Cervantes Combo Discussion

Hey Doc, 1BB is 52 damage at point blank. Apparently the second B counts as two attacks at once and they only both connect if you're up close, which is why all he gets is 34 damage further away.

Well of course Cervantes CAN fight without iGDR, but it removes a really useful tool from his game. Being able to consistently pull off iGDR whenever you want forces your opponent to play differently. They can no longer even attempt an attack if they aren't sure it will hit you because OOPS DID I JUST iGDR YOU FROM ALL THE WAY OVER HERE? CLUMSY ME.

Forcing your opponent into uncomfortable positions is literally step one of guaranteeing a victory.

Most consistent Wall Combo i get:

1BB 1BB 1AB JF iGDR 132 DMG

Really consistent....1AB JF Followup is the best after 1BB and 3B wallsplats..iGDR cause camera shit, 3A+B and rest whiffs....

so the one above and

3B 1BB 1AB JF iGDR 110 DMG should be standart Wall combos after 3B and 1BB.

EDIT: Also try 3B 66B 1AB JF...the 1A whiffs, but the B hits and is a glitch....

But after 1BB the first one is the best! 1BB 1BB 1AB JF iGDR, facile :p

EDIT: This game is such a SHIT. Against some chars 1BB 3B does not work, 1BB 1BB doesnt work also....this game is so random. But 3B 1BB 1AB seems to always work.

EDIT 2: Also after 3B 1BB 6B BE connects very consistent...with iDGR Combo its 130 DMG. With tech 156. Against Viola its only 113 DMG, lol. Different Hitbox.

So my favorite Combos after 3B:

3B 1BB 1AB JF iGDR 110 DMG
3B 1BB 6B BE iGDR iGDR 130 DMG

Can you guys check this for different characters? I think this is all consistent, no whiffing...but in this game you never know^^

Against ZWEI when you in front of a wall:

6A+B, CE, W!, 1BB, W!, 1AB JF, iGDR 171 DMG (100 % Meter)

6A+B, CE, W!, 1BB, W!, 8A+B DC B, iGDR 174 DMG (100 % Meter)

6A+B, CE, W!, 1BB, W!, 6B BE, BT B+K, iGDR 182 DMG (150% Meter)

6A+B, CE, W!, 1BB, W!, 6B BE, Turn Around, iGDR, iGDR 188 DMG (150% Meter)

So Zwei is also one of the chars where 1BB 1BB always hits on a wall...so 1BB 1BB 1AB JF iGDR is consistent on a wall...who wants to find all those big hitbox chars? :P

Heres a couple of combos for the iGDR impared such as myself.
3B, B2, 3B - 81 damage
44A+B, 8B+K, dash in B2, 3B - 111 Damage
44A+B, 8B+K, 8B+K, 6B BE, B+K, 4B BE - 141 damage

Here's another one, i'll update as I find any other useful ones.
WS+B, 6B BE, B+K, 3B - 91 Damage (use 4B BE ender for 105)

Nevermind, most of these can be air controlled out of...

Thought I should let you guys know... After breaking the gauge for guard, if you do 8A+B:DCB, DCB doesn't connect so I do DC K BB

For all the iGDR Haters, one better Combo with only one iGDR after 3B, but char specific:

Without iGDR you can do 65 DMG: 3B 8B+K 2A+B

With 2 iGDRs you can do 92 DMG: 3B iGDR iGDR

The new one (i think its new): 3B 44K iGDR 83 DMG

plus the last iGDR catches tech for right , leading to a lot of Damage, over 200 with 2 CEs....

BUT as always in this game small hitboxes can espace, like Omega. So only char specific...didnt test much more...some work for you guys!

With wall to opponent's back:

6A+B, CE, W!, 1B,B, W!, 3A+B, B,B,B (171~181)

hey, 3A+B is very unreliable on Walls, it different for every angle, Characters etc. I posted more reliable Combos 5 posts above you. Same starter with 6A+B.

It seems like 1AB is the Ender for Wall Combos which is the best after 3B and 1BB W!.

Okay so i have been practicing and to all the combos listed that end in 3B where opponent legs is in the air change it to 2B+K. Does more damage aka
B+G ~ 2B+K
only one i saw where this wont work is when you use 8B+K, then you have to use 3B after

I need help in executing certain moves consistently
4K, K ~ B+K
1B+K ~ G ~ B+K
any move that has opportunity with BT for B+K
is it a timing issue or what.

Also with the 28B, i was doing legendary souls mode and when i fought Cervantes it seems you can do iGDRC ~ 28B ~ tornado well. Trying to get in this move if anyone know how to input it cause right now i have only seen it off 8 A+B

Also are there any hidden moves, cause apparently i just found out we can still taunt.

hey, 3A+B is very unreliable on Walls, it different for every angle, Characters etc. I posted more reliable Combos 5 posts above you. Same starter with 6A+B.

It seems like 1AB is the Ender for Wall Combos which is the best after 3B and 1BB W!.

It works consistently in the combo I posted. The problem is when you get a point-blank wall hit using moves with bad recovery, like 1B,B. If they fly through the air a bit before hitting the wall, or if you just wall splat with 3B, 3A+B will always work.

I need help in executing certain moves consistently
4K, K ~ B+K
1B+K ~ G ~ B+K
any move that has opportunity with BT for B+K
is it a timing issue or what.

Also with the 28B, i was doing legendary souls mode and when i fought Cervantes it seems you can do iGDRC ~ 28B ~ tornado well. Trying to get in this move if anyone know how to input it cause right now i have only seen it off 8 A+B

Also are there any hidden moves, cause apparently i just found out we can still taunt.

For 4K,K, BT B+K, input B+K right before Cervy's leg touches the ground. For 1B+K,G~BT B+K, press B+K when his right foot touches down.

The old 28B followup is done by performing regular GDR or iGDR when the opponent is in the air. So if you do iGDR x3, it'll look like iGDR into iTSx2.

4KK BT B+K is removed i think
You need to cancel 1B+K a bit later to get the BT B+K

iGDR 28B is now iGDR, iGDR

4KK BT B+K and 3K Bt B+K are easier than they ever were in SC5. you can basically just spam B+K and will get it almost all the time. Also the frames are quite ok, i try to use 3K BT B+K in my game...

And for 1B+K Cancel, you just have to wait till he is considered BT and the press Guard and spam B+K. Fastest Cancel is right when his right leg just is aligned with his left lag...

Zig i will check the 3A+B Followup again after 6A+B starter...!

You can do iBT from 1B+K much faster, almost as fast as SC2 Cervy. I usually do iBT B+K or iBT cancel throw, cause you can't step throws and it encourages you to duck

Hey guys, I've been doing 3B, early iGDR, 3B as a combo, and 4B BE seems to be a forced block afterwards. Is this true? Or do I just fail at knowing when to side tech?

Has this been mentioned yet?

3B > iGDR > B2 does 83, not sure how to follow it up though, haven't found any tech traps but it does give you advantage obviously. Not as much damage as iGDR x 2 but gives better oki I guess.

For 4K,K, BT B+K, input B+K right before Cervy's leg touches the ground. For 1B+K,G~BT B+K, press B+K when his right foot touches down.

The old 28B followup is done by performing regular GDR or iGDR when the opponent is in the air. So if you do iGDR x3, it'll look like iGDR into iTSx2.
Thnx i also ant to inquire if 22 aA+B+K BE ~ B+K is possible on block. I know 3B is guarantee want to know if B+K is possible b4 turning around.

I Still need work on my iGDRC

Back