A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold...

Ok, after the pirate i tried to color one of my older drawings (for a xmas present) : since i do not have a drawing tablet i had to mouse my way through this and it was a chore. I chose not to ink the drawing to make it appear softer...Happy with the result ?

Hi again,

Wishing you guys a very happy new year with lots of bombastic CAS (don't expect any more from me though :), fierce online battles or relaxed CAS show-off, and a lot of happiness in your private / student / lab coat researcher / dampierre cultist (*wink*x2) life as well

Let us first answer to the quizz above (i hereby thank you all for participating...*echooooo* ;P):
none of the answers are correct, yet all are ! (full smartass mode on :)
why : because there are spelling / grammar mistakes all over the place yet all the assertions are true.
Let me transalte them for you and correct the mistakes to restore proper french :

Monsieur Le Bello aime bien titiller Vilarcane / Sir Le Bello likes to tease Vilarcane
Monsieur Le Bello est un grand enfant / Sir Le Bello acts like a child
Monsieur Le Bello ne sait pas jouer contre Maxi ni Viola / Sir Le Bello doesn't know how to fight Maxi and Viola
Monsieur Le Bello est et sera toujours mon ami sur ce site / Sir Le Bello is and will forever remain my friend on this site !

Maybe he'll drop a word or two here for old times sake, who knows...i fear he is gonna use this sentence against me (and actually reply with a word or two)

Okay, since i am in a good mood today, you will still get the sur-prize.
It is a composition i did for my kids featuring the TMNT (i loved the stupid yet very entertaining latest movie btw, what a blast), and a few guests portrayed as the missing ninja turtles (+1).

Can you tell who/which are the secret ingredients that have been carefully concealed among the many details of the drawing, haha ?

Bonus pic : step by step...

BONNE ET HEUREUSE ANNEE 8WAYRUN !

Last edited:
Or maybe three.

Suit yourself :)...wish i got more than teasing from you though...
But i know you can't express yourself on my art because of...you know who...

Got a question for you mon ami modérateur, why is my first post with my first CAS visible as a header of each of my thread's page...is it a bug on my end, a new feature of this site... ?
It is strangely ok though :)

Last edited:
Amazing TMNT drawing! Love the PvZ duDE and KF Panda cameos too. Happy new years mate.

Thanks, i had a lot of fun with this one, hope you notices they had headband too, that and the bamboo stick for Po.
But the true secret ingredient are the chop sticks in Po's belt, i am curious if you noticed that with your keen eyes :P

Shit, every thread's got that same problem. I'm gonna try to figure it out as soon as possible.

Oh I was actually wondering about the chopsticks. They're kinda dangling right around his nether regions. Doesn't seem all that safe to me lol. My favorite's definitely the photobombing zombie though. Priceless.

Mage already asked in the admin forums about it, happens in every thread now I believe.

The site's had a few changes so it's not unreasonable to think this could be one of them, Jaxel might be trailing something or it might be a glitch. Who knows?

Mage already asked in the admin forums about it, happens in every thread now I believe.

The site's had a few changes so it's not unreasonable to think this could be one of them, Jaxel might be trailing something or it might be a glitch. Who knows?

Ok, thx, the problem is that you have to see my Launcelot each time you drop by now, and i know you are so scared of him haha :)

Shit, every thread's got that same problem. I'm gonna try to figure it out as soon as possible.

Oh I was actually wondering about the chopsticks. They're kinda dangling right around his nether regions. Doesn't seem all that safe to me lol. My favorite's definitely the photobombing zombie though. Priceless.

I just learned what photobombing means, thanks to you :)
Yeah, definitely looks like : caught red handed sucking on a victim's bone (no pun intended, just look at his bony nunchuk of sorts :P)

Cool to see a mix of new and old here. Especially those Mazingers. Classic. Sounds like Mass Effect music?

Yup, a remix of the galactic map theme :) n' thx. Honestly you should post your female white cyborg for the contest.

Some new stuff from Vil sketch vault...

Something i did for a friend's birthday (a dentist and motorcyclist), here portrayed in his Chibi version...

Then i had to draw some disney stuff for my niece, and to me one of the most captivating traditional 2D disney movies of all time is Mulan.
The stylish art, the music, the animation and sidekicks, everything just clicks in that movie.
This one is a composition of my own, drawing the sword (no pun, it is sheathed :) and keeping the lines smooth and gracious was especially tricky...a mix of warrior and spouse, kinda...

A few digital finishing touches after :

Remember my Conan CAS, well i am a big Conan fan, so i figure, why not try a little quick sketch :

Final battle, round 1, fight !

Now who's gonna be KO'ed, take your bets...

Wow. You're really good at those dynamic poses. And muscles. You should try something like this but with Jesus and Muhammad. Freedom of expression ftw.

How is everything in France btw? Serious shit's goin' down there.

Oh and lovely Mulan art. One of my favorite Disney princesses.

Wow. You're really good at those dynamic poses. And muscles. You should try something like this but with Jesus and Muhammad. Freedom of expression ftw.

How is everything in France btw? Serious shit's goin' down there.

Oh and lovely Mulan art. One of my favorite Disney princesses.

It is like it is us two having a dialogue in this thread now, but i am cool with that, and i appreciate it since i know you are busy with life and working on your sci-fi dude :)
Anyways, thanks mate, for the comments. and the sympathy.
Well, about France, it was a national tragedy, period. People are still knocked out but there was a strong and good republican response.
We knew there were threats and there had been just as gruesome hostage exectutions of french citizens abroad in the past few months, but nobody was expecting something as brutal in the heart of Paris.
I don't know if it is the right forum to discuss this (you know, me and the forum rules), so i'll stick to saying I actually knew/met one of the cartoonist of Charlie Hebdo named Cabu and he was a good and funny guy, totally harmless, and was making fun of catholics, muslims and any other religion for that matter.

I did a quick sketch of him and around those events like so many others ("mais où est charlie" means "where is Charlie?", if you know the book where you have to find Charlie in a crowd). Here it is.

Ok, i went back to the drawing board, and i did those 3 :
Basically those are colored prints of some the pencil sketches i posted here.
When you are only using a mouse and a craptastic online picture editor, it is a real pain in the butt, but i am still quite happy with the result, even if i could have put less hours into it with an actual tablet...but we chose to invest in a new bed my wife and I instead :)

Here you go, first for Mulan fan Brucege :

Then the two versions of my pirate, only in Technicolor (tm) this time around :

The Blonde (on those two, i used the opportunity to completely revamp the beer mug, which was a bit of a mess on the B&W original, cheers !) :

The Brunette

Voilà !

Back