Game of Thrones Discussion Thread (Books and Show)

Strong Belwas is a supah obese dude that passed most of his life as a slave and got banana and nuts cut before we even see him. Is not what you will call a lucky guy :D

Victarion is a good call.
BUT.
Do your pirate shit in full plate armor because you don't fear drowning, In GRRM universe?
He's not alive for badassery, is just that George have not think a lulz enough way to drown him. It's matter of WHEN :D

Even so, he lets everyone cut him once and has never lost. Doesn't even die of an infected booboo. Bigger balls than Drogo in that regard :P

I reckon Victarion will still leave through being drowned. He's magic like that.

Also, Thoros of Myr. Trolliest priest ever.

Am I the only one here who loved Tywin? Like a medieval Frank Underwood.

Nah Tywin was great. Very much a medieval Underwood yeah.

Alright, I know it's been 3 day already, but this has literally ruined my whole summer. And I'm really angry at Lena Headey for posting that stone heart picture. She claims she was drunk and thought it was pretty and the caption was witty and she was ignorant to the character. Bitch, we all fucking know you weren't ignorant. That was literally a kick to the balls after all is said an done. And then, please, D&D, give me one legit reason as to why you would ruin and omit the best mindfuck of a cliffhanger of all time on God's green earth. Now I don't even want to talk to any show watcher about GoT because they'll talk about how awesome the finale was and I'll be sitting there like stfu that finale was shit. They ruined the whole thing for me. By not including Stoneheart, they literally did the equivalent of tying me up and then setting me on fire. Can't wait for Cersei's next witty instagram picture. Maybe it'll be her pricking Kit Harrington with several tooth picks! Maybe she'll even put a mask over Maisie Williams face. Can it be September so I can go to school and forget this evil fucking slight? I'll probably drown in my own salty tears first. I think this is the only way to describe how I feel. Salt. Salty and butthurt. You got us D&D and Lena. You got us. You got us all.
/rant

GIVE ME STONEHEART OR GIVE ME DEATH.

stop it. They'll bring Stoneheart when they're good and ready. Was I expecting stone heart to appear at the end of this season? yes. but I'm not crying about it. I came to trust the judgement of the writers of this show. They have a clear direction on where they want to go with this show and they're not leaving me empty handed. I'm interested in the new twists they gave and am invested to say the least.

omit the best mindfuck of all time on God's green earth.

Sounds to me like the mindfuck was quite successful; in fact it seems like the hardest hardcore fans (books+series) are the most pissed/lost/confused. They've managed to take what was (to fans of the book) a predictable, sometimes aberrant but still reaffirming path they were on, and now those who "knew" where it was going are just as wtf as everyone else, though for different reasons.

So now the Lady Stoneheart mindfuck is everyone's to share, cause who the fuck knows when/where/if it will even happen....Brilliant!

I like GoT because it's all about taking a giant dump on viewer expectations/existing conventions....and it works on so many levels.

stop it. They'll bring Stoneheart when they're good and ready. Was I expecting stone heart to appear at the end of this season? yes. but I'm not crying about it. I came to trust the judgement of the writers of this show. They have a clear direction on where they want to go with this show and they're not leaving me empty handed. I'm interested in the new twists they gave and am invested to say the least.
It's not like there's much to talk about. If I want to cry about the show's changes, which is the the only thing happening for ASOIAF right now, I will. But I've already vented my frustration, so I'm done.

Sorry. I've been on edge lately.

Sounds to me like the mindfuck was quite successful; in fact it seems like the hardest hardcore fans (books+series) are the most pissed/lost/confused. They've managed to take what was (to fans of the book) a predictable, sometimes aberrant but still reaffirming path they were on, and now those who "knew" where it was going are just as wtf as everyone else, though for different reasons.

So now the Lady Stoneheart mindfuck is everyone's to share, cause who the fuck knows when/where/if it will even happen....Brilliant!

I like GoT because it's all about taking a giant dump on viewer expectations/existing conventions....and it works on so many levels.
I meant a mindfuck for the show watchers, not another mindfuck for the book readers who've already been mindfucked a copious amount of times.

