Guess The Next Character Reveal(s)!

What if Freyhua is acutally the mastermind behind Verge? Going off a Gamefaqs post...

MLFdSTV.png

Their legs are in a different position. Maybe Aeon, Cervantes, and Maybe!Azwel are next then.

Also keep in mind Siegfried and Mi-Na who were revealed after their replacements... well alter ego for the former... have more mundane styles than the demon horse and Necalli transformation. Aeon has no reason to conjure lightning and Hwang/Yun-seong wouldn't summon a whirlpool and do magical girl peace signs. Astaroth's CE is also pretty normal like something Rock could also do if he wanted to.
Thank you. This is a better comparison. Let's check how the animations stack up...

liz.png

398570138703757332.png

What happens when they might become certain possibilities ?
If it's confirmed then you can state it as fact. But it hasn't been. How is that difficult?

There will be a new reveal of a female character however.

If there really is no new female character, and a new reveal of a female character in base game, it will be by far most likely Cassandra. Afterwards is Setsuka, followed by Hilde, followed by Amy/Viola, followed by SCV char.

Looks like they have already revealed Cervantes by accident in some ign gameplay

If there really is no new female character, and a new reveal of a female character in base game, it will be by far most likely Cassandra. Afterwards is Setsuka, followed by Hilde, followed by Amy/Viola, followed by SCV char.

Are there even that Mang slots left?

I don't have any real guesses, but I know who I'd most like to see.

Aeon, then a Korean sword user, than Raphael, than either Hilde or Setsuka, then I'm happy so whoever you like.

What if Freyhua is acutally the mastermind behind Verge? Going off a Gamefaqs post...

MLFdSTV.png

Their legs are in a different position. Maybe Aeon, Cervantes, and Maybe!Azwel are next then.

Camera's at a different angle. In Sophitia's picture it's a distinct profile/side shot, but the camera is slightly turned in the lizardman scene, probably due to the fighter's differing positions in the 3D plane. Anyway, a different angle--even slightly so--can make the same pose look different, especially with different morphologies, as with the lizardman's feet. Besides that, it could simply not be the same frame of the blocking animation. Could be still slightly transitional.

I think there's more evidence towards that being Sophitia's moveset, and I refuse to get my hopes up. Anyway, if Aeon is in the game with his own moveset, I should hope that it would be more distinct and wild than "Sophitia but the blocking animation looks a little different".

@Frayhua my video was mostly speculation, I'am not holding leaks or information behind it.

I can be wrong either for Lizardman, Hwang and of course Rock. They are not very popular in the game and it only depends on how much Namco respects and invest time in their game.

And the last news were pretty worrying how they treat it (P2, CAS Boss, etc...).

The 3 last slots can be either for DLC in the worst case, or for more selling character, or even for other CAS created char. The only clue I have is that their is a lot of rumors about Lizardman & Hwang (besides Raphael and Cervy)

Also I still have the Cervantes story line/row not matching in Alphabetical order with Ivy in my video. And maybe all that rows were place holders.

The only 2 reliables informations I did get are :
- Tira will be announced later (meaning DLC or last reveal) => confirmed
- Raphael is popular and they know that (meaning they will surely find a way to include him) => waiting to see him

Other informations was compiling non verifiable sources, and rumors in the Internet (especially this Azwel leaks guy) with my personnal analysis of the Story Mode Screen / Char Screen.

Anyway, I just wanted to add this clarification, because I don't want that people becomes mad against me lol.

Let's wait now !

Raph needs to be in if this is based of SCII as well. He and Cassie otherwise will be fighting for that DLC slot. He’s also more iconic as a vampire. Plus good bait as the token male.

To me, the lack of his and Yun-seong’s hairstyles for CaS at the moment might mean something but the short and long Siegfried hairstyles are also confusing and we’ve seen the former in the story trailer. My guess is that it’s probably in the slot where Nightmare’s equipment may be? They are the same person again.

Or is my hair theory crazy? Keep in mind we’ve also seen Rock’s hair among the generic hairstyles.

I think that Hwang/Rock/Aeon and Yun/Raph/Cassie would be interchangeable. It’s either one of the other and the latter are more popular. They could be revealed together. Possibly with Cervantes unless he’s revealed as a boss with Azwel.

