iGDR GUIDE and Move Discussion

trying to get a higher % execution success rate with iGDR... in practice mode the most common mistake I see in the input is that I have 2 then 1 then 4 and b at the same time, but it says I am holding 4. Has anyone had this problem and have a tip to correct this issue?

My timing is right, except that 4 is held too long. I find if I try to focus on not holding 4 (which I don't think I'm doing in the first place) then I seem to get 1b frequently. If I just try over and over rapid fire, then I'll get like, 1b 1b 1b 1b iGDR. Or if I go back to my original method I'll get Dread Charge, and look at the input and see that it was read as 21[4]b. Anyway, was this a problem for anyone else when they were learning? And what did you do to correct it?

I am able to execute iGDR maybe 20-30% of the time from the left, and slightly less from the right. This is in practice mode doing it over and over. In game, when I don't have very many iGDR attempts the percentage is higher, maybe 33-50% from the left.

i dont think it matters how long you input 4. Only thing which matters is WHEN you input b. If you input the B with the first input of 4 you should get iGDR, even if you keep holding 4.

What you need is:

---b

Or
---b

But NOT

-----b
2144444 This should leade to GDR.

This should lead to 1B:

-b

You dont even have to input 214 fast. this can be seen when you input 2221114, if you hit b with the 4 you get iGDR out of 8wayrunning.

Its all about hitting the b with the FIRST 4 you input. Got it?

^Word from one of the most consistent iGDRners in the business!

I would also like to add that it depends on your controller too. Some pads tend to stick to one side at a time and that screws your input big time. For instance, my pad tends to do that and during the end of each round I throw iGDRs to see which side the pad went with, if the pad is towards the left then that means I need to input iGDR softly (21:B as the pad register 4 when 1 is pressed lol) when I'm on the left side, and hard (Standard input) when on the right one. I'm on a Standard Xbox Controller and I think this is the case for people like me. Other than that, with practice and muscle memory you can lock on the execution to great success.

PS. Microsoft's pad sucks I know.

i dont think it matters how long you input 4. Only thing which matters is WHEN you input b. If you input the B with the first input of 4 you should get iGDR, even if you keep holding 4.

What you need is:

---b

Or
---b

But NOT

-----b
2144444 This should leade to GDR.

This should lead to 1B:

-b

You dont even have to input 214 fast. this can be seen when you input 2221114, if you hit b with the 4 you get iGDR out of 8wayrunning.

Its all about hitting the b with the FIRST 4 you input. Got it?

Hmmm, the practice input display shows that I am doing
---b
except the 4 is black, signifying that it was held, and the move doesnt come out
it is not the case that the display shows
----b
I read somewhere in the cervantes forum that you cannot hold the 4 or b? I don't remember which thread off hand though. But I'll take your word for it if you say that you think 4 can be held. I'll keep practicing

Yeah, doc is right about this. The secret of a successful iGDR is the crucial part of inputting 4 and B at the same frame. Nothing else matters.

Technically like the term implies, you are just inputting B at the very first Dread Charge frame, hence the term instant Geo Da Ray. Press B a frame late and you miss it. The DC motion can be done a bit slow and you will still get iGDR, as long as you press B and the very first DC frame and that's when you press 4.

---B
---Dread Charge

Hmmm, the practice input display shows that I am doing
---b
except the 4 is black, signifying that it was held, and the move doesnt come out
it is not the case that the display shows
----b
I read somewhere in the cervantes forum that you cannot hold the 4 or b? I don't remember which thread off hand though. But I'll take your word for it if you say that you think 4 can be held. I'll keep practicing

If the 4 is black, then you input b too late. When you input b the game has already read a second "4" input, hence the black 4. black 4 means 44 . This is what you do:

-----b

You input the b when the game has read a second 4 input due to the holding.

You need to hit the b earlier. Try to hit it with the 1, since you are usually late this might get you more iGDRs :)

talking bout pratice.

Thanks, your post helped. I was getting it much more consistently last night. It helps if I think of it like
2, and then 4+b
rather than quartercircleback+b, because the 1 will come inbetween the 2 and 4 regardless. So 2 "beats" instead of 3.
I'm still not getting it consistently enough, and I'm not sure the timing when to do it after 3b, but I'm noticing progress, anyway, in my 3rd night of attempts, so I am happy.

Also, where I used to be worse from the right, now I hit it more often from the right than I do from the left.

iGDR can't be buffered within a move so as soon as you see Cervantes fully recovered from 3B that's when you input iGDR. Same applies to all applications. You need get used to all recoveries.

T'was a joke oh short-tempered one. Also http://gyazo.com/6e860122f9320c67f5b2239e1721d9e2

Hates is indeed a jerk
kappa-png.22482

so to summarize, to do iGDR, make sure 4 and B happens at the same time,
the 2nd one and 3rd one need to be inputted only after he returns to neutral position
mixing up with other moves to learn to do it naturally

what is the trick with B+G and B+K and G cancel in case you screw up iGDR? I know if the timing is right, B+G and B+K will still get you iGDR, but if do it too fast, B+G gets you normal grab. doing it early with B+K will get me into unblockable which can be cancelled but after the unblockable cancel I goes right into DC which is screwed up.

I seem to have higher chance of success when I do it real fast for some reason. maybe my arcade sucks and reacts to my input that way? every time I slow it down I end up doing GDR or 1B

I wonder, has anyone mastered iGDR to the point were they use it as a reliable -18 and more punisher? And with -18 moves, I mean, Pyrrha/O 236B and Cervantes aB on block for example.

I wonder, has anyone mastered iGDR to the point were they use it as a reliable -18 and more punisher? And with -18 moves, I mean, Pyrrha/O 236B and Cervantes aB on block for example.
Hi.

I used to do that until I took a Borderlands 2 to my execution. I'll get it back though.

Hi.

I used to do that until I took a Borderlands 2 to my execution. I'll get it back though.

I used to be good at this game like you, But then I took a chain-torrenter to the internet.

Now everyone else is getting better and what do I get? Offline AI.

Is it just me or does BT B+K make them land near your feet more consistently after a 6B BE than after a DC B?

Is it just me or does BT B+K make them land near your feet more consistently after a 6B BE than after a DC B?
It is pretty much guaranteed after 6B BE. You have to delay it by quite a lot in order to get them to fly across the screen.

Back