Attention Cervantes players

Status
Not open for further replies.
pfft...92. Puny-ass chip damage that doesnt even feel anywhere.

Seriously though. I dont see the problem. Sure the risk is high but so is the reward and just getting it blocked one or two times makes the Cerv player more hesitant to try it again.

I dont even play this char. And I'm totally fine with how he is right now. Then again I'd probably be fine with it even if 1ab did 40 damage and 3b was safe so whatever.

I think what they should actually do is nerf the game disk itself till it self destructs in your gaming system. Seems like everyone is happy. nobody is over powered!

Seriously though. I dont see the problem. Sure the risk is high but so is the reward and just getting it blocked one or two times makes the Cerv player more hesitant to try it again.
Why?
When is (what is for most of the cast, their weakest punisher) it ever a deterrent?

This should be good...

Well if French weren't afraid to duck 1aB wouldnt be a problem and also stepping at close range against cervy shouldnt be an option. Or it's a free 80 dmg(this could be nerfed)
Naw trust me man you don't really wanna duck randomly against cervy's 1AB espically if the cervantes player ( myself) can nail IGDR like 90% of the time..might turn out scary for you. I say less pushback on aB and CH damage reduced off of 1AB he'll be fine and can still own people heh

Only solution is to work around it. Its way too early for another patch. Do not forget, Namco did state that they preferred buffing a character instead of nerfing. So i fear that they won't change Cervy, this is how they want him.

Reactions: LP
Why?
When is (what is for most of the cast, their weakest punisher) it ever a deterrent?
Oh sorry I meant ducking against 1ab. Should have been more clear about it. I only now noticed how misleading that little 92 comment is.

Well done on answering a rhetorical question and ignoring about 50 on Neo. I'm always reminded of this classic scene from BASEketball whenever I read any of your posts. I'll glaze over the lies you just told and won't ask if any top players were at the tournaments you won. Instead, I'll try Duncan's approach.

BRING BACK CERVYS OLD 1K!!!

There's nothing wrong with Cervy right now. His risk/reward is just fine. His weakness is that he doesn't have a strong mixup if your opponent just runs up and block. Don't tell me mid/throw because there's no reason to duck against Cervy.

I feel the few matchups in this game that makes you play out of the way will be Xiba and his stupid B+K auto-gi and Viola. Or perhaps i'm the only one facing this.

This game is all about learning your matchups and deal with it.

Actually IMO there's tons of things wrong with Cervantes right now. His risk/reward is just... Man ShenChan did I really read that?
Let's take 3B, you have a tipical Cervantes risk/reward exemple : 3B 85+dmg, punishment : 14+. Sick risk. Not saying it can launch at tip range and then avoid most of AA punishment.

Cervantes is not a really unsafe character. He has an invisible low, antistep, antibackdash that is really unsafe. He doesn't need to use much more unsafe moves apart from 66A (-12), 3B (-13) and 66B (-14 but pushback make this move kinda safe against most of the cast).
His gameplay (I mean his overall tool box that he needs to use) is kinda safer than Patroklos' and Pat has a really safe gameplay already... I admit I don't really understand.
Please explain to me why his risk/reward is fine.

Pyrrha eats him alive! Stabs all day on his "so safe" stuff. And 1 AB doesnt have range! It doesn't go nightmare 1A across the screen. If your off by a bit and Cervy 1ABs and misses the A, he dies! Combo of choice after that. Keep him back. He has good tools. Leave them that way. Maxou you said the match up was 5-5 in your Alpha thread. Not every match up can be 9-1 alpha.

I feel the few matchups in this game that makes you play out of the way will be Xiba and his stupid B+K auto-gi and Viola. Or perhaps i'm the only one facing this.

This game is all about learning your matchups and deal with it.

Exact same characters for me too, feel like you have to play Cervy very differently against these 2 characters. Anyone else like that?

Actually IMO there's tons of things wrong with Cervantes right now. His risk/reward is just... Man ShenChan did I really read that?
Let's take 3B, you have a tipical Cervantes risk/reward exemple : 3B 85+dmg, punishment : 14+. Sick risk. Not saying it can launch at tip range and then avoid most of AA punishment.

Cervantes is not a really unsafe character. He has an invisible low, antistep, antibackdash that is really unsafe. He doesn't need to use much more unsafe moves apart from 66A (-12), 3B (-13) and 66B (-14 but pushback make this move kinda safe against most of the cast).
His gameplay (I mean his overall tool box that he needs to use) is kinda safer than Patroklos' and Pat has a really safe gameplay already... I admit I don't really understand.
Please explain to me why his risk/reward is fine.

Seriously Maxou are you blind or something? You are talking about he doesnt need to use unsafe moves? Thats utterly bullshit and you keep mentioning 3B over and over again, which is indeed his ONLY safe option besides 2A+B which is pathetic. I really dont know if you are just trolling, cause its pretty bullshit what you post about Cervantes. Especially checking your double standards, when it comes to Moves like Alphas 66B which is completely fine to you, mid, tracking safe huge damage. But proposing nerf to cervys 66B? What a joke seriously. Please explain that to me.

Please name me some more safe tools of cervantes, im really curious.

aB -18 ....
WR AB -15 ....
4 aB B -16 ...
B -14 ....
BBB - 16 (useless unless CH)
bA -16 (well this has mid GI properties)
4 B K -14
6 K -16
1K - 22
3 A+B -16
WR A+B -16

you may want all theses moves to be -25 right? a good player will always punish those, so why the whining...

Seriously i think Maxou is trolling. He plays me all the time and last two times he finally starts beating me to a point where i really raged :) He knows how unsafe Cervantes is, he is using his broken 44B+K BE whenever he can for 100 DMG. He starts jumping against 1AB. He doesnt eat much 1AB ch anymore etc etc. Also the other top players i play adapt well. Its ten times harder to win now. You just have to adapt to his gameplan, then everything is fine. And im pretty sure Maxou knows that very well.

So he has to be trolling.

Do not forget, Namco did state that they preferred buffing a character instead of nerfing.
Lol, when did Namco say that? I haven't seen that. Even if they said it, it's not true, haha.

I REALLY want to see docvizzo and Maxou playing against each other offline. The loser will rage so hard that the other Top Tier character is more retarted than his own Top Tier character, haha.

Seriously i think Maxou is trolling. He plays me all the time and last two times he finally starts beating me to a point where i really raged :) He knows how unsafe Cervantes is, he is using his broken 44B+K BE whenever he can for 100 DMG. He starts jumping against 1AB. He doesnt eat much 1AB ch anymore etc etc. Also the other top players i play adapt well. Its ten times harder to win now. You just have to adapt to his gameplan, then everything is fine. And im pretty sure Maxou knows that very well.

So he has to be trolling.
mmm I was wondering how many frames does alpha's 44B+K BE come out?

Cervantes is fine outside of 1AB being slightly too powerful. I really agree with everyone saying allow the game to unfold instead of knee jerk nerfs by "knowledgeable people". Even 1AB can be neutralized to a degree by good spacing and good defensive gameplay. And shit, if you do block both hits, Cerv gets demolished.

Cervantes is fine outside of 1AB being slightly too powerful. I really agree with everyone saying allow the game to unfold instead of knee jerk nerfs by "knowledgeable people". Even 1AB can be neutralized to a degree by good spacing and good defensive gameplay. And shit, if you do block both hits, Cerv gets demolished.
This is why you and I are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back