[Dec 3, 2011] North East Championships XII (Philadelphia, PA)

Daishi Top Player Challenges will be taking place on both Saturday and Sunday night, so the French will get their chance...

If we don't do the 3v3 Team Tournament, that means the SC4 Singles Tournament will be over a lot sooner, and we can do the French VS USA 6v6 on Saturday night.

This is what I want to do, knock out singles and then do the 6 on 6 afterward on Saturday. If people want to do 3 on 3 teams, it can be done after the conclusion of those two events, but those two should be the priority on Saturday before teams since teams takes up more time.

Okay, this is looking to be the tentative schedule... Soulcalibur 4 Singles is set to start SINGUPS at 1PM on Saturday... the tournament begins at 2PM... MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON TIME! Not every match will be streamed.

SATURDAY:
10am: Stream Start - Setup​
11am: Tekken Tag 2 Exhibition​
12pm: Soulcalibur V Exhibition​
2pm: Tekken 6 Singles​
3pm: King of Fighters XIII Singles​
5pm: Tekken Tag 2 Singles​
7pm: Soulcalibur IV Singles​
9pm: Soulcalibur IV 6v6 Feature: America vs France​
10pm: Soulcalibur V Exhibition​
11pm: Daishi-Odashima Challenge​
12am: After-Hours from Jaxel's hotel room...​

SUNDAY
12pm: Stream Start - Setup​
1pm: Tekken 6 top 4​
2pm: Soulcalibur IV top 4​
3pm: Tekken Tag 2 top 4​
4pm: King of Fighters XIII top 4​
5pm: Tekken Tag 2 Exhibition​
6pm: Soulcalibur IV/V Exhibition​
10pm: Stream Ends​

Throughout the event, Namco, will be running contests for stream monsters through Twitter @Daishi_CALIBUR. The Soulcalibur IV/V Exhibition on Sunday will also feature noteworthy money matches: FT5 ONLY to save on time constraints; minimum $50 challenges if you want to be streamed. Bibulus also wants to interview Daishi and Namco; which will probably be streamed live during the times between top 4s on Sunday.

Remember: Jaxel and Malice decided everyone who was planning to compete in SCIV now value the SCV beta more, so you should all stop practicing SCIV immediately and treat the tourney casually too. Also, make sure you beat Daishi in the SCV demo as if you already know it inside out.

Remember: Jaxel and Malice decided everyone who was planning to compete in SCIV now value the SCV beta more, so you should all stop practicing SCIV immediately and treat the tourney casually too. Also, make sure you beat Daishi in the SCV demo as if you already know it inside out.
"Oh look at me! I need attention! So I'm going to complain about everything"

Historically, no one has really cared about the team tournament for SC4. We just always did it because its just something we always did. The team tournament takes a lot of time because we spend a lot of minutes waiting for players to show up. In general its a clusterfuck to run and it means nothing. We still have the SC4 singles tournament, the even that REALLY matters. Plus we have 2 straight days of FOUR open SC5 machines. So stop complaining for no reason.

Sorry guys, it looks like I waited too long to get a plane ticket. They're too expensive now. Hopefully I can get some last minute deal, but other than that, looks like I'm not going to NEC.

Jaxel I"m confused, you said SC 4 signups are at 1, SC 4 singles are 2, and then posted a schedule that shows SC 4 singles at 7 and Tekken singles at 2

Edit: oh snap, we're going to have 4 consoles running SC V? All weekend? As in, even when the SC IV tourney is going on, we'll still have 4 consoles running and dedicated to casual SC V? Or did I read too much into that.

Because if we had 4 SC V consoles running around the clock saturday and sunday, that'd give all of us some serious time to play even if we had a 2 or 3 matches and you're off, win or lose rule

The team tournament is actually my favorite part of the tournaments but I know lots of people don't care either way.

No matter what... the first Soulcalibur IV tournament will start at 2PM... whether that is singles, or teams... has yet to be determined.

If we *do* end up doing teams, anybody want me on their team? I always end up teaming with one of the same 4 or 5 people, it'd be nice to mix things up a bit.

That's sort of what I was talking about, though. Every team tournament I'm always paired up with some combination of you, Malice, zack or JJJ. Just for a change of pace it'd be neat to partner up with somebody outside of the Philly scene

Where did the hype go?...
As for me, I just found out that the N-fanboy is way stronger than my Soul, lol, too much Zelda and Mario lately. Anyway, I still gonna be there and I'm gonna play as much as I can the next weekm, I'm gonna be in Raleigh, but without access to a PS3... Anyway, I'm gonna try to make it on friday to warm up.

Hope everything turns out good for you RTD, I'm gonna need a double tequila to compensate your advises during the NA vs Europe challenge.

Mick, you still in right?

Also, get DK in the team, the french dreams crasher.

That's sort of what I was talking about, though. Every team tournament I'm always paired up with some combination of you, Malice, zack or JJJ. Just for a change of pace it'd be neat to partner up with somebody outside of the Philly scene

yeah i know. thats why i support the idea of randomized teammates from whoever mentioned it earlier in this thread.

I am still interested in seeing how team NA pans out, but I don't think I have $500 worth of confidence since RTD isn't there to anchor (i have a lot of faith in that man's ability to clutch out) and we are scrambling to fill the roster with possibly players I don't know.

Regardless, it will be hype, I may be willing to make a smaller wager with Malek once I see how our team is doing in non-sandbagging casuals :)

Trust me lolo i plan on making DK on Team NA. There is nobody they can throw at our team to win! Plus Dashi is going DOWN in SCV! Looks like im gonna have to step it up... Great... i really didnt wanna have to do this to the french...

Back