Lost Swords

3450mev.jpg

She still looks okay but some of the finer details are on the more simpler side. However, it looks a bit more "flat" IMO. The same goes for Sophitia when you compare her looks in SCLS vs SC4. Still you get what you get. (I don't want to say "It is what it is" - been hearing that all week at work - sick and tired of that tag line).
One reason parts of the model looks better in SC4 is because it's a 1P model compared to a CAS model, so there's a lot of shading which is "baked" into the textures. It is interesting to compare them side by side. Skin shading is one thing where SC5 is so much better.

I think SC: LS Taki looks quite a bit better ingame rather than in the CAS editor.
2013-12-07_22-11-34m7kbt.jpg

2013-12-07_22-11-52aijd1.jpg

I prefer SCLS/SCV textures. I wasn't a big fan of SC4 graphics. SC4 has a more realistic style, while SCV/SCLS has more anime style, which I like more.

SoulCalibur Lost Swords arrives this Tuesday in North America, per the PlayStation Blog. You've been warned.
Yeah... I'm not sure how happy people will be with the distorted, mangled corpses of their old favourites, as well as the new.
They might share their names, they might share their animations, but Lost Swords is barely a Soulcalibur game.

I seriously tried to like the game as much as SoulCalibur V. Very doubtful anything was lost on translation but we'll see...

That said, I'm a bit disappointed there hasn't been any sort of noise from Bandai Namco. It comes out this Tuesday and nothing but tumbleweeds. Like they're so ashamed of the game and are releasing it under the radar PURPOSELY.

It takes someone like me who was letdown by the game, to be the one announcing its arrival.

Back