Last edited:
SoulCalibur VI is to cover up until the beginning of SoulCalibur II, and Raphael doesn't get malfested until the end of SoulCalibur II. So noble Raphael or no Raphael. Perhaps maybe even goatee Raphael. We can hope so, at least. Raphael with his unique style stands a much better chance than Cassandra.

I doubt the hair means anything, because we haven't seen all the parts by a long shot, I'd wager. There's no way of knowing how many parts were unlocked in the footage we saw, and parts unlock inbetween other parts. It's possible we may get all the hair and parts from both SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V. Wouldn't mean anything for the character inclusions. Like if we got Amy hair and clothes, for instance.

Goatee Raphael would suit Exiled Noble Raphael. If he’s in as part of the base roster he has to be a bit scruffy. Maybe take inspiration from his SCV primary but possibly without the hat. I posted on the general page a look I thought suited him.

I’m just afraid the lolicons may get their wish without him even though he’s one himself. He’s a little too obsessed with Amy. Now Rock is best dad.

Plus hair only really unlocked with characters in IV-V.

Either way, Raph is needed for two of my central OCs for his hair or rapier. And he was in LS.

Last edited:
Goatee Raphael would suit Exiled Noble Raphael. If he’s in as part of the base roster he has to be a bit scruffy. Maybe take inspiration from his SCV primary but possibly without the hat. I posted on the general page a look I thought suited him.

I’m just afraid the lolicons may get their wish without him even though he’s one himself. He’s a little too obsessed with Amy. Now Rock is best dad.

Plus hair only really unlocked with characters in IV-V.

Either way, Raph is needed for two of my central OCs for his hair or rapier. And he was in LS.

I almost forgot that Raphael had a goatee in 2. Don't want it back lol. He looked so much better without in later games.

I want Raph's ass in this game. I INSIST UPON IT. I don't care if he plays like crap, I just like his presence. :) Hopefully if he does get announced, he will be improved.

I just don’t want the lolicons to win and my head inquisitor gone power hungry to celebrate his victories with ballet.

But facial hair is awesome and he had some too in his III alt. Shame Kilik didn’t age in V because I think the wiki said he basically became Edge Master while old in some manga.

I vote for the best dad in the Soul Calibur universe... Rock!

Ralph, Cervantes, Algol, Kilik... all bad dads. We finally got a good one, and they scrap him! Make Rock great again and award him dad of the year!

In all Seriousness, Ralph should make it just like Tira did in dLC. Popular characters not fitting story mode will be dlc. This means setsuka, Hwang, and hilde are sure shot 3rds unless we have more guests

Last edited:
Just to temper everyone's expectations, I just want to remind everyone to remember how roster speculations and predictions were in SoulCalibur V and compare it to what we got when the game came out. Okubo even mentioned that there isn't a lot of characters left to be announced.

Assume worst case. In this worst case, Cervantes is the only returning character left to be unannounced.

Code:
Libra           Siegfried       Zasalamel       Nightmare       Cervantes
Xianghua        Maxi            Sophitia        Astaroth        Ivy
Yoshimitsu      Kilik           CREATION        Grøh            Voldo
Talim           Mitsurugi       Geralt          Taki            Seong Mi-na
DLC*            DLC*            DLC*            Tira*           RANDOM

Remember that infamous bottom row from SoulCalibur V and try not to feel disappointed. And even with the small roster size, please still try to support the game. I don't wanna deal with another six year wait.

GG Hwang. :(

But there's that one guy on the left in Libra of Souls silhouette who looks a lot like a dao user, so that's still got my hopes going for Hwang:

6xQVJRD.png

Xianghua gets some days too.

I do have some theory that Siegfried and Mi-Na have more mundane CEs or gimmicks than their replacements. Perhaps Aeon/Cassie and Hwang/Yun would have mundane looking CEs as opposed to Sophie’s lightning and Xianghua’s SC whirlpool thingy.

Speaking of Siegfried, he doesn’t seem to get SC and in V when he stopped wielding it he still had the ice CE. Tira’s personalities became part of the gameplay in IV which this game is straying from. Likewise Raph needs major reworking in the base roster to not be vampiric.

Back