Lost Swords

If its any consolation, I once paid $100 for a lap dance from this beautiful stripper in a private room. I didn't get to "keep" anything but it was fun while it lasted... Not that this experience has any bearing on this game but in terms of what you do with your money, well that's your business. Some things in life can be "priceless" =D

(...but still there is no way in hell I pay $90 for a single DLC character...)

Luckily I play Mitsu and he's on everything. BUT if for some reason Mitsu wasn't included at launch and I'm having to watch all these other characters use all this new flashy shit I'd pay double that to not only see but get to use my character with something new.

You could pay 44 million dollars for this painting. Someone did. http://features.insing.com/feature/...ne-sells-for-nearly-us44-million/id-f4743f00/
pc_600x450.jpg

In a land of freedom, you can do anything you want with your money. Everyone has their reasons for buying or not buying a virtual character for 90$. Mine just involves not supporting blatantly greedy -everyone's a walking credit card and they'll buy cuz they're our fans- perspective which is why I'd never buy into it. :>

If I have to think of it this way, money is used to buy stuff you want=stuff you want makes you happy. Doesn't matter to me whether's it's physically real or virtual. That's not my point. I've spent money on a virtual card game on my cellphone before. My point is the PRINCIPLE that lies behind the purchases. For ex, a great game comes out with everything I want and then DLC is announced, hell yea I'd buy it. I want to support the great efforts from the developers. But if the game was incomplete and being sold to me on pieces and pieces of disc locked DLC or future expansion to bleed out my wallet, fudge that I ain't buying. I dislike practices like that and if I buy, it just means I support the trend in the future.

SC:Lost Bullshizz has no value besides it's giant nostalgia glasses. Which is now being sold to players at an incredibly insane level. What other games sell ONE CHARACTER FOR NEARLY 100$. There are soooooooo many great games coming out this October, and Bamco has the audacity to make this move. It's insane! I know for FACT that all of you here, including those who bought mina for 90$, would prefer to have it cost maybe 10-20$. No one is gonna go "No! We wanna buy our chars for 100 instead of 20! Wanna show our loveeeee." >=(

In conclusion, go spend money on what makes you happy but think about the principles on which you're paying for it. Support greedy companies. Go buy AP potions. Buy those tacky S-ranked items that's badly designed but gives +10000 health or something. Buy S-ranked weapons to dominate the ranking. Keep on buying peeps. You're the ones feeding those corrupts people who'll only be too happy to keep bleeding out your wallet.
;) It's not my money so I don't really give a fig anyhow. I'll just be with the rest who won't buy to boycott this dumb practice.

A game fails if no one plays it. If the developers wants it to succeed, they need the players and will have no choice but to listen. There is no denying that many ppl are very unhappy with this. If you're happy, congratulations! :D

Two things:

1. Ultimately, supporting the franchise is important. If Lost Swords dies, most likely Soul Calibur dies. You may not agree with this particular kind of support, but I can't call it out, either.

2. You should not get between a man and his waifu.

Enough complains about shaddy business practice, I don't think everyone agrees that a character in any game should cost 90 dollars, but if some people are willing to pay that much, its not really your business either.

Instead we should discuss something we can agree on...like Mina movesets. From very limited and short times I tried Mina via the ally system, it seems she retained most of her sc4 moveset, and combined a bunch of them together. Her SC4 framedata is pretty terrible though, did she get "better" in LS? I saw her lvl 20 weapon with only 170 damage, that's very much on the low end. She might not be a "strong" character in you ever interested in ranking.

Enough complains about shaddy business practice, I don't think everyone agrees that a character in any game should cost 90 dollars, but if some people are willing to pay that much, its not really your business either.

Instead we should discuss something we can agree on...like Mina movesets. From very limited and short times I tried Mina via the ally system, it seems she retained most of her sc4 moveset, and combined a bunch of them together. Her SC4 framedata is pretty terrible though, did she get "better" in LS? I saw her lvl 20 weapon with only 170 damage, that's very much on the low end. She might not be a "strong" character in you ever interested in ranking.

It's hard to compare across the different types of games, but I would say that this is better. Without going into too much detail, you have no tip range properties to worry about as well as moves that don't have to be performed from crouch anymore. All lows except 2K knockdown, and 66A always stuns. If this version Mi-na was tailored for a competitive game, it would be a step in the right direction.

Anyway, these are the best combos I can come up with at the moment. If anyone knows of something better please feel free to correct my current findings:

BBB > 1B
6BB > 1B
6AK > 66KK > A+B
B+K > 66B+K > 44B+K
6B+K > 6AK > 66KK > A+B
3B > 66B > 66B+K > 44B+K
Tip 3B > 66B > 1B
2BB > 66B > 1B
1KK > 6AK > 66KK > A+B
66A > 66B+K > 44B+K

I left a bunch of others out, but this is what I mostly use.

you can add a hit or two to some of those ...

