Hello

Mishka

[08] Mercenary
Just found this place (gamefaqs link). I'm a long time character creation artiest. Been without a PS3 for a while, so I kinda dropped off the CAS world for a while.

My specialty is complex and realistic use of colors and stickers. I invented some now popular techniques and my remaining name to fame is careful and intricate color matching and blending. I don't use mods though I've been accused of it, mainly for making nearly or entirely identical copies of story characters and giving them alternate fighting styles.

I tend to do art series. In the past I did a cutesy series and a super hero series (made up super heroes mostly) and currently doing one that's basically elaborately dressed females (no sexuality) all named after flowers. I also have some comical characters.

I DO take formula requests when I have time, something I've been short of lately. Although I'm good at it, I generally am not a fan of making characters from other games as even the most elaborate efforts often leave you with what looks like a cheap Halloween costume then the actual character. There are occasional exceptions. Someone for example asked me for a formula for MOMO in Xenosaga 3. The results were a virtually perfect copy of her. But stuff like that is the exception, not the rule.
Anyway, it's Eggster and I have to run. I'll share some of my work when I get back.

In the mien time, you can try out one of my formulas. This one is a cute/silly looking parade hula-hooper.:

NOTE: When adjusting patterns, there are left to right bars that do not display number values. In these instances, simply move the bar all the way to the far left for (r) listings and click right as many times as the number given and all the way right for (L) listings and do the same. For example, in adjusting the size of the basic 1 pattern, if it says 14r, that means move the bar all the way to the lef and then move it right 14 clicks. If it says, 10L then move it all the way to the right and move it left 10 clicks.

Remember to pay attention to the "-" in number values.

All stickers are always placed by axis unless specified otherwise.

Eye ball (not Iris) is always default unless stated otherwise.

CARNATION

Carnation.jpg

height: 1 normal
face: 1
hair: braided pigtails (2-9-0) (2-9-0) (2-9-0)
eyebrows: 12 (2-9-17)
voice: 15/24/none
---

Skin Color: (0-0-0)
Eye Color: (1-35-15)
face paint: 63 (0-20-5) (2-48-2) (5-58-3) (0-39-12)
---

upper arms: -6
forearms: -12
pect: -4
hips 20
thighs: -12
calves: -12
stomach: -12
chest: -20
waist: -20
muscle mass: 0
---

Head: Headband - European 16 (0-0-0) (9-63-2)
Top: Glossy Top (5-62-4) (9-63-20)
Lower body: Absolution Hip Tagi - Basic 12 (2-59-8) (9-63-0) - (7-59-6) (9-35-17) - Basic 16 (3-0-12) (7-1-4) (5-0-11)
Neck and back: Scarf - Basic 12 (9-63-0) (0-0-0)
Arm: Longpaeo Hulain - European 21 (5-0-2) (9-63-1) - (9-63-3)
Feet: (XIAOYU) - Basic 16 (9-55-0) (0-0-0) (0-0-0) - (0-0-0)
---

Special 1.: Bow - Basic 12 (9-59-14) (0-63-0)
horizontal -1
vertical -2
back -15
width -32
length -10
depth 32
rotate vertically -176
rotate horizontally -12
angle 3
---

Special 2.: Bow - European 14 (0-0-0) (6-33-6) (5-63-0)
horizontal 0
vertical -22
back -25
width 11
length 50
depth 50
rotate vertically 36
rotate horizontally 0
angle 0
---

Special 3.: Butterfly Antennas(2-9-6) (0-8-13)
horizontal -6
vertical 13
back 1
width 50
length -42
depth -38
rotate vertically 52
rotate horizontally -176
angle 25
---

Stickers
====

skin:
1: Motif 3 (2-22-3) upper body - V=far right H=center s=far right r=center
2: Motif 1 (6-59-2) Head - - V=18r H=center s=2r r=center
3: Motif 2 (9-47-4) Upper body - V=42r H=center s=15L r=center Flip Vertically ON
4: Motif 5 (9-47-4) Upper body - V=49L H=1r s=32L r=center Flip Vertically ON
upper body eqp.:
1: Motif 24 (9-0-3) (0-0-0) - V=center H=center s=47r r=center
2: Motif 59 (0-0-0) (0-0-0)- V=39L H=Far left s=40L r=center

Last edited:
Welcome to 8WR, @Mishka! Thanks for visiting us from GameFaqs! I'm the local 8WR CaS moderator, and my specialty is CTO (Counter Troll Operations.) Jk I CaS occasionally. Anyways, I'm glad to see you're already contributing your formulas. Unfortunately, most of us are too lazy to rebuild characters from scratch, so it'd be most kind of you to post some pictures instead.

