All Purpose Hypothetical Super Soul Calibur 5 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks: just checked out the link you gave. Interesting tidbit of info. And they stop the dlc.... hmmm. Yeah I noticed his twitter feed. Same i think with the Facebook as well.
They abandoned facebook long ago. Its nothing but complaints. It took them two weeks to post that the last DLC was the final one.

They abandoned facebook long ago. Its nothing but complaints. It took them two weeks to post that the last DLC was the final one.
I heard for a time that comments were disabled for a while there but then it started all over. The facebook hacks think they're "voicing" their opinions ignorantly when actually just bitching and bitching and insulting the company. I know from experience that that does nothing and they will ignore you if you do. Though within this fanbase I don't know how connected the company really is if they even care:

"Namco Bandai business up 32% in fiscal quarter, Soulcalibur 5 leads sales"
Namco Bandai's Game Software Division brought in 13.8 billion yen ($176.3 million) in its fiscal Q1 (ended June 30), up over last year's 10.4 billion yen. Overall, the "Content Business" that includes game software brought in 57 billion yen ($728.18 million), a 60% increase over the 35.6 billion from the same time last year.

I heard for a time that comments were disabled for a while there but then it started all over. The facebook hacks think they're "voicing" their opinions ignorantly when actually just bitching and bitching and insulting the company. I know from experience that that does nothing and they will ignore you if you do. Though within this fanbase I don't know how connected the company really is if they even care:

"Namco Bandai business up 32% in fiscal quarter, Soulcalibur 5 leads sales"
Namco Bandai's Game Software Division brought in 13.8 billion yen ($176.3 million) in its fiscal Q1 (ended June 30), up over last year's 10.4 billion yen. Overall, the "Content Business" that includes game software brought in 57 billion yen ($728.18 million), a 60% increase over the 35.6 billion from the same time last year.

Money sure as hell isnt tight so why so stingy?
Is that true? Wow, reminds me of where I live: one of the richest counties, but there is hardly anything in it. Even its only high school has been there for decades and students hardly even fit in there.

But of course keep in mind Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has not been released yet, and I'm sure they'll get bank once that game comes out.

I'm not complaining. "Lets see what's under that disguise!" I'll say that to Pyrrha even chance I get. :D

Naughty!
You might find something like this tho >///>;
hobbyjapan_pyrrha11.jpg

I just read through the entire thread and here are some suggestions by others as well as some of my own:

• Ping updates about tournaments that are going on via PSN/XBL
  • Change ranked mode to 3 out of 5
  • Ability to filter criteria based on characters (I only want to fight Natsus today, etc.)
  • Fix the disconnection issues in PSN
  • No CAS in ranked mode
  • Include Zasalamel, Talim, Bangoo, Yun Seung
  • Combine Pyrrha/oPyrrha and rebalance the character’s moveset
  • Change aPat back to Setsuka (no one will complain, trust me)
  • Allow player to reskin(Press L1) their character to original (Natsu -> Taki, Asta-> Rock, Xiba->Kilik)
  • CE on certain stances like Raph's prep, Lizardman's crawl etc.
  • Patch viola backgrab nonsense
Team battle mode. This doesn't have to encroach on Tekken Tag. Just give us something that lets us play with more people at once so our friends don’t get bored watching.​

• A “Strength” stat to CAS armor that lasts longer before breaking.Items can be upgraded.Allow infinite slots(hardware max) as long as the costume is not allowed in ranked mode, or at the very least can be hidden by the opponent. Get creative with other stats as long as they don't affect core gameplay
A better camera and recording system so that we can make better machinima movies and have more fun with the soul calibur universe.​

• Ability to filter criteria based on characters (I only want to fight Natsus today, etc.)
I agree with everything except this. While it would be nice to never have to fight a gamefaqs scrub who sends me hatemail for air throwing him out of the ring (because he obviously will set his options to never see Natsu, because she's "cheap") it'll fragment the online player base and make it harder to find opponents.

