Japanese offical artbook & guide .. Cassandra, Korean, Setsuka, side story

I doubt Kilik has anger issues, depression yes but anger, no.
Actually, Evil Seed had caused him and his weapon (as stated on his SC1 profile) to still be under the demonic influence after killing Xianglian. Under the help of Edge Master, Kilik was able to train himself into controlling his sanity with Dvapara-Yuga, which is now a necklace.

As of now, Xiba contains Kali-Yuga, while Leixia contains Dvapara-Yuga. With neither of them knowing what to do with them, nor knowing what is contained within Kali-Yuga, it can be believed that Xiba might fall to that same condition as well. This is unless Kilik, somehow, purified it's evil energy.

Not to mention the whole "evil energy" thing stated about Xi-Ba and his birth.

Sorry, I guess I didn't explained it clear. Xianghua gave birth to Kilik's child, and discovered that he was infected with the evil energy, as he inherited from Kilik. She asked Edgemaster for help, and he introduced Kong Xiuqiang to her, telling her to entrust the child to him. Trusting on the words of her father, she did so. Xiba is not mentioned by name, but since Kong is the one who raised and trained him, it's quite obvious he is the child in question.

What parts of the artbook are you after? I'll see if I can get some time to take more photos.

Right now, I'm really curious about the remaining relationship charts and all the text/sections around them. If you can get those, that'd be great.

No dude, I'm pretty sure it's the same guy that trained Xianghua.

Actually, he's right. There are two characters described in Xianghua's bio from Soulcalibur 3:

1. A retired general that lives in the Lotus Garden and allows skilled warriors to stay there to train. He let Xianghua stay thanks to Edge Master's letter, and was quite surprised at her request to stay and train (he thought her skills were more than enough as-is)

2. A man of exceptional skills the general has employed as an instructor. He noted the Ling-Sheng Su style in Xianghua's technique and became her sparring partner. He gave her a few advises that helped get her out of her depression and helped restore her confidence in her skills.

Wuxin is more than likely character #2, since he has not retired and is probably not that old (he's the heir of his family, after all)

Soooooooo, there's quite a bit of text on the pages with the charts, so I basically grabbed it all. Let me know if the quality on anything is too low, I kinda hurried through this.

IMG_0402.jpgIMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404-ul.jpgIMG_0405-ur.jpg
IMG_0406-dl.jpgIMG_0407-dr.jpg

IMG_0408-l.jpgIMG_0409-r.jpg

IMG_0410.jpgIMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414-l.jpgIMG_0416-r.jpg

IMG_0417-l.jpgIMG_0418-r.jpg

IMG_0419-l.jpgIMG_0421-r.jpg

IMG_0424.jpgIMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0427-l.jpgIMG_0426-r.jpg

IMG_0428-ul.jpgIMG_0429-ur.jpg
IMG_0430-dl.jpgIMG_0431-dr.jpg

IMG_0432-l.jpgIMG_0433-r.jpg
IMG_0434-dr.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg
IMG_0437-u.jpg
IMG_0438-l.jpg
IMG_0439.jpg
IMG_0443-u.jpgIMG_0444-d.jpg
IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0446-l.jpgIMG_0447-r.jpgIMG_0448-r.jpg
IMG_0449.jpgIMG_0451.jpg
IMG_0452-ul.jpgIMG_0453-ur.jpg
IMG_0454-dl.jpgIMG_0455-dr.jpg
IMG_0456.jpgIMG_0457.jpgIMG_0459.jpgIMG_0461.jpgIMG_0462.jpg
IMG_0463-l.jpgIMG_0466.jpg

It says Taki as the very first word in the text below it, but we need someone that can actually read Japanese to tell what it really says >.>

Who is that fox demon guy?! Is it Toki? Kunimitsu!?

Watching it seem obviously related to the fox god statue you see in Natsu stage
Maybe is teh demon sealed in her body?

Demon fox?
It sound fitting with the naruto bs they put on dat Taki replacement

Watching it seem obviously related to the fox god statue you see in Natsu stage
Maybe is teh demon sealed in her body?

Demon fox?
It sound fitting with the naruto bs they put on dat Taki replacement
You're right, I forgot about the statue. The art book has already shown Arahabaki as the spirit wrapped in multiple snakes. Now I'm really curious to know who this is. DLC armor please...?

Apparently, there's no mention of Cepheus or the shop girls at all. But since they were never really that involved in the whole "search for the cursed sword" plot, I'm pretty sure they are still doing their job at the store (and with the DLC store being named Cepheus, though shame they aren't there...)

A bit late, but I sincerely hope the wait was worth this one. Now, for those who were disappointed about Xianghua not revealing her parenthood to Xiba, maybe this wll help coping with it...

