Algol Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I found a pretty safe Combo from 44B which does 169 DMG, sorry if its posted already but dont want to read whole thread, Full Meter:

44B~iFC8B BE~3B BE QI A+BB BE~3B BE QU B~3B 169 DMG

As i said, sorry if posted already, didnt see it!

Algol seems pretty fun again...
iFC8B <---- How to do that I saw the AI use it and I have been lost ever since! Also, are their some good metereless combos?

Ive been doing short guides for SCV characters. Here is my Algol one. Nothing special but hope you all like it.

Ive been doing short guides for SCV characters. Here is my Algol one. Nothing special but hope you all like it.

I think it's always gonna help some people to see combos performed in a video with inputs clearly shown, so yeah good job (:

I would just say though that there are some improvements that can be made to some of the combos, but they're still pretty solid.

44B, 4A+B BE, 8A+B, A+B, qflip B
44B, 4A+B BE, dash A+B, 623B
44B, 4A+B BE, dash 8A+B, 66B+K
44B, 4A+B BE, B+K, 3BB
44B, 4A+B BE, B+K, 66B BE, 4B,A
44B, 4A+B BE, 8B+K,K
44B, 4A+B BE, 2A+B, 44AB..? (dunno here actually)
44B, 4A+B BE, dash 8A+B, 4A+B BE, 623B
44B, 4A+B BE, dash 8A+B, 4A+B BE, dash A+B, 3BB
44B, 4A+B BE, dash 8A+B, 4A+B BE, 66B BE, 4B,A
44B, 4A+B BE, dash 8A+B, 4A+B BE, 66B+K
44B, 4A+B BE, 8B+K,BBBB, Run A?
44B, 4A+B BE, 8B+K,BBBB, Qflip B

I'm sure atleast one notation is wrong but atleast I tried.

Hi guys,

New to the forum, am a SC player from waaaaaaay back on the Dreamcast. Was an Astaroth main in all previous versions, but have gone off him slightly now that some of his command throws require meter. So anyway I have picked up Algol now he's not going to be tournament banned, as I find bubble combos to be some sexy ass shit.

So I was just in the lab looking at post 2B+K, B options, for when you catch your opponent's ukemi with the bubble and he pops up in the air. NOTE: I also found that if you come in at max range with the initial hit, it's possible that the opponent can roll away and avoid the bubble, so make sure the 2B+K hits deep.

I tested these out with the training dummy on air control. These are what I found to be guaranteed, hope they are helpful. After 2K+B, B 'pop-up':

3AA - 61-63 DMG depending on how they tried to air control
4BA -61-63 DMG depedning on how they tried to air control
66B BE 4AB - 95 DMG

Obviously there are all the other single hit moves you could follow up with after the pop up. 3B gave out about 52 DMG but 3BB is not guaranteed and if they do air control it leaves you in a horrible position.

Now I also found that if you do 3B BE A,B, or K that you will miss sometimes if the opponent air controls out of the way, however you will land BT and it seemed like there was enough frame advantage due to the opponent still being knocked down or just rising to make a followup B+K, A+B tech trap viable. This needs more testing though.

I'm sure there's more potential for this move, as it's much less obvious than just going for a 44B launch.

I also found this combo which I don't think anyone else has posted, it takes 1.5 bars and is probably not that useful, except for the fact it comes out of a crouched state.

WR8B BE, 3B BE A+B A+B BE, 4BA - 95 DMG.

Try as I might, I couldn't get the WR8B BE to combo from like 2B+K, or 2K or anything like that.

I found out that something with 1B
If you delay 2A+B you get an higher bounce, so what i do to time it perfectly is to do
a quick dash. so 1B CH, dash 2A+B, 66B+K meterless and deal 78dmg and gives you
the opporunity to do the chair loop right after that.

Also 8A+B and a+b connect with the delayed 2A+B

Would it be possible to see any video confirmation of this? If it is practical than that means...

MOAR COMBOEZ!!!

