Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

I'm making a video of Hilde with her own "trials" like what street fighter does with their characters.
When I'm done, would it be okay to post it on the Hilde: Video / Feedback Thread? Or is there a video that already exists?

I'm making this out of fun and as a tribute to Hilde. I think it will help others who are learning her character by allowing them to pick up a few ideas, tricks, or even recreate a new concept when I'm done editing it.

Is there any way to make training not reset when you press L1+R1? I think setting A to L1 and G to R1 might make things a little easier for me but it's impossible to really test it

Is there any way to make training not reset when you press L1+R1? I think setting A to L1 and G to R1 might make things a little easier for me but it's impossible to really test it
Unfortunately, you're stuck with LB+RB reset and no way to disable it.

Picked up Hilde this afternoon and I'm starting to like her a lot, been playing around in ranked at a basic level of whiff punish at range and try my best to yomi to freedom at closer ranges. I'm at a loss as to how I get faster characters out of my face with her. Natsu, Yoshi's, Viola, etc. chip me away with mixups while I don't have a solid way of shifting momentum back in my favor.

I've been trying to force them off me with 2A/3K/66K/AA/4AA and trying to interrupt strings with 3A/3[A] to some sucess. Is this pretty much par for these matchups, or is there something I'm missing?

Really enjoying her so far, it's suprising how few people have even basic Hilde MU experience. Catching people with the second hit of C3A/B for no reason in ranked all day.

If you're going based on yomi Hilde has a PERFECT scissors(High) paper(Mid) rock(Low) game against in your face characters.
If they go High, you beat them with tech croucher moves 2A+B/22B.
If they go mid, you get a free combo from 3[A]. Except for viola orb or body blow mid attacks. Just out speed these with 4A/AA/2A/3K (AA = best damage, 2A = beats TC's, 4A = slightly less damage than AA for 2A's frame advantage, 3K = beats the rare tech crouch + tech jump moves.)
If they go low you can knock them down with tech jumps like 44K/66A+B.

If you want to know something amazing for ranked play abuse, Charge A for at least 12-13 seconds (By spacing etc) land ANY combo that leads into C2B without using A (Often its 22B but I've landed raw C2Bs just cause people are stupid in ranked) and instead of doing the C3A followup, just use K as they're falling (needs a bit of timing, but you can delay it a lot, we're not doing the BT K loop) then release C4A just before they hit the ground. 9 times out of 10 people who get hit by Hilde's launcher combos will try to get up or are holding G. The air hit K removes ukemi so if they're holding G they auto stand and will eat the unblockable. The amazing thing about this is that Air hit K puts them in this weird limbo state where C2B can hit them grounded if timed right which results in both a combo reset (Albeit you only get grounded hit scaling) and a relaunch with the relaunch limit reset. So if you actually learn how to C2B loop consistently, showing them that C2B, BT K can be followed up by C4A often makes really good players stay grounded which if you catch onto that you can time the C2B after the BT K to be a grounded state relaunch (Which is avoided if they hold G and stand up) into a new C2B loop. And you still have a C4A waiting for them after you're about to hit relaunch limit that puts them right back into this situation. Still 9 times out of ten you just need to C4A for the free damage/potential W! or RO.

I'll try out that C4A setup, though I can't entirely do C2B loops yet so I'll just limit it to a once per match gimmick in the meantime. Don't figure it's something they fall for twice.

Assuming I create breathing room, how much room should I strive to create? I try to dance around in 22B/A+B/66A/C3B tip range, only moving in for 66K/grabs/1K or feigning with 11B (I think that's the input for that low), should I be playing closer up or is it something that'll be MU/player dependant?

Sorry for asking so many questions, Hilde's just so radically different (even controlwise, I had to reconfigure my control setup to be able to do A/B charges while having access to K and G) than Tira I find myself often at a loss as to what I should be striving to do verses Tira's basic gameplan of whiff punishment and rushdown.

Generally you want to be at a range where:
  • 2A/AA/other fast pokes can be easily evaded through backdash
  • [A+B]/66A/C2A will still kill sidestep
  • 3BA/C3B will punish whiffs
  • 66K/B+K/C2A will check run-ins
44B and 66K on hit set up this range exquisitely.

Generally you want to be at a range where:
  • 2A/AA/other fast pokes can be easily evaded through backdash
  • [A+B]/66A/C2A will still kill sidestep
  • 3BA/C3B will punish whiffs
  • 66K/B+K/C2A will check run-ins
44B and 66K on hit set up this range exquisitely.

This helps a whole whole lot, especially the last part about 44B and 66K setting up that range.

On an unrelated note, the other day while messing around on ranked I tried to punish a CaS Cerv's GDR (I believe that's what that is, where he/she/it floats backwards and does the spinning charge) with CE, and the first hit connected, but I guess since blocking the move pushes you around a bit, the rest of it completely whiffed. Felt pretty silly doing the final stab FOR THE HOMELAND only to hit air ;_;

Some people i play start to jg the c4a or stay on the ground and roll after loops. Alot of the time they know its coming and just roll.

6bbb sucks, bb gdlike, at the least 6bb, never 6bbb, You get what im saying lol

3K, 66K, 6BBB. That is all you need to know

I rarely rarely rarely find myself using 6BBB. Is it worth trying to fish for 6BBB? Verses some people I'll throw out 6BB if they refuse to step at a range, but never the last B after getting punished on it once by a Yoshi who decided he was done playing around with me

Also, I had a Viola player who wasn't exactly good (maybe not a Viola main?) step the second hit of [A+B] pretty constantly, and it messed me up pretty hard as I've gotten to the point where I hold A+B pretty much 80% of the time for the guard break since nobody will step it. Most of my momentum at the moment's coming from it actually, so I need to start trying to weed relying on it out of my gameplay ):

Edit: Looks like I won't be weeding anything out of anything for the time being, Xbox acting up nonstop, artifacting literally before I can even start a round. Dropped a whole rank due to it artifacting and crashing to top it all off~

6BB~B, you throw out the 3rd B on a hit-confirmed counter hit. Its used for beating back-step for a knockdown.

I'm coming back to SCV after a long time away. Last time I played seriously was pre-patch, so just wondering off the bat, did Hilde get buffed/nerfed?

6BB~B, you throw out the 3rd B on a hit-confirmed counter hit. Its used for beating back-step for a knockdown.
I really only mentioned that move as you used it to kill my backstep from 3K spam at OHN. It was so awful

Back