Attention Cervantes players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see Cervantes dominating. I understand on paper he looks like he should win every fight. And with perfect execution he is a damage monster. But is Cervy winning every Tourny he is in? Are the top spots Cervy, Cervy and Cervy? Nightmare wins. Viola wins. Natsu wins etc... Same with Alpha, on paper a monster. And yes hard to deal with in the right hands. But only time will tell if "OP". I would like buffs to a few underpowered characters. I love buffs to a certain extent.
Tourney results don't always give the answer lol. The reason why no one is winning with aPat and Cervy is because of execution. The most used for tournies: Nightmare and Viola, have really not much to them. Easy to play.

*Docvizzo for top 3 at EBO this year*
=P

That said, he completely deserves the spot.

Ah, one of your infamous guarantees. I guess that means Docvizzo is gonna come 2nd in his group, then get knocked out straight away because he keeps pressing start. He'll then later claim he had "hardware issues" and then lie that Cervantes wasn't unlocked on his station... right?

On topic: confused about some of the proposed changes for Cervy. 22K, wtf?! I do want his 11K to ring out properly though, still pisses me off it doesn't. As for 1AB, toning down the CH hit seems fair but keep the iGDR followup.

Nerfs are probably on the way! People even blew the whistle on OP moves like 22K and bA. Fuck this, I'm playing Ivy.
Lol you should. Never underestimate an Ivy player's complaint.

I think if CH1AB and aB get a damage nerf it's ok. At least he's unsafe (but not to every character though).
I think this patch thing is about getting rid of stupid stuff and not making everyone Mid Tier. CH 1AB dmg and aB damage is retarded, but that's it imo. And he'd still be pretty fiesty.

???? don't get what is the crying with cervantes, for one to win with cervantes is no easy task,

3A i15 32dmg -15 on guard ..... you want to nerf this right ?
Ba High i18 20dmg ( can lead to iGDR combo) -16 on guard GB 15 ..... this one too right ?
6BB i19 -14 on guard .... really?
3A+B i22 -16 on guard .......
WR A+B sidesttepable so (almost useless)
4B+K i24 -14 on guard

really people?? cervantes is a excellent character with a handful of excellent but unsafes moves, and a handful of regular/bad moves but safe,

Cervantes has the true balance of veing high risk, high rewards. Unlike most of the cast who are low risk high reward like O/pyrrha, Natsu, Mitsurugi, Viola etc,

Who is this scrub?

UK tournament organiser, player, setup weekly casuals, take my console/monitor to sessions at people's houses, took my console all the way to Cannes (which you played on), run the SC UK Twitter account, the Youtube channel, promote any tournaments in the UK, help other players out whenever I can at said sessions, personally invite people to tournaments and find cheap hotels for them (you).
Real question is, who the Fuck are you? [Rhetorical question (not that you would answer), I know exactly who you are]

I remember when you thought 66B was safe on block =)

Aww, that was sweet of you to not (be able) punish it ;-)

Lol, this scrub be mad.
If you really want a (frankly pointless) credentials war, its on though:
UK tournament organiser, player, setup casuals on average three times a week, takes console and screen to casuals (also to tournaments), (The youtube channel of yours is appalling - I have more videos of SCV casuals from up here and more views, lol. I'm guessing your twitter is no better. What you mean is you set up a youtube and twitter account and wish they were for the UK scene.) personally help players out where I can, personally invite players to tournaments and casuablah blah blah herp derp. That was the utterly pointless stuff.

Here's what counts:
5 Tournament wins since SCV release
1 Major tournament win
Completely undefeated in tournament play since SC Impact
(I would ask you to give me your record, but you don't have one, so you can't. =) )

People make me laugh, Nigthmare, VIOLA(THE MOST) and a few others should be the main concerns. Maybe an overall dmg decrease but I think Cervy is good the way he is.
I honestly wouldn't mind Viola being nerfed. damage and property wise... I honest dont care. plus she needs to get her Glitches fixed. I might record a video today after I get home from school showing all her flaws and glitches.

This is kinda horrible. This thread hurts my eyes.
So much trolls ! So much lack of knowledge ! So much liars !

Have fun in your dream word where Cervantes is high risk/high reward...
Have a good day sirs ;)

Have a good day sirs ;)

#1 Cervantes Hater has entered the building! :) Of course Cervantes game is more risky than any of the other top tier characters, but i dont think we should start this argument again...

#1 Cervantes Hater has entered the building! :) Of course Cervantes game is more risky than any of the other top tier characters, but i dont think we should start this argument again...

LOL, this is full of cervy's and alpha's haters...

Have a good day sirs ;)
So you guys can create a thread that attacks our character and calls for excessive and unnecessary nerfs. Then when we create a thread that brings this to our players attention, you don't like it?

Well if French weren't afraid to duck 1aB wouldnt be a problem and also stepping at close range against cervy shouldnt be an option. Or it's a free 80 dmg(this could be nerfed)

So you guys can create a thread that attacks our character and calls for excessive and unnecessary nerfs. Then when we create a thread that brings this to our players attention, you don't like it?
Whoa whoa whoa. Belial made the thread and indicated from the off that he wanted his own character, Mitsurugi, nerfed. Maxou posted an extensive lists of nerfs to his own character too. And, God forbid, certain top Cervantes players think that some of his attacks might be a little OP too.

There are no calls for "excessive and unnecessary nerfs" from the top players. The point was simply that some attacks of the top tier characters are a little to rewarding for the associated risk. It isn't a random wishlist of fixes for things that people can't deal with. It is the result of extensive playing, testing and discussion between some of Europe's very best players.

There's nothing saying that any of this will make any difference, but it was just an attempt by Belial to gather information on what people thought about the game that made it frustrating. Most of the top players in Europe agreed that a few characters have moves that make the game unchallenging for them at top level, and Cervantes is one of those characters. The main culprits are aB, 1AB and 4B BE, though there isn't agreement as to which of these are too good.

You don't have to agree or like it of course, but it's not just a random attack on Cervantes, it's a plea to Namco to make the game as good as it can be going forward. In particular, to iron out the stuff that is blatantly too good.

I must admit, when players talk about nerfs to other characters without considering their own it is irritating. I will fully admit Alpha is too good and amongst other things needs a serious damage nerf.
If Alpha is indeed theoretically the strongest char, Cervantes is up there with him. In principal his toolset is very good, but right now the reward on several of his best tools is just... Dumb. aB does as much damage alone as a Leixia combo - wtf is that? 1AB is one of the best antisteps in the game and changes the matchup just for existing. I'm not opposed to his style, it just needs to be toned down.

This is not moaning or bitching, (to me at least) it is common sense. Cue the complaints... =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back