236k: Heavy Hitter?

Also, 236A is very sloppy after it hits, depending on their tech or sideroll it barely hits and does practically no damage at all. Stick with A+BG combo, and if they sideroll 2B+KB is combo. Very useful setup for 4[A+B] as well if you play your cards right.
If they're likely to roll, you can just delay the 236A to land the full thing. If you do it immediately, it'll either miss entirely or do nothing damage depending on if they roll left or right. Confirm to hit. You usually have time.

If they do like to tech left, 3A+K = 50dmg tho.

If they're likely to roll, you can just delay the 236A to land the full thing. If you do it immediately, it'll either miss entirely or do nothing damage depending on if they roll left or right. Confirm to hit. You usually have time.

If they do like to tech left, 3A+K = 50dmg tho.

Both 3A+K and 236A can be blocked on reaction. On crouching enemies, second hit of 3A+K whiffs, so even if 3A+K hits as a tech roll trap, second hit will whiff.

I would never use 3A+K after 236K, is just a parlor trick. As for 236A, I only would use if they don't tech roll.
Stick to 2B+KB or a+bG or jump forward for BT mix ups if they do a side tech roll. Use 33B to catch them too.

Both 3A+K and 236A can be blocked on reaction. On crouching enemies, second hit of 3A+K whiffs, so even if 3A+K hits as a tech roll trap, second hit will whiff.
Yes. It's context sensitive. Fun parlor trick if they want to pop up attacking tho.

236A though, it's the damage it does. Seems like something to keep in the Oki toolbox just for that it nothing else.

They weren't tests at all. Merely speculation.

Seems it at least TCs sooner than I had thought.

And yes, I agree that A+Bg is the way to go when this hits. 236A has a good chance of leaving you in a bad situation, even if it hits partially.

I've had 236K go under Kilik's ws,B and punish him for it. And Im pretty damn sure Kilik's ws,B is a mid.

I've had 236K go under Kilik's ws,B and punish him for it. And Im pretty damn sure Kilik's ws,B is a mid.

I'm about 2 test this right now. Even though I doubt it...
But dear GOD if this is true...

Edit: nope...It whiffed. Damn you! lol

as for the 236K, I'm thinking about keeping my opponent guessing by canceling out of the 1st hit, then doing a 1B or 6A+B; or letting the whole move play out, which would hit them if they were expecting the 1 hit cancel

Up against a mid sequence like that, they don't have much incentive to duck. Throws could work too.

236K is really great, nice find Margi.
Everytime u expect a throw do this, it's seriously morally damaging, as soon as the TC activates it stays there throughout..It's golden when used intelligently. Only -15 on block. That means characters like Mitsu get what? K, or AA or some weak shit. Seriously worth it. Use less vs the greek sluts.

yea i really dropped the move after they removed it from 22_88 but after hearing some of your applications i am going go try it in places i used to just 2A.

I've only gotten this to work on maxi so far but if you are at the right distance you can do

236K (all hits) > A+B for 83 damage

it's very range/character specific it seems, so I doubt it will get much, if any use in match play.

edit: got it to work on cervy too but only works if one of the hits miss, so you get 73 damage. seems highly impractical

I am totally serious, it's just really picky on range/character hitbox. try it from kinda a "far hit" vs maxi. tap 6 to dash at the other maxi in training and try to hit 236K at farthest range possible or somewhere around there

Yeah, that's about the same range where 2A will keep characters from crumpling. (Making it probably the lamest combo ever, but it sets up pressure from there.)

A quick 33K usually pushes the training dummy to near ideal range.

I know I should experiment with this myself, and I will tonight, but does anyone know of good follow-ups to the cancelled version on hit? I have been playing with mixing up the cancelled/non-cancelled version, but it never occurred to me that there might be guaranteed followups to the cancelled version on hit.

Alright, so I read half of the posts and got bored. However, I did notice that nobody mentioned rugi. Rugi's stance (relic i think) where his sword is sheathed at his hip has a ridiculously fast 2 part combo that cannot be interrupted by anything but a 2A (from what I've found out so far). Recap: Relic stance [A], BBB. The [A] is a mid to a high. The BBB's are highs. So what I've noticed is that if you block the mid portion of the [A] you can 236K before the rest even comes out.

you could do a couple things after blocking relic A. i just do a quick duck then 236A A+Bg for 60damage, then RC mixups, but if i didnt anticipate it early enough i will just use 6A+B BL B.

Back