22k, 44b, 66b+k, 44b+k
1kk, 6ak, 6k, 66a, 44b, 66b+k, 44b+k, 1b [1b not guaranteed, but usually hits]

I also usually spam 6k like crazy bc it auto gi's into stun lol

for cpu cheese, just spam 1b, 1b, 1b, 1b, 1b, 1b, 1b, .....

Can I just say that the EXP Drakes are a GODSEND because I've reaped sooooo much exp and my Pyrrha is almost level 30 :D I'll be ready for whenever Amy is available again.

If its any consolation, I once paid $100 for a lap dance from this beautiful stripper in a private room. I didn't get to "keep" anything but it was fun while it lasted... Not that this experience has any bearing on this game but in terms of what you do with your money, well that's your business. Some things in life can be "priceless" =D

(...but still there is no way in hell I pay $90 for a single DLC character...)

I feel you on this, and hopefully you were doing the same. Still wouldn't spend that much on a DLC character though.

Everybody knows what they were getting into when Lost Swords was announced as a F2P game, and it's up to you to decide whether you get enough enjoyment out of the game to spend money on it. But on the levels of shady business practices, I've seen much shadier, and if they made a game that sucked, then nobody would spend money on it plain and simple.

I wouldn't spend that much on a single character, but if the game gave me $90 worth of enjoyment, then I would spend that much money on it.

Two things:

1. Ultimately, supporting the franchise is important. If Lost Swords dies, most likely Soul Calibur dies. You may not agree with this particular kind of support, but I can't call it out, either.

2. You should not get between a man and his waifu.

Supporting Calibur is important, but I don't agree with people stating that the series will live or die based on how Lost Swords does, or the monetization in Lost Swords will transfer over to the next game. Lost Swords is still a F2P experiment using mostly existing assets, and who knows what the future holds. But at least there's still a future for this series.

you can add a hit or two to some of those ...

22k, 44b, 66b+k, 44b+k
1kk, 6ak, 6k, 66a, 44b, 66b+k, 44b+k, 1b [1b not guaranteed, but usually hits]

Ok, I'm seeing the pattern here. So....44B into 66B+K keeps them stunned on the ground and then finish it off with 44B+K. Pretty sure the 1KK combo you listed also works if you start it with 6B+K. 1B only works if the CPU decides to tech or not. Interesting stuff, thanks.

Finding the sweetspot $ per character low enough to entice more people to buy chests seems like a science itself.
My gut feeling is $90 seems unsustainable if we are considering this to be the norm for unlocking all other SCLS characters, but I also am aware that there are some free-to-play games where a small pool of people have spent thousands while the majority of the players do not spend anything.

Does Tekken revolution have a pay-to-unlock ?

Ok, I'm seeing the pattern here. So....44B into 66B+K keeps them stunned on the ground and then finish it off with 44B+K. Pretty sure the 1KK combo you listed also works if you start it with 6B+K. 1B only works if the CPU decides to tech or not. Interesting stuff, thanks.

hm ya. .. I really don't like using 6b+k tho ... the tracking is garbage and it's high.

1kk actually has some really good tracking ... and goes under highs haha

I'm able to beat extreme ses pretty easily just spamming 1kk / 6k combos with some 1b mashing from time to time

Finding the sweetspot $ per character low enough to entice more people to buy chests seems like a science itself.
My gut feeling is $90 seems unsustainable if we are considering this to be the norm for unlocking all other SCLS characters, but I also am aware that there are some free-to-play games where a small pool of people have spent thousands while the majority of the players do not spend anything.

It's 5 USD per character in Tekken Revolution, which is pretty darn cheap compared to Mina.
I hope Mina's price isn't a desperate attempt to make Lost Swords profitable. There's better ways they can monetize the game.

Well,paying the $90 dollar(or $120 for me),gives you 6 guaranteed rank s or higher items and 30 guaranteed rank a or higher equipment alongside Mi-Na as a consolation.
TR does have the pay to unlock,but its optional as grinding gift points gives a random character unlock at 30,000 point intervals(this increases once yo cross 400,000).Though,its much cheaper considering spending only $95 gets you all the available characters(plus you have to farm 8000 gift points which is very easy).

Also i think that compared to the production and maintenance cost of scls,namco is earning a lot more on revenue

In the end it doesn't matter about what you spend your money on, It's whether you enjoy it or not. If we bought stuff based upon whether we support greedy companies or not no money will be spent on anything. For example don't by anime figurines or memorabillia, you're supporting greedy mainstream companies. Don't buy sports jerseys, you're supporting greedy sports conglomerates. everyone spends money on things that other people will consider stupid or insane, but as long as you enjoy it, it doesn't matter. I spend alot of money on anime,comics, sports,games and art. Most people would consider that a waste of money and time, but I love it, so it doesn't matter. If you like Mina(which I do) and you can afford it (which I can't) and you want to buy her. Me, personally, If they offered nude versions of the females, I definitely would pay $90 for my faves. (Mina, Cassandra, Taki, sadly, Viola's not available)

Back