DARK SOULS 2- Praise the sun

You can get it from the merchant in Drangleic Castle I think on NG+
gotta be NG++ or higher then because i used an ascetic to reset the throne of want for the other 2 throne weapons and to get an extra nashandra soul (she's got 3 weapons, what the shit?!). i wonder if i can use another ascetic in the castle even though i haven't beaten the dual-dragonriders and mirror knight.

no WoG on NG++. so you can use another ascetic if you haven't beaten the dragonriders, but have killed nashandra. so now i'm waiting on the credits to see if WoG is available on NG+++

i don't think ascetics affect a merchant's items. because i used 3 ascetics (NG+++) here and he hasn't shown WoG. also it still showed that he had 0 great magic barriers for sell each time too. so i guess you actually have to make it NG+++ legitimately to get it. oh well.

Last edited:
dual-wielding maces atm, just using the plain mace in my left and mace of the insolent in my right. pretty cool moveset, no i just gotta get used to it.

There's a crossbow that fires three bolts at a time....

Dual wield that sucker...

Meanwhile, I wondering if its possible to get another Pursuer soul without going to new game plus? I kinda want his great shield since I can't find a nice round shield yet (Mirrah shield, where are you?)

BTW, I finished off the Old Iron King. Took me a couple tries. I did not expect his attacks to go through walls.

There's a crossbow that fires three bolts at a time....

Dual wield that sucker...

Meanwhile, I wondering if its possible to get another Pursuer soul without going to new game plus? I kinda want his great shield since I can't find a nice round shield yet (Mirrah shield, where are you?)

BTW, I finished off the Old Iron King. Took me a couple tries. I did not expect his attacks to go through walls.
that'd be hot! use bonfire ascetics

(Mirrah shield, where are you?)

Earthern Peak.

On the floor with the crossbow trap, there's an iron gate, go through it and head right, you'll come to a little corridor with a switch and, further round, a huge wooden floor and some stairs. Well, the switch raises the floor to reveal a soul item, but if you pull the switch then run ONTO the lift, it takes you up to the Mirrah shield.

Also, my partner, who is a bit casual, took out 3 of the 5 Bellbro's who invaded him last night. One guy was using a Poison Ultra sword and had the butterfly wings, and backing him up was some mage dude.
Joe, as I like to call him, being his name, managed to Dark Fog them when they were on the ladder, and then they sucked at dodging Dark Orb I guess.

I was so proud.

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why are Twinblades so useless..?

Slow and unsafe.
Low damage even from the best.
Very short range, and even less damage if you're not kissing them.
Trades give you minuscule damage.
Huge stamina cost.
High stat requirements.
Terrible 2-handed rolling attack, terrible everything else 1-handed.

The 2-handed heavy attack is the only way to safely get decent damage, but it's even slower and the second hit hits twice, costing so much stamina that you can't roll for a significantly long time afterwards.

I'm doing the best I can with them, and it's early days... Unless Dragonrider gets much better with a Magic infuse and/or Crystal Magic Weapon, I can't see this being viable, and even then it'll be tough with those terrible trades and that rolling attack... Gah... ... ...

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why are Twinblades so useless..?

Slow and unsafe.
Low damage even from the best.
Very short range, and even less damage if you're not kissing them.
Trades give you minuscule damage.
Huge stamina cost.
High stat requirements.
Terrible 2-handed rolling attack, terrible everything else 1-handed.

The 2-handed heavy attack is the only way to safely get decent damage, but it's even slower and the second hit hits twice, costing so much stamina that you can't roll for a significantly long time afterwards.

I'm doing the best I can with them, and it's early days... Unless Dragonrider gets much better with a Magic infuse and/or Crystal Magic Weapon, I can't see this being viable, and even then it'll be tough with those terrible trades and that rolling attack... Gah... ... ...

Step 1: Take Twinblade to McDuff
Step 2: Infuse poison onto Twinblade
Step 3: Two hand that shit
Step 4: Watch how fast your opponent gets poisoned
Step 5: Switch to a higher damage weapon and stick to your opponent so they don't have time to heal

This is pretty much the only use for twinblades I've found, but it works REALLY well in PvP. PvE though....yeah just don't use a Twinblade.

I don't have very often to play so I am very ssslloooooowwwwwllllllyyyyyy making my way to the third primal bonfire. Just got to the smelter demon. Is poison infusing any good at all?

Step 1: Take Twinblade to McDuff
Step 2: Infuse poison onto Twinblade
Step 3: Two hand that shit
Step 4: Watch how fast your opponent gets poisoned
Step 5: Switch to a higher damage weapon and stick to your opponent so they don't have time to heal

This is pretty much the only use for twinblades I've found, but it works REALLY well in PvP. PvE though....yeah just don't use a Twinblade.
Dual Dagger is better and safer at poisoning and if you're going to have "a higher damage weapon" on the side, they're lighter too.

I don't do that though... This is a Twinblade character. It will work.

Holy shit. I put some trance on...
Mowed through No Man's and bought Magic Weapon and moved him to Majula,
Mowed through Lost Bastille for another Soul Vessel,
Mowed through Iron Keep and got the Dull Ember,
Got a Faintstone from Silkysmooth.

Feels like I did it all in the space of 20 seconds... best feeling.
Sprinting through everything to trance music is actually damn fun.

And now it's doing almost triple the damage.
So yeah, Magic Dragonrider Twinblade + Magic Weapon bloody works. Still unsafe but the damage is there and can only get better from here with Great/Crystal.

Last edited:
good thing I found the real dragon's soul before I decided to NG+
Also, wtf is up with Vendrick? Can you fight him in NG? I finally fought him in NG+ and was doing good. Then I died and came back to find I did no damage. Surely I didn't lose my boss souls?

It is available on NG++ but it has to legitimately be NG++. Bonfire Ascetics don't work.

other stuff
Step 1: Go to doors of Pharros and get Santier's Spear
Step 2: Break Santier's Spear
Step 3: Go to McDuff and infuse with Mundane
Step 4: Change all stats to 20+
Step 5: own everything with a twin blade that does 200 damage per hit and 800 with just the first R1
even more stuff
Your damage output on Vendrick is based on how many Soul of a Giants you have capping out at 5.

Earthern Peak.

On the floor with the crossbow trap, there's an iron gate, go through it and head right, you'll come to a little corridor with a switch and, further round, a huge wooden floor and some stairs. Well, the switch raises the floor to reveal a soul item, but if you pull the switch then run ONTO the lift, it takes you up to the Mirrah shield.

Cool, thanks.

Step 1: Go to doors of Pharros and get Santier's Spear
Step 2: Break Santier's Spear
Step 3: Go to McDuff and infuse with Mundane
Step 4: Change all stats to 20+
Step 5: own everything with a twin blade that does 200 damage per hit and 800 with just the first R1
Interesting... I must've found this weapon before and ignored it. I'll give it a look, but I'm liking Magic Dragonrider just fine. It's doing those kinds of numbers already with Magic Weapon and she's only level 90 or so, though the infinite durability sounds great right now.

Back