Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if B+K can be combo'd with anything? I tried doing her C2B then B+K but it doesn't connect :( Either that or the timing is ungodly strict. Does anyone have any info why that may be?

B+K is camera dependent.
The most reliable combo I've found is CH A+B DELAYED C2B (it looks like they stand up and it makes a funky ch type noise. if you get it you'd know) and then B+K at the right time should give animation.

is there any reason why B+K hits viola's 8A+B and gets the attack throw? i've done it a few times, but i'm still confused on how/why it works.

Because the hit box for animation on B+K is wonky. Its slightly to the top left of her shoulder it seems and I guess Viola's A+B tilts the camera just enough that it hits.
Honestly I've found that every hit box issue Hilde has is due to the camera and her wonky auto-correct. This is also why she's got a OHKO. Her wonky auto-correct works against the opponent if they don't understand that her auto correct is GDLK, but uber exploitable. (Case and point, GI something and then CE with Hilde, then counter GI with the opponent. If you're too close the CE whiffs)

B+K is camera dependent.
The most reliable combo I've found is CH A+B DELAYED C2B (it looks like they stand up and it makes a funky ch type noise. if you get it you'd know) and then B+K at the right time should give animation.

Okay~ I'll try it out and see how it pans out :O

I just wish Hilde wasn't so watered down :(

Okay~ I'll try it out and see how it pans out :O

I just wish Hilde wasn't so watered down :(

if you got skill the combo will come. If you build skill the combos will come. I think she the least water'ed down character in the game. You have the freedom to combo MANY different ways. come at me bro.... lol just joshing

But seriously she is not water'd down

if you got skill the combo will come. If you build skill the combos will come. I think she the least water'ed down character in the game. You have the freedom to combo MANY different ways. come at me bro.... lol just joshing

But seriously she is not water'd down

Maybe it's just that way to me since I'm not really that good with her and I have trouble connecting her juggle combos. I mean, I got some of her basic combos down but I'm stilll awkward with holding buttons down.

Any advice on keeping the distance from Natsu?

I face her head on, dont charge A as much as you usually would. Your gona need it to punish natsu 6a. Basic tools to keep everyone out are aa,66k,bk,44b,3k,grab,AB no hold,2a(get good with this as a poke, it has longer range then it looks).

Vs natsu use alot of 66k, learn her frames and punish all the punishable stuff. I thinks thats the average persons problem. They dont know punishes. Makes sure you know what is safe and what is punishable. 2A hit backdash universal easy way out.

natsu 6a on block- hilde aa

natsu aab on block-hilde a( you can only get one A if your med screen)
These two punishes are essential to stoping natsu.

Hehe Im a natsu player who has started to pick up hilde!

your right about A:6, I belive its block value its i14
although somestimes it sort of wiffs and only 1 of the 3 hits hit
which is really annoying..

Anyway she can move in wtih moves like A+B, 66K, 66A and 66b.
be carefull of the (4) input that can be used with A+B and 66B though
and 66K is unsave on block..

so i've been landing C2B G 3B BE C2B pretty consistently. however, i've been having a tough time finishing after the 2nd C2B. what move should i do?

so i've been landing C2B G 3B BE C2B pretty consistently. however, i've been having a tough time finishing after the 2nd C2B. what move should i do?

hard for me to explain cause the timing changes depending on how high off the ground you hit with the 3b be. ugh i dont know if want to type this in the detail it needs to be. Jak i will show you online and you can save the replay. Maybe ill write something up too.

hard for me to explain cause the timing changes depending on how high off the ground you hit with the 3b be. ugh i dont know if want to type this in the detail it needs to be. Jak i will show you online and you can save the replay. Maybe ill write something up too.

sounds good. i've been kinda getting some of the C2B loop, but it seems really character/height dependent though.

I'm picking up hlide and I need help with C2B looping I'm having a very hard time doing it, I play on pad

I'm picking up hlide and I need help with C2B looping I'm having a very hard time doing it, I play on pad

(This is a repost of a post i made along time ago about how to c2b loop)
Ok so someone finally brought this up. The c2b whiffing after 22_88 b is BS. I think its a angle and a distance thing. Since 22_88 b is side stepping move you rarely hit dead straight on. Well some angles plus some distances make c2b whiff. The best solution i have found is to try to hit with 22_88 b straight on as much as possible. I complained about this a few weeks ago in a patches thread btw.
About the loop
Its harder on some character than others. One of the easiest is astaroth. One of the hardest is pyrra. With practice loop is always worth it. Its just vs characters like pyrra your c2b timing has to be dead on. I always use same method to do c2b loop. Some people i feel get lazy and try to juggle them at med height cause it works vs some characters. But the best way to c2b loop is
22_88 b-c2b-g-c2b(highest height)-g-c2b(lowest height)
Vs characters that are hard to loop you must use this pattern. Your missing the second c2b cause your not hitting at highest height.
EDIT: when i was still in learning stages of c2b loop i would use this variation of the loop vs hard to loop characters
22_88 b-c2b-g-3b be-g-c2b(lowest height)-g-c2b(highest height) repeat.
Hope this helps. Overall the most important thing to remember when using hilde is practice practice practice. She is one of the few character you can spend a good amount of training mode time on.
At this point when a possible patch could come and just erase the loop idk if its really worth learning.
(Another old post i made)
list of characters that cant be hit by 3b be-c2b-g-c2b

asty
nightmare
voldo
pyrrha
pyrrha omega

sieg
i also play om pad, right bumper A. right trigger B.
dug this up for you, sorry been busy would have replied sooner. Nice zwei btw :)

Back