found a difference, but now i just found out that if you do 3[K] instead of 3K on an aired opponent it launchers higher than the normal 3K.

I dont know whether this is on purpose...were we sleeping on something for the last 1,5 years??
Go and test that stuff, maybe we'll find something.

And btw did you recognize that my whining thread made this place ACTIV again?? 80 Replies in a few days! The Asta forum has no post since 2 MONTHS! :P

I describe this property as "Launches airborne, unjuggled opponent" and you can use it on people who like to try and jump out of your mix-ups thinking they'll get out of low/throw and not each much damage from a mid since normal grounded combo starters won't work properly, or versus say ashura.

After 3[K] hits a TJing opponent you get at least iGDR28B for free dealing about 48 damage or so. There is probably a better combo than that, but even this least bit of guaranteed damage is nothing to sneeze at.

Hmm i think your wrong.

On a techjumping opponent you can get around 58 if you do 66K into iGDR, even with normal 3K you can get a iGDR ground hit, but if you do 3[K] they can AC to the back out of the IGDR range due to the higher Launch...

Is this a known issue with other chars?

well it depends at what range the 3[K] hits them.

I seem to remember against ashura, sophie's 6K > TAS B would sometimes fail to hit properly if they tried to angle themselves to the side, but it was inconsistent. The AC available when someone gets hit by one of these moves is usually extremely restricted...

/edit/ compared to normal AC given for the 2nd hit of a combo.

If I airhit with 3k, I usually just go for a b2. If it whiffs, so what? If it hits, the crowd gets crunked out. But I'm retired so what the hell do I know? lol

3[K] can be used for ring outs when your opponent slides up to an edge. Like after CH 66K and 33A.

I also suspect that 3B 8A+K 3[K]:B+K or something similar might work against certain characters near walls. But I doubt there's anything practical enough for matches.

can you still do 3[K]B+K???

yes you can. I just tested this out since I was boerd.

against the wall youcan 3B 8A+K 3[K]:B+K for either a slide stund or a wall stun. After testing I found the best followup for for this combo with the slide stun is 2[B+K]. I beleve this is untechable but Ididnt throughly test. When doing 2B+K its 71, if you Igdr28B its 72. Personally I will probably never use this, but hey if you launch someone in the cornor you can do as much as CH 3B with this.

Yo, has been known :) I tested this a long time ago, i remember it beeing a bit unstable. Gotta delay b2, different for some chars etc...

Back