2012 EVO Lineup Announcement On 1/3

On Wakeup SRK, it was announced that the lineup for EVO 2012 will be officially announced during a live broadcast of the show with Mr. Wizard on Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 10PM Eastern/7PM Pacific. Along with the announcement, there will be questions taken from viewers that Mr. Wizard will answer, along with other details that will be provided about EVO 2012.

Is Soulcalibur V a lock to make it into the lineup? What about Street Fighter Versus Tekken? Does Mortal Kombat return for another year? Make your predictions in the comments and tune in on Tuesday night to find out.

Note: Keits mentioned to me that the live broadcast will probably be on his Twitch channel. If anything changes, I will update this section.

http://www.twitch.tv/keits

Have you been to EVO? Relax. And as long as SCV is a great game and gets the support that it needs, people will come out to support it.

A turn out of 60 ppl is NOT a good turn out for SC...

All im saying is, Lets start this new page for SC5 by getting our ass out there and SUPPORT our beloved game by having a turn out just as good as UMVC and SSF:AE.

A turn out of 60 ppl is NOT a good turn out for SC...

All im saying is, Lets start this new page for SC5 by getting our ass out there and SUPPORT our beloved game by having a turn out just as good as UMVC and SSF:AE.

As long as SCV is good, people will come out and support it.

Tbh honest either way Street Fighter Fuckboys dont have any respect for the Soul Calibur Community, thats probably whats making people reluctant to come and support it

SSF4AEv2012 and UMvC3 guaranteed.

It's actually possible that Scull Girls will beat out BlazBlue. Even with the update I really don't see that game drawing in much numbers.

MK I think will stick around. The game does well enough IMO to stay.

SC5 will be in without a doubt. The added new features gives it a ton of hype and makes it seem like a new game. The game has the potential to do far better than any SC has in the past and stick around as a very relevant game until SC6, but it's going to depend on how the community handles it(which I am worried about). But for Evo 2012, there really is no question.

T6 is gone. No offense to fans or anything but it really shouldn't have even been at Evo2011. I think the recent Capcom and Namco affiliation is the only reason T6 was there.

SFxT will be there. Despite the gem dilemma the game really has nothing to worry about. I honestly think people are simply overreacting to the crisis. The fact that you can select no gems pretty much handles the problem. Although I think the game can be played with gems and still be very successful. Capcom needs to have a standard set of gems that naturally comes with the game and then that will set a basis for tornaments.

I honestly think FG players(from all FG communities) can be so dramatic and bitchy about things. Similar to the way some(including myself) reacted to CE and BE in SC5 saying "oh they're trying to make it SF4". Sometimes tournament players just need to calm down and think things through before throwing a temper tantrum. I actually think SFxT would have had a more secure future if people didn't over react to gems.

Vincent: You will die on 1/31/2012.

And I'm worried about SFXT. Ono said the Gems are important to the game's balance. but people don't want the gems. So, would it be right to play a game a different way than Capcom intended?

the thing is SF has lots of popular players no way ever its getting snubbed at this evo, the best game exibition last year IMO was mvc3 it was fun to watch, especially the finals! seing one of my fellow puertoricans kicking ass in marvel!( he was the winner in my eyes last year, fuck that phoenix), i hope blaze blue and ( its not a bad game but not that apealing to me) tekken 6 should be snubbed i hate tekken, its so shitty , heres my evo 2012 list:
SF
UMVC3
SC5
DOA5
MK9
everything else is boring to me

I'm completely new to 8wayrun so I find all of this really interesting. You guys seem pretty sure that SCV will make it and that KOF and MK will have to fight it out for the last spot. Which is weird cuz the KOF guys think they're a shoe in and so does the MK community.
Either way this announcement is important for all three games (they happen to be my three favorites). Two years ago you wouldn't see MK and evo in the same sentence, KOF has never been to evo officially (evo's wikipedia page), and the soul team disbanded after the last game so if this one doesn't do well I don't see a SC6. I'm nervous.
Btw I believe last year's evo turn out went like this; ST about 1400 people, mvc3 about 1000, MK about 500, bb and T6 both about 200.
what is the "8wayrun" of mk9? please tell me i wanna check it out

Lol at all the comments saying SC5 is 100% certain. Can you tell me which day each of us will die, too?

Yea Vints it's such an incredible stretch of the imagination to say/predict a hot new fighting game released 6 months prior will be at Evo! Certainly comparable to predicting one's day of death in every category...

If you wanna be stupid about it, bet me a large sum of money that it won't be, I mean... since it has such a good chance of NOT being there, the odds are clearly in your favor. :)

I am willing to bet a large sum of money that you don’t know anything with 100% certainty, therefore rendering the statements of SC5 being guaranteed, false.

Hah.

Yeah, was definitely talking about the 'older heads'. The craziest thing that gets me are those who have been playing online since day one, get angry because online sucks, and still haven't shown up to play or even made some semblance of effort outside of the usual excuses.

There was some comment made about the SRK-types but, thing is, TOs can't deny the SC community if it has the numbers and support it needs to sustain itself. I don't think any TO goes out and willingly says, "Fuck, SC is bringing in 100+ people every time we have it, but fuck dat shit; if it ain't 2D it ain't right!" They're trying to make money and, while SC does not get the props or whatever that I may feel it deserves, a lot of the people of this community could do a lot better before pointing the finger every which-a-way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back