Since you like making original characters, you might also like to participate in our contests. You can find the latest one here:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/most-esteemed-one-shot-contest-thread.15703/page-49#post-696943. The current topic is creations that involve food, and the deadline is Sunday, April 12.
If you ever catch a fancy to make character requests, you can find the thread here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/request-to-go.13799/. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck.

Will do. I just added a picture of Catalpa above.

Here's a partial list of some of my Characters

SOUL_CALIBUR_5_characters.jpg

I was asked to share some individual characters here. So here you go:

Carnation

Carnation.jpg

Catalpa

Catalpa.jpg

Daisy

Daisy.jpg

Brucege, I really like your pixie. Vilarcane, I an thoroughly impressed with your Spetsnaz/winter soldiers. Allot of creativity and fine tuning there.

Last edited:
Lovely designs, @Mishka. I'll post some of my thoughts on them soon. That first link that I provided is currently a contest about food, however, so I hope you don't mind me moving your pictures here, to your personal thread. Feel free to come up with some food-inspired originals and post on the contest thread though. For now, I'm gonna pass out.

Lovely designs, @Mishka. I'll post some of my thoughts on them soon. That first link that I provided is currently a contest about food, however, so I hope you don't mind me moving your pictures here, to your personal thread. Feel free to come up with some food-inspired originals and post on the contest thread though. For now, I'm gonna pass out.

Maybe Mousy VS a Cat. "MEEE NOOOT YUMMY!!! DON PUT ME IN YOUR TUMMY!!"

Squeak dweams.

Carnation: Interesting design. I see you've added hair extensions with the butterfly antennae. You also used the pocket sticker to cut out a sort of vest for her from the back. I would have liked to see the white vest extended to the front, but she's pretty as she is.

Catalpa: My favorite work from you so far. The bright colors make for a retro/disco kinda look. Like a waittress or gogo girl. I would have left out the pattern on the black nurse dress though. since you already patterned the limbs, it's good to give viewer's eyes a place to relax.

Daisy: even though the design's mostly white, you managed to cram in a fair amount of detail. Nice touch how well the flower sticker fits the apron. I also see that you emulated the leggings' patterns on the leg skin using the calligraphy sticker. good stuff.

I understand that you really like the leggings trick. Do try just using the default leggings though, since thatll let you use makeup, which can add alotta personality to your designs.

Your designs are extremely girly with all the light colors, ribbons, and exposed skin. While this isn't exactly my cup of tea, I see that you put a tremendous amount of love and time into your creations. Keep up the great work, @Mishka!

Carnation: Interesting design. I see you've added hair extensions with the butterfly antennae. You also used the pocket sticker to cut out a sort of vest for her from the back. I would have liked to see the white vest extended to the front, but she's pretty as she is.

Catalpa: My favorite work from you so far. The bright colors make for a retro/disco kinda look. Like a waittress or gogo girl. I would have left out the pattern on the black nurse dress though. since you already patterned the limbs, it's good to give viewer's eyes a place to relax.

Daisy: even though the design's mostly white, you managed to cram in a fair amount of detail. Nice touch how well the flower sticker fits the apron. I also see that you emulated the leggings' patterns on the leg skin using the calligraphy sticker. good stuff.

I understand that you really like the leggings trick. Do try just using the default leggings though, since thatll let you use makeup, which can add alotta personality to your designs.

Your designs are extremely girly with all the light colors, ribbons, and exposed skin. While this isn't exactly my cup of tea, I see that you put a tremendous amount of love and time into your creations. Keep up the great work, @Mishka!

