Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

I've never played a DoA game, but the F2P thing is enough that I'll give it a go. Not much of a community for it (or for anything besides marvel vs crapcom) out where I live, though.

I hope we can buy Momoji's military outfit costume as DLC! (Or free) lol but people in NInja Gaiden razor's edge always ask me how I got the costume, and it was from the pre-order bonus.

Hopefully Momiji's "Hot Police" is one of her standard outfits, but I'd get it if it was DLC too. I missed the pre-order so I never got it >.< in NG3: Razor's Edge. At least Ayane's Infiltrator is in! =D

(Thanks for posting Windstar!)

9jj79xo.jpg

I can't wait to create my kickass Ayane & Momiji tag team! xD

With the way how the F2P is set up, at least we'll get more players online and hopefully some of these players would take the time to learn someone like Ayane as opposed to spamming her gimmicks -_-.

Quick question - how hard is the overall execution in DoA 5? Are there a lot of tight links? Are combos "chained"? Is there a nice comfy buffering system like in soul calibur?

Is it reasonable for a decent fighting game player to sit down and perform a "tournament-level" combo in one training session?

i hope that they add online coop this time since tag was getting really popular. I think the new character is gonna be another chinese character? (grasping straws since i ain't got nothing better to do) i really don't think it's Tengu though. (or rather, I hope it's not because he just seemed to be a waste of a character. hell, Sparta would seem a much better choice than Tengu in my opinion.) but the game is fun. i should get back into it. i haven't played DOA5 in a good while because i'm enjoying League of Legends because it's much more active. i tried DOA not too long ago and I feel i completely went back to the skill level of picking up the game for the first time. in other words, I'm really out of practice.

Quick question - how hard is the overall execution in DoA 5? Are there a lot of tight links? Are combos "chained"? Is there a nice comfy buffering system like in soul calibur?

Is it reasonable for a decent fighting game player to sit down and perform a "tournament-level" combo in one training session?
Outside of a few throws/holds from a few characters everything in DOA is relatively easy. I can't speak for the VF guests as I don't play any of them. I know Sarah has a just frame and I think Akira does too.

The buffering system isn't as lenient as it used to be but shouldn't pose any problems after a hour of practice.

"tournament-level" combos are very easy as well. Assuming you figure out how to use the stun system properly in one training session.

Outside of a few throws/holds from a few characters everything in DOA is relatively easy. I can't speak for the VF guests as I don't play any of them. I know Sarah has a just frame and I think Akira does too.

The buffering system isn't as lenient as it used to be but shouldn't pose any problems after a hour of practice.

"tournament-level" combos are very easy as well. Assuming you figure out how to use the stun system properly in one training session.

Cool. Thanks!

I'm a poor, broke-ass nig-nog until I graduate, but I'll check out the demo/F2P when it comes out.

@ Mr. Wah: I live in Colorado Springs.

If I interpret the news correctly it means that DLC i bought will be carried over to the new version? This is good news, since I actually paid for a few of the overpriced costume packs. A fool and his money and all that, but I really didn't want to have that money wasted if I decided to get the new version.
The free to play is interesting, hopefully they'll do it worldwide and for Xbox also, it might bring in more players. I just hope they also overhaul the netcode, it could do with some improvement.

Honestly, I still have trouble doing 46 motions in DOA5. The most complex motions in DOA5, however, are the throws. Everything else has pretty lax timing, though the game's own buffering system is pretty hit-or-miss. Things like Akira's SPoD are easier to do in DOA5, yet his 46P+K is harder than in VF5.

Maybe they'll fix it for Ultimate, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Naturally I can't wait for the super ultimate arcade version of the disc to come out. Honestly I'm more interested about the changes for Lei-Fang (if there is any) and the 15th female character (most likely a VF female).

I'm rather shocked that no one noticed that Momiji is using Hayabusa's 6P+K in the Ayane screen, or that Hayabusa's stance transitions have moved to an H+P+K input (ala VF5 FS).

Or the new Critical Burst effect.

I'm rather shocked that no one noticed that Momiji is using Hayabusa's 6P+K in the Ayane screen, or that Hayabusa's stance transitions have moved to an H+P+K input (ala VF5 FS).

that's because we've all seen that. so there's no fun in talking about what we already saw. the fun part is talking about what "may" come. we'll save the detailed and examining talk until we find out what the game has to offer. at least that's what i think it is.

I was too busy gawking at Ayane's outfit to notice, but yeah, Momiji will likely have shared moves with Hayabusa. I mean, Ryu did train Momiji right?

Actually that HPK is just tag. The screen is from Kasumi's tag combo training

Reactions: d3v
that's because we've all seen that. so there's no fun in talking about what we already saw. the fun part is talking about what "may" come. we'll save the detailed and examining talk until we find out what the game has to offer. at least that's what i think it is.
WORD!

Back