Cervantes Patch Updates

K0rN_b4LL

[14] Master
Patch v1.02
Here is the list of changes to Cervy taken from here- http://bit.ly/yPi9Dv.

4K,K (Anchor Steep Kick): opponent falls down on second attack's counter hit.
While turning B+K (Pressure Astern): lengthened opponent's freeze when hit.
3A+B (Shattering Man of War): changed to maintain distance when 2nd attack hits.
a+gA+B+K (Curse of the Ancient Mariner): decreased rise in opponent's critical guage.
Dread Charge: once B (Geo Da Ray, Shadow Flare) is buffered during Dread Charge, you cannot re-buffer to other moves except B+K (Shadow Flare).
Dread Charge B (fastest input) (Geo Da Ray Conclusion): decreased chance of clean hit.

The only thing that really looks like a problem (though not much of one I think) is the GDR canceled to SF thing, it looks like that will take away alot of failed iGDR options if I am interpreting it right.

Cervantes will be sick Top Tier now. Even more than before. He only got buffs, while Omega, Natsu etc got nerfed.

I dont use 3A+B at all, 4KK depends on whether it gives a Wallstun or not..

Also since they changed the bufferwindows in general, i think some of his combos might be a bit different. Less bufferwindow means less buffered GDR's.

I think overall very good changes, lol at the BT B+K change, was that necesarry? iGDR, 66B, BBB all already connect...but well i'll take a free 3B also.

thank you KOrn_b4LL for contributing. From now on, every patch update involving Cervy will be placed here and the first post will get updated with the patch number version.

Also KOrn_b4LL I just did a small edit to your post; just added Patch v1.02 to your post.

thank you K0rN_b4LL for contributing. From now on, every patch update involving Cervy will be placed here and the first post will get updated with the patch number version.

Also K0rN_b4LL I just did a small edit to your post; just added Patch v1.02 to your post.

Thats cool, Cervantes is actually my third character so I don't spend as much time in this section as Asta and Ivy but I didn't see a thread for this yet so I thought I'd put one up.

I didn't think Cervantes needed any buffs, but I'm sure we'll gladly take them. I'm curious on 4K,K new stun property; will it wallsplat or ring out like the old days? Because that would be just awesome.

lol at these patch notes.

bt b+k has a longer stun? lol ty?
a+gA+B+K less bar for my opponent? lol ty?
igdr decreased chance of clean hit. DAMMMMMMMMMMMM :(
3A+B move was useless anyways!

there will be no wandwagon because you still need to perform igdr. maybe easier now but execution is still needed.

sow out...

I'm fine with this. The more Cervantes, the better!
No, it's not, cause 90% of the people who post in this thread have been playing him for years and like the character. We played all the versions of him because we liked him, not because this is his best version and he's top tier. So no, it's totally not cool

Would I count as a bandwagoner if I came back and just forced myself to grind out iGDR practice 100 times a day? Raph may be worse off after this, I'm not sure yet.

God I am gonna rage so hard when I miss that iGDR combo in a close match. =(

So it has to be in T.O. tournies now? alas there was a time when I almost won a match but because of a messed up iGDR input follow-up after my iGDR setup, it gave my opponent a fighting chance; I would've won if the second iGDR connects so I can easily finish off with 2B+K.

Let's just say I empathize you when you feel it was the right moment to iGDR in a tight situation but failed.

And I was never at the tournies because it's always held on weekends, family business which I wouldn't disclose any further let's keep it at that.

And Cervantes bandwagon will start in 5......4.......3.....2........1

Sheeeet. The bandwagon started on day one. Now it's going to be even worse no doubt. I mained Cerv from SC1-3 and this almost makes me want to come back to his warm, loving, now human, pirate arms.

So then patch is already online in EU, but only on PSN. This infos come from 2ndFace, a german player:

BT B+K still guarantees BBB, iGDR and 66B, everything afterwards is shakeable, lol. So completely useless change.

4KK is KND and RO on ch. But this move is still meh imo. It gives wallsplats with guaranteed 3b etc afterwards but hitting something like this on CH on a wall...hmm.

Back