Algol Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Oh man I was just about to post this exact same info lol.

Only with minor damage differences, I got 77 everytime with the first combo, others were just 1 difference.

Only other thing I could add is that 3AA catches all techs, but that's not even worth attempting unless they know to tech left everytime.

Could be worth noting the option to use CE1 to RO if you hit near an edge, otherwise you'll RO yourself with 3B BE though I guess that's already common knowledge.

This is now a very useful move as I've previously trained people to duck my Qflips.

I'll have to check out the 3AA tech trap later. speaking of 3AA, thats a move that actually needs a damage buff not QI B, cause its unsafe and pretty weak lol.

the combo list was updated last night with the new QI B combos but I haven't updated the damage numbers for combos involving 44B etc yet

I know from just trying it out now that 44B, 66B+K does 120 dmg after trapping from Qflip B.

I agree yeah, it should either be less unsafe, do more damage or lead to a combo or at least a decent tech trap chance.

Another bubble shenanigan combo... sadly.

Makeout distance.
44B > 4A+B (BE) > 2A+B > 66B+K. It'd probably be easier to have a video. Quick timing and axis is interesting. It's 110+ dmg though and leaves you BT for chair tech. Anyone notice 4A+B (BE) wall splats airborne opponents occasionally?

Those QI B combos are definitely sexy though. Nice find.

i don't understand, aren't those QI B combos already exist i can't find something new ....

QI B air hit "ground splat" effect is the same

normal QI B now gives a beefy knockdown hit that allows for combos, old QI B just gave a knockdown with no combo opportunity

aaah k lol i only try QI out of air combos...
yeah that's a nice add but rly QI B not seem so exploitable as a move ....

aaah k lol i only try QI out of air combos...
yeah that's a nice add but rly QI B not seem so exploitable as a move ....

66B > 3B BE > QI A+BB combo is a great setup for QI mixups so try that

new combos

44B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > 66B (192/200/205/210/219) 100% meter timing of the FC 8B BE affects the damage, as does clean hit possiblity. damage ranges quite a wide amount and I'm not totally sure why

4B+K > 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > 66B (218) 100% meter (works on pyrhra, QI B hit but no splat vs Asta) the 4B+K combo doesn't work cause they can ukemi the 2nd 2A+B -_-

I just started playing with the new patch and DAMN!

DAT FC 8B and its BE counterpart are beefy in terms of raw ass damage! The 44B launcher is kinda weird because the damage is only increased by 4 on the combos that naturally used 44B as a combo starter.

Also the QI B and QI K after a 3B BE relaunch for A+B B makes for some nasty ass mixups from mid to low to empty flip into grab or QI A if they manage to move out of the way of QI B and QI K

4B+K > 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > 66B (218) 100% meter (works on pyrhra, QI B hit but no splat vs Asta)
You forgot the second 2A+B after the FC 8B BE. Without it you have to do 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > 3B BE > QI B > 3B for less damage.

You forgot the second 2A+B after the FC 8B BE. Without it you have to do 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > 3B BE > QI B > 3B for less damage.

does the damage on the combo I posted match up if you do it as I posted it? I don't think I did two 2A+Bs in the combo

Using this new technology, I have found perhaps the best 1 BE combo. It is especially useful on a Guard Burst.
Here it is:

44B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 66B

You get about 125 damage with a good chance for a clean hit and meter gain

I will clarify on the exact numbers later when I get the chance

I just figured out that with the speed increase (or rather the input leniency) you can do on CH:

1B > 2A+B > iFC 8B > 3B (with optional extra B after 3B if near the ring edge) -

This combo leads to more damage and meter gain after the BE than this combo:

1B > 2A+B > 66B BE > 4BA

The first combo has gotten weird results, I seem to get 3 different values (not including clean hit) depending how delayed I do 3B

The damage values I got were 80/90/96 anyone have a clue why?

probably due to ukemi settings...

you mean FC 8B BE right? normal FC 8B doesn't combo to 3B cause they can side ukemi it

Whoops my bad I forgot to put the BE in the combo

Also, with the Clean Hit the whole combo tends to jump about 10 points higher, perhaps it's better off to use FC 8B BE instead of 66B BE in the CH combo for 1B

yeah that is a possibility. I messed with it a bit earlier but wasn't very thorough. I think it may have some range requirements and maybe character specific too, but I don't know. generally if you test on pyrrha and asta that covers most bases...

44B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > 66B (192/200/205/210/219) 100% meter timing of the FC 8B BE affects the damage, as does clean hit possiblity. damage ranges quite a wide amount and I'm not totally sure why

I have the AI set to AC to the Back Right and I cannot get this combo to work. QI B either hits without the animation or can be blocked. o.O Could ya help me check?

Also can anyone upload the combo of 4B+K, 2A+B, FC 8B BE and CH 1B, 2A+B, FC 8B BE?

I can only get the latter on a really deep hit, due to the bubble launching really late. Otherwise it won't work. Is the timing really tight?

Back