Defecting SC players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too would think it's best that Soul Calibur would be better off with a new company. I mean who knows, maybe Namco will start supporting Soul Calibur now that TTT2 is out of the way? I sure hope so. I like both Tekken and Soul Calibur and even though I played Tekken before Soul Calibur, I like Soul Calibur slightly better.

I can't explain it really. The characters, the setting, etc. I just felt more attached with SC then Tekken though I am a fan of both at the end of the day. That's why it saddens me how SC's quality dropped when SCIV was released. SCIII in terms of modes/content was the best in my opinion. So when you think that maybe IV and possibly V would add even more content, you can only imagine how disappointed some people can be. Yeah that's too bad for us but I just hope they don't make this a habit in SCVI if there is one which I'm sure there will be.

So yeah, I really hope that Namco will put more effort into SC now otherwise, they might as well sell off SC to another company who will appreciate the game more. Tekken will always be popular so they have nothing to lose lol.

I too would think it's best that Soul Calibur would be better off with a new company. I mean who knows, maybe Namco will start supporting Soul Calibur now that TTT2 is out of the way? I sure hope so. I like both Tekken and Soul Calibur and even though I played Tekken before Soul Calibur, I like Soul Calibur slightly better.

I can't explain it really. The characters, the setting, etc. I just felt more attached with SC then Tekken though I am a fan of both at the end of the day. That's why it saddens me how SC's quality dropped when SCIV was released. SCIII in terms of modes/content was the best in my opinion. So when you think that maybe IV and possibly V would add even more content, you can only imagine how disappointed some people can be. Yeah that's too bad for us but I just hope they don't make this a habit in SCVI if there is one which I'm sure there will be.

So yeah, I really hope that Namco will put more effort into SC now otherwise, they might as well sell off SC to another company who will appreciate the game more. Tekken will always be popular so they have nothing to lose lol.
Well, let's hope for all our sakes that TTT2 sales and Namco's judgment will look to help SC. We need a SCVI to get the series back on track with more effort, quality, the works.

I'd rather they didn't sell it to another company. I can't think of any other that would do it justice. Capcom? TN? NRS? None of those are on the level of Namco imo. Namco just needs to give it the love they did back when the series was young. Or they just need to retire it and start a new series with the same engine.

I'd rather they didn't sell it to another company. I can't think of any other that would do it justice. Capcom? TN? NRS? None of those are on the level of Namco imo. Namco just needs to give it the love they did back when the series was young. Or they just need to retire it and start a new series with the same engine.
These are the most logical choices and the ones I approve off. I'd never want Capcom to get there hands on my favorite fighting game franchise. It would be full of infinites...

These are the most logical choices and the ones I approve off. I'd never want Capcom to get there hands on my favorite fighting game franchise. It would be full of infinites...
Don't forget....disc locked content! And crapcom would kill the franchise lol I think they would make this game turn 2D or something.

Or they just need to retire it and start a new series with the same engine.
Ha, good luck with that one.

I'd rather they didn't sell it to another company. I can't think of any other that would do it justice. Capcom? TN? NRS? None of those are on the level of Namco imo.
Well, if Namco's level is high, SC sure doesn't prove it right. At least not now. Tekken maybe, but that's because that is their current cash cow.

I wouldn't bank on Namco focusing on Calibur, just because of the release of TTT2. Tekken 7 has been confirmed that it will be made- and Tekken X Street Fighter is also being developed.
Yep, seems SC is going to be on hiatus for a while.

If only they would sell SC to Atlus, the would make such a great game...
you are aware that atlus hasnt actually develope a fighting gamer, rather they have only published them, right? kof was developed by snk playmore and persona 4 arena was developed by arc system works. i dont think the franchise needs to be sold unless namco really wants to. id rather them hold onto it. this game IS good, it just rubbed some people the wrong way, which is fine. however, it didnt reach out to enough new players. there's a lot to blame for that.

1. poor promotion. overall, other than the world championship and mlg, this game hasnt gotten much promotion. i feel like the only people who really went out to get this game were people who already were fans of the series. much more could have been done, both internally and externally. the game could have had more advertisements ran for it, had more coverage online, been pushed harder by namco, but in the end, the game got decent reviews but poor sales. also, the community could also help promote this game more by trying to gather more interest in it. however, that's asking a lot coming up to my next point.

2. the community is small. coming form the post-sf4 era, i realize that a lot of people don't want to play a game if they community is small. while i can understand that people would rather play games that have more tournaments available, this causes a HUGE problem to those smaller communities. they STAY small because of that. a lot of times i hear people say "i like this game but nobody plays it so what's the point". if we were more active and had a stronger presence, i bet that we could possibly attract new players.

3. it gets shoved under that "not capcom" category. a lot of people just straight up dont give a fuck about any fighting game that is not put out by capcom. it's the sad truth.

those are just some ideas. i really have high hopes for this game and hope the community somehow can get revitalized, whether it be on this entry or not.

1. poor promotion.

2. the community is small.

The game was very popular at release, many players, new & old, great reviews and significant exposure via youtube. Then the playerbase dwindled down to what it is now. It's the game, not the promotion.
Although I'm sure a SF4 type marketing campaign would have brought more players, but that is not realistic nor would it change much. Look at SFxT, Capcom heavily promoted that, but at the end, it's all about the game (plus the DLC fiasco)

Why Atlus?
Atlus not as a developer but as a publisher is the company that provides the best support, best promotion and total freedom to take all the time needed. I didn't like Atlus in the PS2 era, but this time is really doing things right and I feel that if namco retains the IP the future is not very bright.

But to make things worse.... Namco doesn't seem to care more for SC than Tekken and it seems like they are not putting much effort:

1) From SC3 to SC5 there were no arcade-first release.

2) These games were rushed and it seems as though Namco is treating SC like a budget title.

3) During one of the interviews in SC5, Harrada even promotes Tekken as more balanced than SC.

4) They troll us with DLC costumes, DLC characters that are already in the game, music pack which you have to purchase again for each iteration.

As for the community being small I'm not sure about SC2 since I hear a lot of good things about it. All I know is that after SC2 the series started going downhill.

Also it's already been a couple of years now from SC3 to SC5 and I don't think I see Namco putting their act together and stepping up their game when it comes to SC now-a-days so I think the transfer to another company is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back