To start a slightly optimistic topic, how do you guys think they'll integrate Lady Stoneheart next season? I'm guessing in the first couple of episodes with Merrett. Or maybe they'll skip him and go straight to jerk Stoneheart where she hangs Brienne.

Last edited:
It'll be the episode one end-hook most likely. So people might think "Yeah new season new changes, bit slow getting used to these new storylines though, eh my interest levels are fluctua EXCUSE ME WHOM IS HOW IS HUH?"

Possibly.

I'm curious if they'll skip Thoros explaining how stoneheart came to be and just show how she came to be.
Basically a scene where Thoros and Dondarrion (is that how you spell his name?) coming across her body, Thoros saying she's too far gone and Dondarrion breathing his "fire" into her. he dies, and she wakes up. cut to credits.

also @Ninjaguy446, I get it. But it's not just you. it's like every book reader I talk to seem to bitch about three things: no Stoneheart, no coldhands, ane wtf was up with craster's babys becoming white walkers?!?!?!?! it gets tiring to always hear the same thing from different people.

I'm curious if they'll skip Thoros explaining how stoneheart came to be and just show how she came to be.
Basically a scene where Thoros and Dondarrion (is that how you spell his name?) coming across her body, Thoros saying she's too far gone and Dondarrion breathing his "fire" into her. he dies, and she wakes up. cut to credits.

also @Ninjaguy446, I get it. But it's not just you. it's like every book reader I talk to seem to bitch about three things: no Stoneheart, no coldhands, ane wtf was up with craster's babys becoming white walkers?!?!?!?! it gets tiring to always hear the same thing from different people.
Actually, that sounds like an amazing way to introduce her lol. Probably the best way possible since they might skip Merrett. I can see it now, as she opens her eyes and then the credits roll. I just would like them to do something to make people believe that Stoneheart is good and someone we should root for.

Eh, I'm over it now. I realized you're right and that hopefully D&D won't disappoint. I don't really care about Coldhands (for some reason I completely forgot about him when he first met Sam. Had to look him up when I started Dance because I had no idea who he was) or the White Walker spoiler much.

LOL I just realized that Jojen died because Coldhands wasn't there to protect them. Haha. Ha. Ha.. :( it's too bad this probably means Jojen paste isn't true. For once, I thought that a theory was actually correct. I only have the Sansa one to believe in that I posted a while back.

EDIT: Actually, this might back up the Jojen Paste theory because in both, I mean, he's still dead.

Not sure on the show basically confirming that book Jojen is dead/going to die soon. You spend more time with him in the books than the show, so it seems odd to me that the show would then give you something the books didn't. Scenes like the Walker babies are fine because that's a much more general thing, but specific character plots, maybe trim them back a bit. I dunno, it's a weird feeling and mostly I'm just bias :P

Even so, he lets everyone cut him once and has never lost. Doesn't even die of an infected booboo. Bigger balls than Drogo in that regard :P
Wich balls? :D

Belwas is undefeat-shit-on-enemy-corpse gladiator, BUT NOT before be balls chopped
Gray Worm is the best of the most elite army, BUT NOT before be balls chopped
Varys is one of the most wise, smart and skilled players in the GOT universe, BUT NOT before be balls chopped

GRRM don't allow you to be Alpha, male and keep your balls :D

Then we have the exception

Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish fucking everyone with awesomeness, sluts and tricks... BUT NOT before be metaphorically balls chopped by Brandon Stark*, who bitchslapped Petyr into Beta world forever.
IF at some point he will finally reach that #1 top dog it will still do it by passive-aggressive non-confrontantional "fuck them" mindfuck guerrilla.
The awesome thing about Littlefinger is that he will never be Alpha, but he have a great chance to nerf the entire world population alphabet level by win dat throne and sending everyone under-beta :D

*Brandon Stark: taller than Ned, stronger than Ned, handsomer than Ned, more Alpha than Ned, better swordman than Ned, touch Cat's boobs before Ned.
Before story even start GRRM get him arrested, put a dog leash on his neck and make him self-hang and die during a roid rage attack :D

