Forum feature requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talim JP

Talim & SoulCalibur supporter
Need a way to subscribe to threads/forums besides postin in them (to subscribe).

So do I, but since there really aren't guilds anymore....

Maybe there could be a place for official 8WR teams if they have a confirmed 5 or more members.

Can we get a CAS (create a soul) dedicated forum?

Also, could we rearrange the forums so SC4 stuff is above the SC4 Nationals?

not really features, and do move this somewhere else if need be, but what about the look of the site?

do you want it simple like the caliburforums site? are you going to use SC specific images for new posts and closed threads like at caliburforum? what about the main image at the top of the forum? Anybody up for making an image for that? I'm not that great to be honest, unlike Madnis, Kenk, r4retruffle and the like, but if need be I could whip something up if somebody gave me some specifics.

also, what about rules on sigs? Max sig size limit? Max number of sigs? Image format? I know this site can handle a lot more so I'm assuming sigs would be allowed here. Also, instead of a generic general lounge for all non-SC based talk, why not split it into sub categories? Movies and tv, anime, other games, news and politics, etc? I'm just throwing stuff out there clearly lol.

SC4 stuff is now above SC4 nationals...

We are working on the layout... We are also accepting skin submissions...

Signature rules are control by your account type; they are explained in your user cp.

Right now we have a Video Games forum, we we need others, we can add them too.

SC4 stuff is now above SC4 nationals...

We are working on the layout... We are also accepting skin submissions...

Signature rules are control by your account type; they are explained in your user cp.

Right now we have a Video Games forum, we we need others, we can add them too.

ok cool. hmm I may look into tutorials on making forum skins. Thanks for the heads up man. Appreciate the hard work your putting into this.

Just thought of something: Any way we can get a link back to the main page from the forums? It's a little annoying to have to go back up to my URL bar every time. I know right now it's not a big deal, but hopefully we'll get some cool content later on I'll want to take a look at.

Well right now you can click the "8WayRun" text on the bottom right of every page... We'll add direct links to it when we get some skins together.

I think usernames should have a different colour/font according to their status.

For example, admins have black usernames, senior mods have red usernames, etc.

I'm also thinking whether mans can change their usertitles at will. Or maybe that should be premium privilege.

I think usernames should have a different colour/font according to their status.

For example, admins have black usernames, senior mods have red usernames, etc.

I'm also thinking whether mans can change their usertitles at will. Or maybe that should be premium privilege.

Username color should prob be settled on once we have a final skin/s set, so they appropriately stand out.

This is probably not useful or possible but . . .
Is there a way to put tournaments as events on the calendar without having to manually do it? The only way that would be possible is to somehow have a required date field when creating a post in that forum and making the event name and thread topic the same variable.

Klizza... yes, that is possible, and thats how I have it set up at ShiShi-Rendan.com (with an RSVP system as well)... Unfortunately, the mod for it has not yet been updated for VB 3.7+, so we will have to wait before that can happen.

Addressed this in PMs, but if there was any way to get a VFDC style movelist, that'd be hot. The only issue would be that we don't have access to the kind of developer info that they do, so it'd have to be a sort of community project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back