EDIT: What if you could delay the 2A+B from a successful 22_88 B and reproduce the double bubble stuff that you mentioned? hmm.... I may have to test this later.

EDIT: What if you could delay the 2A+B from a successful 22_88 B and reproduce the double bubble stuff that you mentioned? hmm.... I may have to test this later.

I actually have a variation I have been using. More of a setup because you have to lay down 8A+B before you even try 22_88B, but it looks like this.

8A+B, 22B, dash 2A+B (double bubble)

This can lead into whatever you want. If the tech from 1B turns out to be true, and can be done off 22B, this turns out to be a hella good find.

Anyone have any tips for those of us who keep having QI B come out instead of QI A+B?
No idea what the layout is on pad, but on stick I have an A+B macro button (ts on by default, I assume pad has something similar ). If I want to QI B then I just hit B, if I want to QI A+B then I hit my A+B button, but I typically QI A+B BE so I just mash my ABK button

lain - something is very clearly wrong with the input for QI A+BB because I generally have no difficulty with A+B inputs but that move was making me get QI B anyway a lot of times. 1st SC game I've set a trigger to A+B, and its only cause of that move

I do the same thing as tenguegg. I play on a stick with no macro buttons, only A B K and G binds and when I do QI A+B, B BE i just generally do QI A+B+K and mash all three buttons 'til I see I Algol flash yellow. The only issue is that you ofcourse have to be sure you press all 3 buttons simultaneously all the time else you'll learn the hard way by getting yourself Ring Out hah.

you'll learn the hard way by getting yourself Ring Out hah.

If i'm not mistaken you can't use BE when you get yourself RO with QI A+B,B

Would it be possible to see any video confirmation of this? If it is practical than that means...

MOAR COMBOEZ!!!

I can't prove it because the only match of me recorded, i missed the combo 4 times hahaha, but actually it works i used it during the whole WGC.

I found out that something with 1B
If you delay 2A+B you get an higher bounce, so what i do to time it perfectly is to do
a quick dash. so 1B CH, dash 2A+B, 66B+K meterless and deal 78dmg and gives you
the opporunity to do the chair loop right after that.

Also 8A+B and a+b connect with the delayed 2A+B
This is really cool, I just tried it. I think what's happening isn't that they're getting launched higher, it's that the 2A+B is hitting later so you're able to connect slower moves after it. When I get it, the bubble passes over them as they fall and hits their feet for the launch.

I can only get this at close range though, when I try to dash up into it from far they ukemi before the bubble reaches. Maybe I'm not fast enough? Either way definitely the new meterless close CH 1B combo.

Using this, you can do:
CH 1B(close) > 2A+B > 8A+B > 3B BE QI B > 3B = 88 dmg

This seems really good cuz now you can get the QI B first from a close CH 1B if you want to use the multiple BEs.

One minor problem I've encountered is that the 2A+B won't connect properly if you aren't lined up with your opponent.

EDIT: It also seems character specific sadly...doesn't work on Astaroth, probably cuz the bubble can't get passed his bigger torso to hit his feet.
From my testing, no. 22B > 2A+B can be left ukemi if you do it immediately (if you don't believe me record it and try, cpu doesnt ukemi in time here if you set them to). But if you delay it, it doesn't give the same effect since they're falling on their back and the bubble reaches them the same way no matter what timing.

Nothing crazy but I imagine this'll be useful to everyone's game. Off any bubble hits on the ground, you can get QI K or QI B from pretty decently far away. Even if you do it late, QI K tracks ukemi, so it seems guaranteed. If you do it early enough before they fall over, you even get a knockdown. Pretty useful for making bubbles scarier.

Nothing crazy but I imagine this'll be useful to everyone's game. Off any bubble hits on the ground, you can get QI K or QI B from pretty decently far away. Even if you do it late, QI K tracks ukemi, so it seems guaranteed. If you do it early enough before they fall over, you even get a knockdown. Pretty useful for making bubbles scarier.

yeah it's pretty useful

Back