Votes: 50 25.1%
  • Straight

Votes: 120 60.3%
  • Bi

Votes: 29 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
studies have found correlations between physiology of people and their sexuality. These studies provide evidence which they claim suggests that:
  • Gay men report, on an average, slightly longer and thicker penises than non-gay men.
  • Gay men and straight women have, on average, equally proportioned brain hemispheres. Lesbian women and straight men have, on average, slightly larger right brain hemispheres.
  • The VIP SCN nucleus of the hypothalamus is larger in men than in women, and larger in gay men than in heterosexual men.
  • The average size of the INAH in the brains of gay men is approximately the same size as 3 in women, which is significantly smaller, and the cells more densely packed, than in heterosexual men's brains.
  • Gay men's brains respond differently to fluoxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.
  • The functioning of the inner ear and the central auditory system in lesbians and bisexual women are more like the functional properties found in men than in non-gay women (the researchers argued this finding was consistent with the prenatal hormonal theory of sexual orientation).
  • The suprachiasmatic nucleus was found by Swaab and Hopffman to be larger in gay men than in non-gay men, the suprachiasmatic nucleus is also known to be larger in men than in women.
  • The startle response (eyeblink following a loud sound) is similarly masculinized in lesbians and bisexual women.
  • Gay and non-gay people's brains respond differently to two putative sex pheromones (AND, found in male armpit secretions, and EST, found in female urine).
  • The amygdala, a region of the brain, is more active in gay men than non-gay men when exposed to sexually arousing material.
  • Finger length ratios between the index and ring fingers may be different between non-gay and lesbian women.
  • Gay men and lesbians are significantly more likely to be left-handed or ambidextrous than non-gay men and women; Simon LeVay argues that because "hand preference is observable before birth... the observation of increased non-right-handness in gay people is therefore consistent with the idea that sexual orientation is influenced by prenatal processes," perhaps heredity.
  • A study of 50 gay men found 23% had counterclockwise hair whorl, as opposed to 8% in the general population. This may correlate with left-handedness.
  • Gay men have increased ridge density in the fingerprints on their left thumbs and pinkies.
  • Length of limbs and hands of gay men is smaller compared to height than the general population, but only among white men

Because at the end of the day, the only difference between, for example, 'straight' and 'gay' men is that they're sexually attracted to women and men respectively.
Last I checked, straights were still fucking up color schemes and not a one knew how to use hair product appropriately. Slightly kidding... But hey!! Just how many genders are there!? (trolljest)

Solo, your post doesn't help this situation... his quote states "To direct" and not "to have" which are 2 completely different things. The english language supports me.

As someone with a degree in the english language, you clearly don't understand it if you think it's supporting you here.

For now, I'll humor you, and I won't cross reference different dictionaries on the word "homosexual" which would undoubtedly prove you wrong. (Dictionaries often use different wording to describe the same thing. Lets just say your theory doesn't work with the definition in the medical dictionary OR the world english dictionary.) But again, let's disregard this.

To direct something toward something simply means to point it toward something.

When it comes to desire, and desire of a sex, it would mean to point/show desire toward something. Not to act out on it. The word you are looking for is "pursue."

But, let's say that you had a case with stretching the shit out of the meaning of "to desire":

World Dictionary (Collins World English Dictionary):

homosexual (ˌhəʊməʊˈsɛksjʊəl, ˌhɒm-)
n
1. a person who is sexually attracted to members of the same sex

Medical dictionary (American Heritage Dictionary):

homosexual

ho·mo·sex·u·al (hō'mə-sěk'sh&oomacr;-əl, -mō-)
adj.
Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of thesame sex.

n.

Yep, pretty sure you're still wrong.

this debate wasn't caused by if its okay to be gay or not. Obviously for the survival of the human race, purely homosexuals are a dying breed. In my opinion, its a good thing, population is WAY too high. Testing should be done to remove 90%, and since I scored in the top .0001% in the united states, I am clearly safe. That all being said, this debate was about "is being gay a choice". Matty, that is all horse piss and bullshit. so out of 50 gay men and 50 straight men, the gay men on average happened to have longer and thicker penises? Lets take 50 confirmed gay japanese men agains't 50 confirmed straight black men. Until everyone in the whole world has been tested and accounted for, those ON AVERAGES mean shit. out of 5 billion men tested, how many matched? Give me those answers and I will start to believe.

Ramirez please refrain from spouting any more stupid comments. You're not Gay, and you're not Bisexual so you don't really have a right to argue against it if you don't know what we go through.