On Carnation, she was meant to look like a parade hula hooper. So the use of stickers was directed towards that end.

Perhaps it's no surprise that Catalpa was modeled after Punky Brewster. TBH, to me it was sort of a cheap shot, using the convenience of creation options for a similar profile. In other words, Punky Brewster's face is easy to make in this game and I spend most of my time going for stuff that's extremely difficult. I AM with you on one thing. That dress pattern has to go. I'll eventually come up with a viable alternative but I have higher priorities ATM.

Daisy was meant to look like some of the kids I grew up with. There were actually two identical twins. It was really just a spare of the moment idea. I went to more trouble to make Daisy look like an actual flower girl (from a wedding) then any other character.

I actually use the leggings trick (one of my own inventions) partially to give myself challenge in adding detail on top of it. This is where Ellie really shines. You can see in this image that she too has it applied:

Ellie.jpg

But if you take a close look at her face, it looks very natural, as if unaltered but is full of fine features that are not a normal part of the game. It actually took very intricately blending 4 different stickers in addition to a face pattern for hours to get it right.

Making these fine color blends and matches is one of my favorite things to do in Character creation art. Tights trick helps that along. Plus, though I realize underwear isn't something you're going to be looking at much, it sort of drives me nuts to leave any part of my characters unrefined or any details out of place (that's why I often put a seam in the underwear, not for sex appeal or fashion but because absence of it drives me nuts), and default leggings look really...... fake.. That or like the person wearing them had an accident.

Exposed skin? I thought they were usually a little less exposed then normal. You're not referring to the under layer/broken armor pics, are you? Those are only temporary shots to fully document all the detail. They normally don't look like that.

You can try Ellie's formula below if you like. It's not especially difficult to follow (the fine work was in making the formula, not following it) but you can see in following it just how much work went in to her features:

height: 1/normal
face: 2
hair: Chinese braids (3-11-0) (7-60-14)
eyebrows: 13 (5-4-25)
voice: Upbeat girl/13/14/none
---

skin color: (0-0-0)
Eye Color: (1-38-22)
Face Paint: n/a
---

upper arms: 2
forearms: 9
pect: 5
hips 10
thighs: 8
calves: -1
stomach: 14
chest: -12
waist: -5
muscle mass: 1
---

Head: Hair Band - Oriental 8 (7-56-12) (0-0-0) size=58r / Basic 12 (9-0-0) (9-61-7) size=29r
Face:
Undergarment: Corset (5-63-3) (2-63-0) (9-63-31)
Top: Congratulatory shirt - Basic 12 (9-0-0) (9-56-5) size+3r / Basic 9 (8-62-11) (0-0-0) (6-40-4) (8-20-10) size=17r / Basic 10 (8-42-27) (5-41-21) (3-38-24) (3-8-16) size=28r
Upper body:
Lower body: Pleated Skirt (8-58-13) (0-0-0) (6-40-11) (8-34-16) size=16r
Hip: Marquis' Belt (8-56-0) (9-40-25) basic 12 (9-0-0) (6-57-15) size=16r
Neck and back: Ribbon Tie - basic 12 (9-57-13) (7-43-26) size =4r
Arm: Longpao Hualin - basic 12 (9-0-0) (9-34-12) size =1r / default
Shoulder:
Ankle: Short Socks (9-58-3)
Feet: Tennis Shoes - basic 1 (0-0-0) ((7-38-5) (6-56-7) size=72r / basic 12 (9-63-0) (9-57-8) size=1r / Modern 11 (9-54-3) (9-63-2) size=0r
---

Special 1.: Bow (9-57-11) (7-43-7) (9-0-3) size=0r
Head
horizontal 0
vertical -18
back -21
width 0
length 0
depth 0
rotate vertically 27
rotate horizontally 0
angle 0
---

Special 2.: Flower Brooch - basic 1 (000) (4-37-3) (6-56-2) size=21r / basic 15 (8-29-6) (5-20-5) (5-18-10) size=19r
horizontal -15
vertical -27
back -3
width 0
length 0
depth 0
rotate vertically 0
rotate horizontally -54
angle 0
---

