Just Attacks

Just play on whatever you are comfortable with and but the techniques for doing just frames are easier on an arcade stick. You'll have find your own technique to try and get the just frame attacks down on the xbox pad (to fighting game community, pad generally means official controller or alternative which you hold in two hands). The thing is about pads is that there are always revisions with its design on each console it comes out (even,ps1 ps2 and ps3) while on stick, it its always consistent with how it feels and using it.

i have a few questions. first when doing (or attempting to do) jf twister sometimes i get FC 3B. am inputting the A too fast and its only registering B or something? and second when doing 2 jf twisters when can you start buffering the second one im usually getting the FC 3B when trying to do the second one so whats the deal? Last when can u start buffering the twister after 8A+B B im usually getting, again, FC 3B? I suspect its mainly bad execution. Thanks

also something useful i figured out from playing around idc if this is already known or not but for ag:B instead of sliding from a to g to b you just slide from a to g and then press A+B, B+K, B+G, or A+B+G if you have one of those mapped and you can still get the jf version of it and its a lot easier to do consistently sorry if that was old news.

also i heard that the inputs for apat are easier than they were for sets in iv if so would it be better to go to back to iv to learn these jfs then come back to v that way they wont be as much trouble. any truth to that?

Re: FC 3B.

This happens for two reasons.

Reason 1:
You really didn't press A. Sometimes you're in such a rush that you hit 2143B and miss A altogether when attempting the slide. Watch your inputs in training mode, and if you're sure you're consistently hitting 2143a:B, then...

Reason 2:
You're doing it too early. If you're buffering the 2143a:B motion out of the recovery of another move, you need to make sure you wait until you've recovered completely from that move before entering the a:B input. You can safely buffer the 214 a little before the first move has recovered completely, but if you start pressing buttons early (the 3a:B part), you might press A before the animation recovers, and end up buffering a 2143B.

Make sure you wait until the first move recovers completely (you can buffer 214 somewhere in here), and then immediately do your button input once you're back in neutral. Start the slide input early, and you're likely to get 2143B instead.

Ok thanks for answering ill be sure to practice that when i get on. One more thing regarding learning aPat when should i start trying to learn his combos? I would assume only after you have the jf's down pat. Im eager to start working on his combos but i would think i need to get the jf's down better

So, how important are these just frames to A-Pat's game?

And out of the ones he has, which ones do you HAVE to have? Does he have alternatives in combos that give somewhat comparable damage?And most importantly, can A-Pat be competitive without them?

It kinda sucks the just frame on sakura twister seems to be the most useful, since it's also the hardest. FC 3B:B has to be the easiest by far. I'm not even gonna touch the AgB just frame.

from what little ive played i would say you absolutely need jf twister and then i would say 1B:B and FC 3B:B are the next most used 2. and ag:B is actually pretty easy to pull off as well ill quote myself from an earlier post "...instead of sliding from a to g to b you just slide from a to g and then press A+B, B+K, B+G, or A+B+G if you have one of those mapped..." ive been able to do the normal version of ag:B 100% like this and with a little practice on speed/timing the jf version is very doable. it is a very good move. To quote someone else on its uses besides starting obvious combos on launched opponents "...aGB is used as a whiff punisher on close range, 120 DMG is the point of this move. Also it has a TC, so you can evade Throws and Highswith this". BT B+K:B is incredibly easy to pull off also but its not used much and from my experiences 1A:A :A is used like a random low mixup to surprise people. i hope this helped

Villainous: You will be missing his most important punish tool/OTG (JF Twister), safest mid combo starter (1B:B), and an essential combo tool (214/FC 3B:B) if you try playing him without just frames.

They are mandatory, and he's not even worth playing without them. 1A: A: A is less essential, but still very useful, and BT B+K:B is only a niche tool, but is still very useful to have command of.

A non-JF Alpha has about as much chance of being successful as an Astaroth player who doesn't know how to throw.

So I played SCBD on my PSP between my breaks between my classes and I'm starting to get the hang of the JF even more, especially :1::A:::A:::A: . My only concern is that the timing may be a bit different in SC5 but then a gain, I heard that Patsuka's JFs are a bit easier this time around, can anybody confirm?

And coming back to :1::A::A::A:, Setsuka chanting out "hitotsu, futotsu, mitsu" was the main reason why I'm able to perform it with a little bit more ease, will using Patsuka's chants still be a way to help me? Or is it a bit more difficult relying on it?

ive been playing it too between weekends (only time i can play scv) and i was told that the inputs are the same timing and it does feel that way having just played scv yesterday and playing BD today. although i will say i do think that jf umbrella on BD is easier than jf twister because the buttons on the psp are closer together.

Tried out Patsuka on pad for the first time today and WTF, I'm getting JFs here and there and I'm landing Twister more often. Still need to work on :1::A:::A:::A: since his chants can't be used as an effective audio cue like his master's, as well as JF Twister, but other than that, I'm surprised at how consistent I was compared to all my work on the stick.

I really think I may stick to pad for Patsuka, must be all the work I did on Setsuka on BD.

Tried out Patsuka on pad for the first time today and WTF, I'm getting JFs here and there and I'm landing Twister more often. Still need to work on :1::A:::A:::A: since his chants can't be used as an effective audio cue like his master's, as well as JF Twister, but other than that, I'm surprised at how consistent I was compared to all my work on the stick.

I really think I may stick to pad for Patsuka, must be all the work I did on Setsuka on BD.
"stick to pad" no pun intended? thats funny cus i've been advised to switch to stick for alpha patroklos (thats his name)

A few things...

1. I'm picking up aPat after being a Yoshi main and I find his JFs are easy to transition to coming from Yoshi's iMCF and Earslicer JFs. I was actually surprised at how similar they are. Makes me wonder why people complain about aPat's execution, but not Yoshi's. -_-

2. While I'm getting most of the JFs down, I'm having trouble with ag:B. I can get the normal version without a problem, but what's the timing on the JF variant? Do I need to JF the B, the A slide G, all three inputs...?

3. Any way we can get the OP updated with all of the information in this thread? I know what I've asked has probably been asked before, but going through 7 pages of info is pretty tedious.

@Dr. Dogg

Your 2nd question has been answered and the best thread for collective Alpha Pat information is his general strat. thread. That is were most of the information is gathered to the 1st post.

In regards to ag:B as long as you do input all the buttons within 4 frames then you should always get the JF version. I personally slide ag: and then tap/slide B

Alpha Patroklos has seven just frames:

- 214~3B : B : BE
- ag:B
- 1A : A : A
- 214~3a:B
- 1B:B
- 214~3B:B
- BT B+K:B

Under your criteria sort them in descending difficulty.

Example:

1 - ag:B
2 - 1A : A : A
3 - 1B:B
4 - BT B+K:B
5 - 214~3B : B : BE
6 - 214~3B : B
7 - 214~3a:B

It's just a diagnostic test.

For ag:B, slide ag and then quickly B, which I've mapped to my right trigger.

I'm still having difficulty finding the timing for 1A:A : A, 1B:B I can do no problems.

Also, still have consistency problems with 2143a:B.

He has 6, but you forgot BT B+K:B and i wouldn't count the BE version of 3B:B because its no harder than normal.

That said-
1. ag:B Fuck this move
2. 1A: A:A
3. 1B:B
4. JFT
5. 3B:B
6. BT B+K:B

Back