Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

I don't know if any of you who watched the recent Rise of the Guardians movie noticed, but :

cervantes2.jpg
rise31.jpg

Cervantes IS SANTA CLAUS AFTER ALL!!!!!!

Does :4::4::A: tech crouch?

Pretty sure it doesn't. It does look like hes' gonna duck down and do 22A though, which is a mixup that works really well against Ring edge.

Is there a better meterless ending for 3B 8B+K iGDR aB to end the round. aB gets hit quite badly by guts.

Pretty sure it doesn't. It does look like hes' gonna duck down and do 22A though, which is a mixup that works really well against Ring edge.

Is there a better meterless ending for 3B 8B+K iGDR aB to end the round. aB gets hit quite badly by guts.
3B, iGDR, iGDR

aB gets hit quite badly by guts.
That move got patched, didn't it? Otherwise guts should only take off 5 damage. The patch must have hurt it.

Is his :CE: guaranteed if you catch Nightmare or Siegfried in a Side Hold and pull it out quick enough? And are there other stances you can shoot people out of for free?

Oh ok, I realise now that he meant 3b, iGDR, iGDR is a combo, which I knew. I was asking if 3B 8B+K iGDR had a different ender other than CE/aB, which it doesn't.

My question seems to have been lost in that last exchange. How many stances can you :CE: people out of with Cervantes? Is it a guaranteed hit?

My question seems to have been lost in that last exchange. How many stances can you :CE: people out of with Cervantes? Is it a guaranteed hit?

Depends on the move used before the transition. Some may grant too much on + to stop, whereas some others aren't safe enough. Some I can think of are that are punishable regardless
NM 3{B}, 6{B}
Sieg 3{B}, FC 3{B}, 4[A], 6[A]

Back