[Buffalo, NY] How'd we get to be so S-RANK?

Despite all of the criticisms we may have of the system, rest assured Brian we really do appreciate all the time and effort you've put into everything thus far--needless to say the Buffalo crew would not be as large or as thriving if it weren't for you, so thanks.

of course, this is in no way criticizing brian's work and effort that he puts into our community. we all appreciate and thank him for it. what i'm writing aren't criticisms just expressing an opinion that might be shared by others and can improve w/e system we have in place so that it's more fun and enjoyable while staying competitive.

I don't care about the points...

But I could get behind 2 week cycles for random characters. Mostly because one week just isn't enough time for me to learn more about a character than some simple combos/links and what moves have high priority and good range, then using that over and over again.

I feel in two weeks, I may move up to more advanced combos and learn to space and zone properly. Or maybe not, who knows.

Just weighing in.

I don't care about the points...

But I could get behind 2 week cycles for random characters. Mostly because one week just isn't enough time for me to learn more about a character than some simple combos/links and what moves have high priority and good range, then using that over and over again.

I feel in two weeks, I may move up to more advanced combos and learn to space and zone properly. Or maybe not, who knows.

Just weighing in.

shoryuken.com is friend when it comes to learning links, or knowing people and asking questions. :) that i will be doin wiht my alt this week, and same with abel, and Ryu. i should be working Ryu more because of SB4

yeah i like the tight points system more than that negative one because it looks like i can caught jug now but who will translate all the points of everyone else but brion a beast only he can make buffalo come together like this in gaming and just something little as working together on a basic points system

Hey it's cool man now you know. Ha and I did want to shut you up, but I got more mad at myself when I started losing, and losing just happens sometimes. Let's hit the Sagat/Honda fight hard at Smash Club if we get the chance. I say take it over, get two TVs going! Otherwise, we'll play in two weeks.

yo i will bring my tv to smash club just let me know

chris we have not spoken since blaze blue so ima man up and say sorry but i dont think i was out of place i just didnt know thats how u reacted until i heard Cha talking so now i know that we can only speak as men so much respect to u man

I'm not sure why Brian spoke on it when I wasn't there, but let's talk about this next time I'm over there. I'm not gonna get into this and that on the internet with specific people, and the stuff I said just today wasn't solely directed at you either. When I say as a community you guys will have to handle this, I mean it. I'm sorry for acting that way in Syracuse, it almost caused problems with a few different people, and probably could have if I didn't have my friend Mike in town to keep me grounded.

So for now guys, just do as I say and not as I did lol. I'm gonna do what I can to better my behavior for Buffalo's tourney.

Also concerning the rankings, tightening up the points is nice and all, but at some point you guys are gonna have to step up and beat Jug. I'm not talkin about one or two people I'm talkin about YOU GUYS.

cha= #1

yay i got a charge char. i see exactly where you're coming from joe, i wouldn't mind seeing this char thing last 2 weeks instead of 1.

also where is mash club held and on what day i may be down for some extra games this week

cha= #1

yay i got a charge char. i see exactly where you're coming from joe, i wouldn't mind seeing this char thing last 2 weeks instead of 1.

also where is mash club held and on what day i may be down for some extra games this week

smash club is @ UB student union 2nd floor on wednesday starting @ 8 or 8:30 i forget

now time to go fail my biochem test. fml.

I have no issue with extending the random assignments 2 weeks. The only thing pushing me to do one every week was getting everyone a lot of selections before the tourney. But if you feel it'd be more beneficial for two weeks, then yes we can do this. Should we stick with last week's character and delay new ones to next week, or start fresh with these new ones for two weeks?

The point system can certainly be changed, I'll see what I can do. The most successful ranbats always have extra incentives for consistency and people who constantly show up. I'd like to develop a bonus system too, but I can certainly make the points tighter.

cha cha

i like the point system that they do at denjin arcade.

i think we should stay with the chars we had last week

I think we should stay with the ones we had last week also, Gen is actually a lot more fun to play than i had previously thought. He's a beast.

ill go to smash it doesnt bother me. id rather play offline than online neways. i stll play online crazy though. ill be back at that tomo.

D'aww, that means I have to play Sagat again. I'm fine with that though. Really gives me 3 weeks to play Balrog, if we're gonna be playing the characters you posted this week for the two weeks after this week. Heh heh.

D'aww, that means I have to play Sagat again. I'm fine with that though. Really gives me 3 weeks to play Balrog, if we're gonna be playing the characters you posted this week for the two weeks after this week. Heh heh.

haha, you go back to Sagat, and I get Balrog :-p I realized I was totally playing Sagat wrong last night(when I started to read up on him) Nevertheless, good games last night and thank you for the tips.

About Smash Club: do you have to be a UB student to attend? Obviously they play SF4, do they play anything else (just out of curiosity.) That would be something I'd consider attending with anyone that goes.

Odfp, me, and maybe shinjoker will be playing tekken at Odfp's place this wed in the afternoon. If anyone wants in, just contact odfp on aim I guess for directions.

haha, you go back to Sagat, and I get Balrog :-p I realized I was totally playing Sagat wrong last night(when I started to read up on him) Nevertheless, good games last night and thank you for the tips.

About Smash Club: do you have to be a UB student to attend? Obviously they play SF4, do they play anything else (just out of curiosity.) That would be something I'd consider attending with anyone that goes.

You don't have to be a student, no. We play smash melee and brawl as well.

Back