I guess thats no surprise... they may as well take their account off facebook lol if they don't want to hear Our Voice.. let alone anything else.

I agree with everything except this. While it would be nice to never have to fight a gamefaqs scrub who sends me hatemail for air throwing him out of the ring (because he obviously will set his options to never see Natsu, because she's "cheap") it'll fragment the online player base and make it harder to find opponents.

Absolutely.

I can agree with that. Maybe some type of system that just gives "priority" to connecting you with players that use your preferred match-up would work? If you decide you wanna fight Natsu that day, it wouldn't isolate you from everyone else but it would give you a better chance at fighting the dude with a 98% Natsu usage over the other joes who use everyone but her.

I can agree with that. Maybe some type of system that just gives "priority" to connecting you with players that use your preferred match-up would work? If you decide you wanna fight Natsu that day, it wouldn't isolate you from everyone else but it would give you a better chance at fighting the dude with a 98% Natsu usage over the other joes who use everyone but her.

I dunno i think bringing back the area location thingy where players are playing from is a bit more viable. I hardly get to play people from my own country and finding them is potluck in rank especially.

Change ranked mode to 3 out of 5
While i think this would be better in terms that FT1 is too short, i also think that having to play more than 1 match would increase quitters drastically.

Imo a better solution would be a revanche system, where the loser gets the option to propose a rematch. If he does, he won't receive the usual penalty for his prior loss, to encourage it.

Something like a bigger reward for the winner of the rematch would also be an option.

Why is it that Tekken was able to do a time skip, and it still remained as a very popular game, and the series itself is still popular? Enough for Namco to have marketing after marketing over the series. Namco just made sure that anyone else that was removed would be in a non-canon game. Hence Michelle, Jun, Kunimitsu, P Jack, Tiger, and various others returning in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Why is it that SC does it, that's when people make a fuss over it? I'm beginning to see a distinct difference between players then (T3), and players now (SCV).

Well, when Tekken 3 came out around the same time as Soul Calibur, we were being introduced to a new generation of characters. From Tekken we had Jin, Hwoarang, Xiaoyu, Eddy, etc. and Soul Calibur had Kilik, Xianghua, Maxi, Astaroth, etc. So to put it in layman's terms, SC1 was made to be parallel in terms of coincidental appearances of the characters and mannerisms. So there's that...and just sayin'.

I dunno i think bringing back the area location thingy where players are playing from is a bit more viable. I hardly get to play people from my own country and finding them is potluck in rank especially.

Yeah, I don't really think my idea is likely, but it would be nice :p

Probably doesn't matter, but I hate the floating cards. I liked the 3d render from SCii. Here are my opinions on what should be done.
If they stick with the cards, add more poses. Many, many more poses. It would also be great to be able to screenshot a character doing a specific move, instead of the 3 unique poses each style has.
Bring back the 3d render and add the function that allows dialogue during it again. I really liked those.

Is that true? Wow, reminds me of where I live: one of the richest counties, but there is hardly anything in it. Even its only high school has been there for decades and students hardly even fit in there. But of course keep in mind Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has not been released yet, and I'm sure they'll get bank once that game comes out.
I still think they can save the game if they remake it and fix what people dont like about SC5 to truly see if they can win back the fanbase, its too early to jump into SC6 especially with the community so hostile. They have the money and the material-they just need to fix up what ruined SC5. It may be a lot of various things but the series isnt dead. They need to start from scratch. Scratch the whole thing. I just do NOT want a super soulcalibur 5 especially since I already paid over $60 for the original which sucked. Nearly everything about this game is a stepbackwards. They might as well remake SC4 with balanced characters, quickstep, new stages, equipment and a better overall story mode but NO. SC5 was so incomplete that everyone who bought it should get a super version for free. A super version of SC5 would just be a cash grab though which is what I don't want to encourage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back