Jon is the only cadidate, but he will win the top dog spot by multiple plot shields :D

a44Xnww_460s.jpg

Am I the only one here who loved Tywin?
Imho as performance itself was probably the best of the show, such flawless presence in every scene he appear

But

I still find PD Tyrion even more impressive, because his character require fuckton of different angles, and he covered all of them with awesomeness

Tywin was perfection, but to be honest we have seen only two version of him:

Tywin A "Jaime i'm your father and you will do what i told you to do for this family"
"Cersei i'm your father and you will do what i told you to do for this family"
"Tyrion i'm your father and you will do what i told you to do for this family"

Tywin B -dead with two bolts in the chest, while shitting-
Last thing he said before get shot
"Tyrion i'm your father and you will do what i told you to...." :D

Nah, too exagerated, to be fair i liked a lot his scene with Arya and later the one with Joffrey. As short they were still allowed to see two different faces of him. Also the duel with grandmother Tyrell was quality :D

Still, best performance but waaay less complex than play Tyrion role imho

The point is that even without balls they're alpha as fuck. They transcend balls. Balls are holding people back!
Well, if that's the case, GRRM's knife is helping a lot of peoples :D

But seriously, mixing book and show teh women League is dominating everything

Woman team have (spoilerz)
Undisputed UFC HW Champ, Mafia Killers, Magic Vaginas, Baelish managment, Dragon Queens with Plot Shield, Frankenstein owners, Zombie Moms, Hadouken throwing Elves. Coach Lady Olenna

That's a monster team :D

To stand a chance using a balls owners team you will need
Arthur Dayne, Barristan, Jaime, Oberyn, Trident Robert, Drogo, Clegane Bros, Syrio in a Saint Seiya Gold Knights alliance
and they are
Dead, Old, Amputated, Very Dead, Dead fat, BooBoo Dead, Kinda out, Supposed Dead :D

Last hope of Banana Team is the combination of Tyrion and Jon.
Tyrion Alpha curriculum is second to none, and TV Jon's plot shield is auto-win

But still, Team Ladies just destroy everybody, probably even if we combine Team Banana + Team Trascend Balls

Transcending balls? You mean like Varys? Cuz he da man (without balls).

Varys is one of me very faves.

Well, if that's the case, GRRM's knife is helping a lot of peoples :D

Of course it is!
Brienne is just best. Mafia killers? Mel ain't as cool as she thinks she is. Bealish management is all dead m8. Dany is an idiot. More wine m'grace you daft pixie? Fyeah Stoneheart. Bitch only got buffed in the show because drama. We all know she's shit really. Olenna is one true Queen though.

Varys is one of me very faves.
The scene where he tell his story to Tyrion, and at the end we see that he got the old fucker in a box was priceless
Also i liked a lot the one where he go in prison to talk to Ned the night before he's executed

VERY underrated character imho

About underrated characters, the actor who play Mance is fucking good

The scene where he tell his story to Tyrion, and at the end we see that he got the old fucker in a box was priceless
Also i liked a lot the one where he go in prison to talk to Ned the night before he's executed

VERY underrated character imho

About underrated characters, the actor who play Mance is fucking good
Varys, lord of giving no fucks.

Ciaran Hinds, whose face looks CGI in photographs.

Varys, lord of giving no fucks.

Actually i like him because give fucks :D
Is not your usual heartless sociopath politic-chess gamer... he have a lot of human side, he just don't let his human side shit over his strategy

Anyway is epic impressive how long he survived staying in the middle of a game where basically every piec e can kill him and nobody will give fucks, not even revenge him after Death

Is like see a fat slow turkey in a cage full of lions keep surviving without even need to hide or outrun them, just staying there and chosing wise when walk left and when right... and without even focus on stay alive, he's more concerned about what's best for peoples outside the cage, peoples that don't give fucks about him and that will find funny the idea of a rich fat eunuch in purple silk get executed

As Lord of not giving fucks i vote Petyr or Stannis, even if in different ways

Back