Basic Q&A Thread

I use a capture card. Then I can edit the footage, upload it to youtube, then embed it here if I want to. Its a good setup and you can do it pretty cheaply if you already have a computer. (£15-20 for a basic setup)

Ok, guys, so far i've been lurking this forum to gather some information but something isn't really clear in my mind.

I used the search tools, so I hope these weren't already answered. If so i apologize.
Questions:

1) People can't guard forever, because of the guard break system. Is the guard "energy" equal for every character? or some people may guard more than others?

2) How often Namco releases patches? Is there going to be a final patch or are they going to patch it forever until the game stops selling?

3) Based on what a tier list is made? I know ZWEI isn't really high as character (poor range, really meter dependente if you wanna do damage, and seems he builds meter slower than other characters), is there a chance he will get a new tool or a buff?

Tnx a lot.

1. I believe everyone has the same guard gauge unlike SCIV. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
2. They aren't on a set schedule.
3. I think Z.W.E.I. is pretty good if in the correct hands, I've fought some good ones and got raped. He just takes a ton of skill to use. xD

Hmm...How about those infractions? I see no better place to ask and see absolutely zero documentation. What exactly do they do, temporary ban or...? How does one tell if they've received any? How are they removed? Do they have any cumulative effects?

It's just kind of bugging me that I don't know actually know what the implications are here.

Hmm...How about those infractions? I see no better place to ask and see absolutely zero documentation. What exactly do they do, temporary ban or...? How does one tell if they've received any? How are they removed? Do they have any cumulative effects?

It's just kind of bugging me that I don't know actually know what the implications are here.

They're either:

Worth an amount of points per infraction, with a number of points leading to a minor/major/perma ban.

Or work like a strike system. 3 and you're out, so to speak.

Hmm...How about those infractions? I see no better place to ask and see absolutely zero documentation.
In the Administration and Moderation board (only viewable by staff) there is EXTENSIVE documentation, I can assure you, haha.

In principle, it works like this:

Post in any section a specific moderator has mod powers in and next to every post (where it says report) is the button 'warn' on the mod's display. This opens up the infraction part, where you can administer specific 'points' with a customised infraction or a preset infraction.

eg.
Posting out of place is worth 1 point. (Minor infraction)
Vandalising the wiki is worth 10 points. (Fucking major infraction)

Once administered, points usually expire exactly 1 month later.

10 points and you're on probation.
15 points and you're banned.

Simple! =)

And as you have no way to tell how many points you have, best idea is to behave, though administration of points is taken seriously and abusing mod powers is not tolerated. Basically, you only get points if you deserve them. SA mods typically are forbidden to give infractions, they are almost exclusively done by super mods/admins but there are exceptions. (eg. Myself in the Viola SA, but that is with both permission and supervision.)

Back