Xiba Patch 1.02 Change List & Discussion

I played with Xiba last night a bit. I don't want to play the 1.02 to much seeing as MLG is this weekend but I agree with Wing_Zero on the movement issue. From what I played of Xiba I didn't have much of an issue BUT it was for about an hour and I did not play against anyone that knew what they were doing.

After seeing the patch notes I knew things were going to go all down hill so I'm playing Pat as well. Hopefully I'll still love Xiba but I'll find out after I play some folks that know what they are doing (Even though I fought a few A ranks and bodied them they don't count lol.)

Also...I wasn't sure I've I'd post this seeing as Namco hate Xiba and wants to nerf him as SOON as possible but Xiba's 6B,K does guard damage but DOES NOT BREAK GUARD. At first I was upset by this BUT think about this guys. When you have someone's guard gauge is in the red and they want to hit buttons you now have the options to use 6B and fish for a CH. Both 6B,K BE, 6A,K BE do not break guard.

Also if Namco is watching Please fix Cervantes hit box. When Xiba is close to him his REM B goes through him.

I haven't run into Xiba's magic whiff just yet in a fight, but despite the changes I still plan on running Xiba. It is a new month so I'd like to learn someone new beside him.

Wing and Ryu-Jin we gotta start sharing strats etc. I hated Xiba pre-patch but for some reason I'm kinda taking a liking to him after using him more post-patch and I might consider maining him for specific matchups. The fact that he can't punish in combination with the GB system in this game will never allow me to truly main him but it will kinda be like the good old SC4 Kilik days all over again even though he's not really the same.

Wing and Ryu-Jin we gotta start sharing strats etc. I hated Xiba pre-patch but for some reason I'm kinda taking a liking to him after using him more post-patch and I might consider maining him for specific matchups. The fact that he can't punish in combination with the GB system in this game will never allow me to truly main him but it will kinda be like the good old SC4 Kilik days all over again even though he's not really the same.
Since you're looking into Xiba for specific match ups you might want to check into Xiba vs Viola. I haven't fully investigated the match up but I ran into a nice surprise the other day. When Viola calls the orb back to her the orb can be aGI with REM. So if Viola does AAB or BBB without the orb Xiba gets a free REM combo on the orb return. REM also works on the long range orb returns but there is a catch. When she does B+K for the high orb return REM is free so there is no problem. However when she does 2 B+K or 6 B+K, REM will only work if she doesn't followup with a vertical move. So basically if she were to use 2 B+K and you decided to use REM but before the orb hit you she uses BB, in this instance REM will not work. If she attempts to use BB after it connects with Xiba then REM will aGI.

I think it really screws with her pressure game. However like I said I haven't fully gone through the match up so I don't know if in the end it's a favorable match up. I'm still kind of a scrub, been struggling with trying to find a way to improve, but just thought I'd share something useful.

SU- I can see why you would like to main him. He can still punish people really hard for trying to rush him down all day. Let's talk on Facebook.

Since you're looking into Xiba for specific match ups you might want to check into Xiba vs Viola. I haven't fully investigated the match up but I ran into a nice surprise the other day. When Viola calls the orb back to her the orb can be aGI with REM. So if Viola does AAB or BBB without the orb Xiba gets a free REM combo on the orb return. REM also works on the long range orb returns but there is a catch. When she does B+K for the high orb return REM is free so there is no problem. However when she does 2 B+K or 6 B+K, REM will only work if she doesn't followup with a vertical move. So basically if she were to use 2 B+K and you decided to use REM but before the orb hit you she uses BB, in this instance REM will not work. If she attempts to use BB after it connects with Xiba then REM will aGI.

I think it really screws with her pressure game. However like I said I haven't fully gone through the match up so I don't know if in the end it's a favorable match up. I'm still kind of a scrub, been struggling with trying to find a way to improve, but just thought I'd share something useful.

Nice info! Thing is I have Pyrrha for that matchup but good to know.

SU- I can see why you would like to main him. He can still punish people really hard for trying to rush him down all day. Let's talk on Facebook.

I honestly would main the character flat out if 1. There weren't so many spammable -14 or less 3b's or just general spammable things that can't be hard punished. It's the reason I picked up Pyrrha because I hate that so much. 2. The damn GB system is attached to so much spammable bullshit which he also can't punish. I find a lot of the these exact same tools (verticals) track when they shouldn't and then you have things like Pyrrha and Patrokolos 3a's that you can't do anything about.

He's viable for sure but just as risky when you know the character inside out. He recently got bumped down to 4th slot as I'm now running Pyrrha, Patrokolos, Maxi, Xiba in that order and once I learn Viola he's gonna get bumped to 5th. Yet I find myself feeling like he still has a lot of value because his metagame and strategy is different from all the above mentioned characters that I'm using. He excels with lows like Kilik did. He actually functions really well as a turtle unlike the above. I dunno I can pull off great results with the character despite the fact I dislike his negatives. It makes me wonder all the time if I should revisit the character entirely although im positive I have him down to a science. Maybe its just the inner Kilik in me.

I honestly would main the character flat out if 1. There weren't so many spammable -14 or less 3b's or just general spammable things that can't be hard punished. It's the reason I picked up Pyrrha because I hate that so much.
22_88B works wonders against verticals. Once you smack an opponent around with the dickstick a few times they'll be less inclined to fish for 3Bs.
2. The damn GB system is attached to so much spammable bullshit which he also can't punish. I find a lot of the these exact same tools (verticals) track when they shouldn't and then you have things like Pyrrha and Patrokolos 3a's that you can't do anything about.
Pyrrha and Patroklos's 3As are -13 on block, and if you predict one with Remembrance you get a free 85 damage.

Alot of the cast cannot punish xibas 66bbb, just use 66kb to keep them linear.. Then once they stop stepping abuse 66bbb/mixups

Alot of the cast cannot punish xibas 66bbb, just use 66kb to keep them linear.. Then once they stop stepping abuse 66bbb/mixups
The second hit of 66BBB can be stepped to Xiba's left. Launch punishable.

Establish early on if the opponent knows about/is capable of stepping/aGIing/JGing the 2nd hit. If they are, don't use it. Otherwise you can do the first 2 hits and CH confirm the 3rd.

Back