Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by UNDERX, Sep 14, 2011.

1. UNDERX

UNDERX [07] Duelist

I need to stop smoking so much weed....

DrakeAldan likes this.
  2. Rikuto

Rikuto [10] Knight

Guide to being successful at 3.1/5 alpha.

Step 1. Get opponent to wall.

Step 2. Laugh

Mr.Wah and Reave like this.
  3. Mr.Wah

Mr.Wah [10] Knight

Yup. I see no fault in your tutorial.

4. Xianghuafan85

Xianghuafan85 [06] Combatant

I must get this game

5. NinjaCW

NinjaCW [09] Warrior

From the demo Hayabusa has really good instant launch options that can lead to damage. His launchers are much faster that lead to that damage anyway.

The wall needs to stay the way it is honestly in a game like DoA where the holds can be used at anytime. If you have a tool that can be used to stop momentum at 90% of the time you need ways to get damage that doesn't lean towards it. So far the holds do very low damage unless it's an advanced counter and at the least CH or HCH.

For the time being they have taken out ground bounce combos so not sure if they will put that back in the game or not. After wall splats you can get a small wall combo btw. Hitomi gets p,p,p and I think busa gets his air throw which all tack on decent damage for post combo.

The thing I noticed the most is that everything doesn't stun and you can actually slow escape most of the stuns forcing people to fully commit to extending mini stuns. The thing now is that there are moves that leave the opponent in a pure guessing situation of take small launch for minimal damage or get thrown for massive damage.

6. SolidSonic

SolidSonic [09] Warrior

I'm not sure how appropriate it is but I'd like a "perfect" stun state added that can guarantee the next hit at least for the first couple of frames (it'd be a very small window but a window where you can attack completely unopposed). Can't do anything huge in it but they would be unable to execute a counter after being put into the state.

There ought to be an opportunity for guaranteed combos, even if they're few and far between.

7. UNDERX

UNDERX [07] Duelist

8. jtdam09

jtdam09 [12] Conqueror

9. UNDERX

UNDERX [07] Duelist

10. MGirard

MGirard [05] Battler

11. Reave

Reave [13] Hero

Come on Brad!!! Im really trying to see if im going to like this game or not.

12. JAGTHEGEMINI

JAGTHEGEMINI [10] Knight

13. UNDERX

UNDERX [07] Duelist

CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

KaiBro and JAGTHEGEMINI like this.
  14. JAGTHEGEMINI

JAGTHEGEMINI [10] Knight

Yeah, the old "DOA3-fan" in me is a little hyped as well. ^^

• Premium Supporter

Talim JP Talim practitioner

PSN:
    TalimJP
    XBL:
    Talim JP
    Lei Fang had her Bday 4/23 so I can only hope...

jtdam09 likes this.
  15. jtdam09

jtdam09 [12] Conqueror

GASP!! It was her birthday. What was I doing?

16. Pocky-Yoshi

Pocky-Yoshi [14] Master

Oh Kokoro, please show yourself......what? Pocky Yoshi wants to see her. >.<;

KaiBro likes this.
  17. KnightWarrior

KnightWarrior [10] Knight

Why did they decide to put this on the PS3?? The last DOA Game on a Sony Platform is DOA2 Hardcore for the PS2...

Tomonobu Itagaki only made it for the Xbox & the 360

18. KaiBro

KaiBro [08] Mercenary

PSN:
    iFly4Pocky
    Is it bad to have it on different consoles?

19. MGirard

MGirard [05] Battler

The last DoA game on a Sony platform was Dead or Alive Paradise for PSP and since DoA has been on other platforms beside Xbox is it really that big of a deal.

Pocky-Yoshi, Ghengis_John and KaiBro like this.