====
Leixia's mother and member of the Chai family, known for its military background.
Raised without a father, she was chosen from among the Emperor's bodyguards at a young age, and given the duty of searching for the "Sword of Heroes".
In the middle of her journey she met Kilik, and together with Maxi they finally reached
the "Sword of Heroes" Soul Edge. But this sword was nothing but a cursed blade that devoured souls. Joining forces with Kilik, Xianghua destroyed the cursed sword.

A few years later, she reunited and connected with Kilik, but he considered this the result of an unfortunate destiny, and eventually disappeared from Xianghua's side.

Returning to her homeland with a broken heart, she eventually came to the realization she was pregnant. However, her grandfather and patriarch of the Chai house was furious at this, as she was the second generation of women from such a distinguished family to bear the child of an unknown man. Xianghua was ordered to kill the child and marry into another family.

Knowing of her situation, Xianghua was rescued by the heir of the Yan family, Yan Wuxin. He discussed with Xianghua's grandfather and issued a condition for marrying Xianghua and not revealing the scandal, to allow the child to live.
====
There you go. Pretty interesting stuff, though poor X really got it hard...

The other character bios are, for the most part, old news, so to make things lighter on me I just decided to just list the most interesting factoids:

+ Wuxin once served as an instructor to Xianghua. He has great expectatives for his son Leixin to take up politics.
+ Leixin is very smart, able to attend university at only 13, but he's no good fighter (gets always beaten by Leixia).
+ Salia was originally very tomboyish, but started acting more woman-like after Sieg's disappearence, having realized how much he cared for him.
+ Georg has a few lines about his time as king: he was well-liked, and modernized the Wolfkrone army from its outdated system.
+ All three of Dampierre's lackeys get a specific task within his group: Ludovigo deals with the killings, Alphard deals with extortion and contraband and Gisele takes care of stealing and information gathering.
+ Durer has once instructed Hilde in swordplay.
+ Most of the Lizardmen who were free of the cult had died. A new cultist is taking care of research now, and apparently despite there being less individuals, new varieties of Lizardmen are appearing.
+ Ashlotte was originally tasked with retrieving Astaroth, but since she didn't got in time before Maxi took care of him, she just settled for his core.

That's mostly everything about the scans by now (there may be a few extra stuff for a later date, though). Sectus, I was wondering if you are going to be able to provide more of those excellent pics. I can understand if you can't or are too busy, I'm already plenty grateful for what you provided.

Any question for what's already there, feel free to ask.

Sorry for the late reply, but... WOW!!! I didn't expect Xianghua to suffer so much after Kilik left her that fateful night...! It really must've been hard for her.... o.O

Hmm.... So, unless I'm mistaken, does that mean that Leixia is Xiba's half sister? I mean, after all, she did have the same family name as Xianghua's husband, Wuxin. And Xianghua's situation also explains the reason why she didn't want Leixia to travel across the world and marry her off to someone else instead - she's afraid that her own daughter will end up in the same scenario, or worse!

Now that's just tragic, don't you agree...? :(

As for the rest of the tidbits of info that you've just added in addition to the above, Tuzark_melire, I also find them intriguing, too. Thanks again for your efforts! Looking forward to see what else does that book offer us (including the meaning of that Unicorn symbol that Sectus just posted earlier, too!).

...It really does suck that most of us will have to settle with the fact that Namco will never release this book outside of Japan, though.... ~_~

Sorry for the late reply, but... WOW!!! I didn't expect Xianghua to suffer so much after Kilik left her that fateful night...! It really must've been hard for her.... o.O

Hmm.... So, unless I'm mistaken, does that mean that Leixia is Xiba's half sister? I

Yes, Xiba and Leixia ARE siblings. I blame Kilik for what he put Xianghua through. *Still consoling Xianghua and wiping her tears away*

Epic Post of Epicness

Whoa, I wasn't expecting to be that much text, that's great! Thanks a lot for the help! I'll be entertained for a while with these one.

Oh, just to be sure, attachment 14631 doesn't work, atleast for me.

Is that a possessed version of Taki I see?

At a quick glance, it seems she's not Taki. It appears to be another Fu-Ma ninja who got possessed by Arahabaki during the mission where it broke free, before being forced into baby Natsu.

Now that's just tragic, don't you agree...? :(

Totally, she really got it rough. It's a shame these two will never be truly together, poor star-crossed lovers. ;_;

And thanks for the nice words :)

(including the meaning of that Unicorn symbol that Sectus just posted earlier, too!).

It appears to be the insignia of Graf Dumas (look closely and you can see it sorta looks like Nightmare's helmet/head)

That fox demon might actually be Arahabaki.

The text references Toki, at the very least. It's probably not Arahabaki, since that is seen as an entangled set of snakes. It's not his old form with Gel-O-Fury either, as it has an artwork in a previous page. So...maybe rumored-to-be-alive reborn Toki? Next game's boss/mid-boss?

Character request list thus far: Yoshimitsu, Viola, Z.W.E.I. and Raphael.

Back