Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

Sorry I haven't been contributing much lately, Guild Wars 2 had claimed my soul for a while but I managed to escape it's grasp. I wish I had a capture card so I could put up some decent quality videos, but I don't so I can't ;(

Also, when you do 66B to SW BE, the fire breath comes out like twice as fast than if you do A+B BE. That brave edge is a very curious move.

Sorry I haven't been contributing much lately, Guild Wars 2 had claimed my soul for a while but I managed to escape it's grasp. I wish I had a capture card so I could put up some decent quality videos, but I don't so I can't ;(

Also, when you do 66B to SW BE, the fire breath comes out like twice as fast than if you do A+B BE. That brave edge is a very curious move.

Honsetly, using it after a successful 66B isn't really worth the meter. I think it even stops the move from ringing out sometimes.

I really wish the fire breath thing was more useful. It's such a neat idea, spend meter to get a fast unblockable that you can combo after.

Reptile will vouch for the usefulness of fireball cancel shenanigans. I haven't tried applying them yet but I have been hit by them before.

I guess I'm not being creative enough with mine, because usually my opponent just steps and I'm left in no better position than before. It doesn't help that the camera effect that happens when he flies over the opponent is really disorienting and usually confuses me just as much as my opponent >_>

I think cancel shenanigans change the direction they have to step?

I don't know. I've been applying them and can be more effective than you expect. Hell, in my match with MarKOed even he claimed to have never seen it before and it got me the win because he just stood there, confused.

But, like the rest of Sand Winger, it's still just a gimmick. =(

So Aeon has the third fastest forward run in the game after Nightmare and Astaroth. Discuss.

He is definetly a movement-based character. maximizing his own and limiting his opponent's. This is probab;y meant to close distance quickly to stop movement as fast as possible with 66A. Also running really fast is very useful for punishing whiffs from far away or punishing your opponent for throwing out a move for no reason when you're both at a stalemate far away from each other.

0_____________________0

0_____________________^0
___________________0 0

___________________/*\0

It makes sense when you consider he's so based off of 66A. Does running speed also correlate with stepping speed? Is there a write-up somewhere with the running speed "tier list"?

It makes sense when you consider he's so based off of 66A. Does running speed also correlate with stepping speed? Is there a write-up somewhere with the running speed "tier list"?
I don't think so. Aeon's backstep is godlike but his 8 way run speed (excepting forwards) is fairly slow, whereas Voldo has the fastest 8 way run speed in the game but his steps aren't exemplary.

Back