Special 3.: Flower Brooch - basic 1 (000) (4-37-3) (6-56-2) size=21r / basic 15 (8-29-6) (5-20-5) (5-18-10) size=19r
horizontal 16
vertical -27
back -3
width 0
length 0
depth 0
rotate vertically 0
rotate horizontally 72
angle 0
---

Stickers
====

skin:
1: Motif 3 (9-0-3) upper body / vertical=58r/horizontal=center / size=far right / rotate=center /
2: Motif 3 (2-9-4) head / vertical=center / horizontal=center / size=far right / rotate=center
3: Motif 88 (0-43-3) head / vertical=43r / horizontal=45 / size=center / rotate=80r / flip vertically On
4: Motif 10 (2-52-3) head / vertical=35r / horizontal=center / size=20r / rotate=center /

undergarment:
1: Motif 60 (2-63-5) (9-63-1) upper body / vertical=3r / horizontal=center / size=15 / rotate=center /

upper body eqp.:
1: Motif 60 (5-62-6) (9-28-10) upper body / vertical=64 / horizontal=66 / size=8 / rotate=center

Saying that you invented the leggings trick might be going a bit far:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/spehs-nerdtastic-creations.10931/#post-402341
This guy posted on February 8, 2012, barely a week after SCV's release.
However, you do put the trick to good use though on Ellie. I think you did a great job with Ellie's face too. I've never seen anybody manually sticker freckles before (rather than use the default makeup.) Three plaid patterns side-by-side seems a bit much though. Would you mind explaining that to me? Anyways, I'm just giving you a hard time 'cause that's my job, but overall really nice work. Perhaps you'll look into making some warrior-type females? This guy has a style which I think you might like:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/souls-of-azeroth.18260/

Cool. I had been asked before about it's origin and I was never able to find any evidence of an earlier example till just now. I first used it some time within the first year of the game's release, exactly when I don't recall. Funny thing is originally I was using it for the exact same reasons as that guy. Super Heroes.

Thanks for the info. Seams pretty definitive.

I don't understand your question about Ellie and plaid coloring. Most of my female characters have fine facial imperfections, freckles etc. but Ellie's is by far the most elaborate. Believe it or not, I've actually used this feature to make women ugly too. I have 3 characters I can't show here, as they have some mildly X-rated features (all spoof and none of the usual tasteless garbage) and one of them is Miss Mann from Scary Movie. I was able to use that same trick to make her face virtually identical to her face in the movie, such as the apparent mild facial hair etc. Maybe I'll share a censored version of her.

I can try for the fantasy warrior stuff but TBH it's really not part of my mentality. Super heroes was about as macho as I was ever able to get. Unless you want me to make real world fighters. I generally stick to funny, cute and breathtaking.

Last edited:
Oh, I get your plaid pattern question now. The above picture is outdated. The up to date version is seen in the big picture. The plaid patterns were fixed in that version. Looks like the formula I posted was for the old version. Let me see if I can't dig up an updated formula.

No no, Ellie is stunningly beautiful as she is. I wouldn't change a thing. Hmm...if you don't like warrior-type CaS, how bout trying some punk, emo, or goth? A bit of edge can go a long way. We actually have pretty similar CaS styles. Pretty females and stuff, but mine tend to be evil, like this one here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/a-mini-gallery.12594/page-10#post-674441. Anyways, it'd be a shame to see your talent go unused. You might find alotta new and fun directions for your art by experimenting.

Well, here's something new for a change. Another shot at Strawberry. Actually, this is the end result of a mixture of experimentation and luck.

I made Strawberry before (Strawberry and Shortcake) but the original Strawberry turned out bland and uninteresting, so I deleted her to make room for other characters.

Like many of you, I have been experimenting with making garments out of various items. This was originally an experiment with making a skirt out of various other items. It ended up a flower character I chose to refine over time. But the other day I tried making something positive out of features I generally am not a fan of, like multi colored hair for example. Eventually I saw the potential in what I was doing as a recreation of Strawberry. So I really went to town with it and here's the end result.

MdCapsG.jpg

Back