Honestly, once again desty, you disproved your own creditable sources, by showing multiple definitions of the same word you have created room for error. BTW one is a noun and the other is an adjective. So, as I stated originally, there is a gray zone, but according to the LOGIC that I have presented, your dictionary definitions which fluxuate by source, can be thrown right out the window. Thanks for trying... again... please... try more, I am loving this.

SarephumJastar, please learn to spell my name correctly.

Ramirez please refrain from spouting any more stupid comments. You're not Gay, and you're not Bisexual so you don't really have a right to argue against it if you don't know what we go through.

I think the best part is his last post just totally got butthurt that statistics say gay men have larger penises.

Like, why did he single that out?

this debate wasn't caused by if its okay to be gay or not. Obviously for the survival of the human race, purely homosexuals are a dying breed. In my opinion, its a good thing, population is WAY too high. Testing should be done to remove 90%, and since I scored in the top .0001% in the united states, I am clearly safe. That all being said, this debate was about "is being gay a choice". Matty, that is all horse piss and bullshit. so out of 50 gay men and 50 straight men, the gay men on average happened to have longer and thicker penises? Lets take 50 confirmed gay japanese men agains't 50 confirmed straight black men. Until everyone in the whole world has been tested and accounted for, those ON AVERAGES mean shit. out of 5 billion men tested, how many matched? Give me those answers and I will start to believe.

I'd rather take my facts from SCIENTIST then an idiot spouting his own opinions. and let me put this to you you say that we homosexuals are a dying breed, well imagain if there were no such thing as homosexuals, now picure how over populated the world would be without them! We are natures answer to the condom

Honestly, once again desty, you disproved your own creditable sources, by showing multiple definitions of the same word you have created room for error. BTW one is a noun and the other is an adjective. So, as I stated originally, there is a gray zone, but according to the LOGIC that I have presented, your dictionary definitions which fluxuate by source, can be thrown right out the window. Thanks for trying... again... please... try more, I am loving this.

Dying Breed? Well hey at least I'll die good looking, and handsome :D

Desty, the fact that it was the FIRST bullet on the list was the reason I made a referance to a it first. And as for a dying breed, I said its because YOU DONT REPRODUCE. Bi-sexuals excluded, gay people don't reproduce. Thats a fact... gotta have an X from a woman and an X or Y from a man. There is cloning but... lets not get into that...

BTW that dudes hot Black, good choice. That chick is photoshopped...

So is sexual orientation a state of mind or an act?
It's a state of mind. Yes it can be acted against, so self control and experimentation can occur, but inherent attractions and interests can't really be controlled, sort of like preferences in food. I suppose clinically, your orientation is defined by what you want, and society generally defines it as who you actually have sex with ('sup Remirez).

ok.. i have a legit question. do straight people find it offensive when you make fun of them for getting preggo/knocking someone up? Because like.. everyone i know is suddenly getting pregnant and married.

Desty, the fact that it was the FIRST bullet on the list was the reason I made a referance to a it first. And as for a dying breed, I said its because YOU DONT REPRODUCE. Bi-sexuals excluded, gay people don't reproduce. Thats a fact... gotta have an X from a woman and an X or Y from a man. There is cloning but... lets not get into that...

Then I guess I'm excluded from that "dying breed" comment :P

Hey Neo - when you give me a single credible source that agrees with your definition you might start looking like you're more correct. I've given you two. The first definition I gave you wasn't from a credible source. It was the first definition I found while googling. (It wasn't even a legitimate dictionary. They may have pulled the definition from another one though!) The second two you actually made me go look up credible sources for. So... Pretty sure there isn't a gray zone, pretty sure my first definition is now moot. (You can try to make an attack at my credibility because of this, but if you need me to, I can get you copies of the second two definitions from their respective dictionaries ;] these aren't my definitions. They're theirs)

Oh and as far as one being a noun and one being an adjective creating a gray area, LOLWTF? Like literally what in the fuck? No. It's because the noun in the medical dictionary literally says "a homosexual person." So the adjective is a perfectly fine definition. There is no gray area here. You are wrong and don't want to admit it. I don't know what pride you have in pretending you know anything on the subject of linguistics, but you really don't know anything. I don't want this to be a long drawn out argument over semantics. So sir, I'll leave you with this: You're wrong.

Oh, and by the way, you've created at least 3 logical fallacies that you haven't realized because apparently you think your "LOGIC" is sound (stop capitalizing words, dude). I've called you out on one because it was so incredibly obvious. I don't need to make you look any worse. That's not my goal here. :]

This thread needs putting back on track a little.

Look at the pretty pictures and hush! X3

He's a tad too hairy for me

Trevor-Donovan-swimsuit-at-beach.jpg

This is more like it :D

Trevor Donovan <3 Ultimate Crush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back