Maxi General Q&A

I don't think hotnikklez is referring to the command for PSL3 being the same, it obviously isn't if Maxi veterans who were able to play SC5 couldn't figure out how to do it. I think Blaze is saying that the PSL3 shift properties are probably the same. It probably still only auto GIs horizontal mids and the startup frames on the aGI are also probably unchanged. Now that we have a better B+K aGI the PSL3 aGI doesn't matter so much but now with the differences in SC5 it just might.

I hope at the very least its up to BD standards. I think in that they made the gaps between GI's less, and tacked on GI frames to the other stances leading up to RO-LO loop from PSL3

ok so we have a good oppurtunity to get a few move list questions answered. SCV will be at NEC for a playable demo, and the players are willing to test things out for us.

Ive allready got "Wheres PSL3" on my list. Along with "where are the good pokes" & "whats a standing B look like", but id like to get an idea of what you guys want to!!

throw it up here yall!!

HRD

standing B looks like SC4 standing B.
I think everybody's requests now will be ALL the loops shifts, how much has changed.

Isnt that a pretty deep study? I think it roughly goes......

You got like 2 matches to play with, then the next group comes in. Or something like that. So in depth study wont be easy

I figured that was the case. That's why I'm going to try to get out there.

I should have an answer around Mid-November.

I hope they drop off a copy of SC5 at this upcoming So Cal Regionals.

I also feel a little sad that 6A+B lost its range. My "6A+B Punishment Thread" for SC5 won't be the same. :(

Dont worry boys, im discussing it with my wife now. Looks like she wants to come with me, so I'm going.

Dont even worry about a list, you know i will get to everything that is yet to be found, and i will have my wife tape the shit on my phone. First thing i will do is try 236B then i will get to everything else.

Dont worry boys, im discussing it with my wife now. Looks like she wants to come with me, so I'm going.

Dont even worry about a list, you know i will get to everything that is yet to be found, and i will have my wife tape the shit on my phone. First thing i will do is try 236B then i will get to everything else.

LOL I love the 'try 236B first then everything else'. I'd say don't get your hopes up though :( Doubt we'll ever see that move return to it's SC2 glory days. I miss using that move in SC2, standing way out of range and waiting for them to whiff anything and then mash that fireball motion out as fast as I can.

I also feel a little sad that 6A+B lost its range. My "6A+B Punishment Thread" for SC5 won't be the same. :(

Lol, it wouldn't have been the same anyways. Frames change from game to game.

And i don't really think getting the old 236B matters much anymore now that we got 66b.

So Cal Regionals? Already? The game hasn't been released yet.

Yea 236B was just my style. Mid range characters with long ass 1 A's had to think twice and it was my go to move against X's 44B Mitsu 4B, basically any backstepping. The move is special to me and I have to keep hope.

Also give me ideas of different things to try or setups you can think of. I have to fit a lot into these two supposed matches.

I think 11B is the replacement for 236B. 11B had insane range, not sure if it is AS insane, but its data has improved drastically according to Saitoh....and it can be charged as well. Sounds solid.

I'm predicting, judging the way others play, Maxi is going to be predictable. His stances will always lead to something and lean away from improvised attacks. My gut feeling.

What would make him unpredictable you think? Maxi has never really had great mixups from his stances...what he was good at is forcing people to react to him, and he had the tools to hit them hard when they tried. That ability got weaker with every iteration somewhat, and the poorer frame data compounded the suckiness. Predictability to me shouldn't be too much of an issue and is usually a fault of the player itself (most of the time at least).
The current game mechanics lead toward even further forcing them to react to him, because GI now requires meter and persistent blocking builds Maxi's meter.

Back