Maxi General Q&A

Well That's a relief since he has one very readable low for almost each stance. Seriously we need either 3B+K or 2A+B or its going to be a lot of grabbing from me. Or just make 3A+K faster and safe.

FC 3AAA still seems pretty great, and it has tracking properties now so i think that's going to be Maxi's go-to low, maybe 1A every so often, though I'm iffy on that stance ending.

I guess since it transitions so fast it is going to be the go to low. Seeing maxi go into crouch from nuetral enough might get them low blocking for once so we can land that new WS old LI B.

Well I dusted off my old SC4 and put it I my PS3 since I starting to get ideas. At this time the left side throw seems to be the only clean way I cab think of to get a guaranteed "BE, BL,K,K" since it ends in BL.

So I started messing around with 33_99B and on regular hit (in SC4) you can delay the first K so that it hits grounded. So I'm wondering if "33_99B->BL, BE, BL, (delayed)K,K" will work?. Or is it not possible to delay the first K due to there not being enough time/frames after activating the BE?. I'm thinking that the first K has to hit grounded as to simulate what happened in steam (where the Nightmare player could not AC).

That's what I'm saying. I remember in the kayane interview he did it and the agi like you said looked constant. No way would they have taken it out after that build. Maybe the input is A+B. But I just want to find out how quick it activates vs certain moves and it is more effective.

I mostly want PSL 3 for mind games and stance shifting. But having it still have GI properties would just be a bonus!!

HRD

Welcome to the SCV Maxi General Q&A Discussion​

This is the place to discuss/ask anything SCV Maxi related (combos, tech trap, frame data etc.)​
Everything except story talk (go here for that) is all open for discussion​

HRD​

I don't think hotnikklez is referring to the command for PSL3 being the same, it obviously isn't if Maxi veterans who were able to play SC5 couldn't figure out how to do it. I think Blaze is saying that the PSL3 shift properties are probably the same. It probably still only auto GIs horizontal mids and the startup frames on the aGI are also probably unchanged. Now that we have a better B+K aGI the PSL3 aGI doesn't matter so much but now with the differences in SC5 it just might.

As combos are discovered, feel free to add/discuss them here. They will be added to the Combo Listing thread shortly after they are posted.

Please post combos using the notation or arrow key/button symbols.

Definition of Combo

A Combo is a series of attacks that if hit in the manner described cannot be escaped by the opposing player as long as they are performed correctly.

Escaping means Air Control, Blocking, Techrolling, Stun Shaking or other means of avoiding being hit.

Moves used after one another in sequence are not combos, those are strings or chains.

Note that tech catches are not combos either, and should be posted in the Maxi Tech Trap Discussion Thread. The followups hits (if any) are considered a combo however.

All combos listed in this discussion will be added to the Maxi Combo List and are subject to testing by SA mods before being put there. If possible, please test them yourself before posting them.

Also if possible, please post a damage listing for the combo. If the damage varies (such as in the case of a combo that hits whether the opponent techs or not), post both damages, noting the conditions under which the damage is different.

Back