I play sc4 weird .

Blossom

[09] Warrior
when i play i only use my middle finger and my index finger to press the regular ABKG buttons . and i rest the bottom part of my palm on the bottom right part of the controller just below the ABKG buttons . anyone else do this ?

I play with the A, B, and K buttons mapped to A, B, and Y buttons instead of the usual X, Y, and B config, and I put G as my RT. Does that make me weird?

My point is that whatever conveniences you and doesn't give you an unfair advantage is worth trying. If this is how you play, and you feel comfortable playing this way, then godspeed, have fun with it.

((Also, I should not be saying anything - I map A+B to my X button, Crit to my RB, SWT or B+K to my LB, and B+G to my LT. XD))

I use the claw method because it's most like using a stick, which I prefer to use. But I started using this grip back in the NES days for certain games.

^^^ agree'd, how can you possibly play an fps like this. maybe set the L.trigger for fire and X & B for strafe. i dont get it.

the vast majority of competitive Tekken players use this method, you're definitely not alone. Less so in Calibur, but Tekken smartly doesn't allow multiple shoulder binds, so.......

That's one method of playing fighting games. And you are not alone... Manta uses the same style as I saw during my first two tournaments in Elk Grove, California. Whatever gets the job done, go for it.

I have my house-elf push the buttons as I shout commands at him.

LOL!

i use the claw method too. i find it faster and more responsive somehow, but maybe i'm just used to it from arcade machines. only thing that sucks is breaking A throws is a bit more awkward. am i the only one who experiences this? and A+B+K is close to impossible to do reliably.

I use the claw method for Street Fighter and Guilty gear, oddly enough it's easier for me to do that in a 2Dfighter.

I use claw stance to play on a controller as does my boyfriend. I have very small/slim fingers so if I do try to play with my thumb, I can't actually hit two buttons together consistently.

This controller requires a claw method of sorts, if it gives you a better idea of what people are doing.
For the XBox360 I could see some advantages, like making slide inputs easier.
I still say that you're handicapping your potential a little bit by not using 2 programmable shoulder buttons.
But then, when using a PS3/XBox360 controller I've only seen button mashing scrub stars use the claw...

I was pretty fond of this controller in my Street Fighter days :)

Attachments

• Capcom-pad-SNES-1.jpg
    Capcom-pad-SNES-1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 108
Back