[Montreal, Quebec, Canada] Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys ! I'm not a huge forum fans, but I'm still checking this website from time to time. As Boystyle said, me and 2 other players started playing SSF4:AE until the next SC was confirmed. If you are willing to play some SC matches, I'm always up to it ! Foonzo can setup a station with any game we ask (they have SC4) and they have SC1 too. I'm normally going to Foonzo every Thursday around 3h30-4h. As for the SC scene in MTL, we are hoping to get more people interested with the next game, but we can't promise anything on that ! Most tournament are normally occurring at Foonzo, I'm hoping we can organize a tournament at the launch of the game there !

As for SC5, I'll definitely be playing Yoshimitsu once again, Mitsurugi and probably trying Viola (though she looks a bit complicated).

Hey, welcome to our thread Naizaki! Hope you get used to this Forum. Surely SSF4:AE is the super star in MTL, I played Blazblue when i taked an hiatus of Soul Calibur. Now im back to Soul Calibur! Thank you for inform us(I think it is just me) about Foonzo, I did not know about Foonzo Cafe having station and that they have Sc4.Does it cost money?

Nope it doesn't, though you need to buy drinks, food or other stuff. So you could technically buy a coke and stay 4h if you want... As for the station, most of them are setup with arcade stick and SSF4:AE, Marvel and other game, but if you ask the guy at the counter, you can ask to get SC4 setup at a station and they even have some station where you can plug a controller (they can lend you one if you need). I normally prefer bringing my controller, but it's up to you ! Additionally, Foonzo is downtown (near Peel or Bonaventure metro station) which make it a perfect location for going after work !

Btw, I'm an old SC fan since Soul Calibur 1, but I have played competitively since SC4 (went to EVO, France, Toronto). I had no major win or anything, but hey, the fun is always there ^^ So when SC5 is there, I'll definitely start playing a lot more, so I am more then happy to see people interested to play the game !

P.S.: I'm also a big Doa fan. I like VF but no one plays here anyway... As for other fighter, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Blazblue, Tekken, I play a bit, but I'm not super good at them !

Nope it doesn't, though you need to buy drinks, food or other stuff. So you could technically buy a coke and stay 4h if you want... As for the station, most of them are setup with arcade stick and SSF4:AE, Marvel and other game, but if you ask the guy at the counter, you can ask to get SC4 setup at a station and they even have some station where you can plug a controller (they can lend you one if you need). I normally prefer bringing my controller, but it's up to you ! Additionally, Foonzo is downtown (near Peel or Bonaventure metro station) which make it a perfect location for going after work !

Btw, I'm an old SC fan since Soul Calibur 1, but I have played competitively since SC4 (went to EVO, France, Toronto). I had no major win or anything, but hey, the fun is always there ^^ So when SC5 is there, I'll definitely start playing a lot more, so I am more then happy to see people interested to play the game !

P.S.: I'm also a big Doa fan. I like VF but no one plays here anyway... As for other fighter, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Blazblue, Tekken, I play a bit, but I'm not super good at them !

Naizaki! Im a HUGE VF fan!!! So you can count on me to try to build a VF community also. :D

the nearest metro station for me his Longueuil(Yellow), but my girlfriends live at Radisson(Green). So Yes a perfect location.

Cool to know that you are a Veteran at Soul Calibur. When Soul Calibur 5 comes out, I will start playing more Competitively and when the day finnaly comes out (Ill say after New year), gather meet ups to play with other Fellow MTL Sc players.

Now my only games that I play is Soul Calibur 4 but one of my friend is trying to make me buy King of Fighters 13 for Boxing day. I will probably try UFC undisputed 3.

Hey we can meet up and play some SC4 if people are interested. We tried to build a SC community back in the day, but there were only 4 of us.

Nice so that makes 6 of us with a friend or too of mine making 8. Lets keep this up. Ill be up after the holidays but i haven't played SC since maybe early 2009. I'm definitely gonna be horrible but i got to get back into it. :D

A bientot j'espere. :D

Nice shit Broken. Nice to see montreal people showing more and more interest in SC V.

BTW did you guys watch the Daishi stream this morning. The stream was pretty much boring except for the Aeon gameplay which was simply awesome. Aeon looks really really good. They removed his crawling stance but he still has a bunch of the crawling stance moves so you don't depend on the stance anymore to do those. Those firebreathing combo's are awesome too. :D Anyways im really looking foward to Viola, Aeon, Nightmare and Yoshimitsu. Yoshi 66k is back and it looks like FC 3Kwhich is back too is high crusher ( not sure tough).

Soul Calibur V really looks amazing!!!

I'll be at Foonzo with naizaki today so if you guys wanna come and play some SC we're down. Otherwise we'll be playing SF4.

I can't make it tonight but to be honest, if i did i would have played UMVC3. Pre nemesis i'm still gonna concentrate on Marvel cause i wanna do well in that tourney. When SC V comes out i'm switching to SC V has my main game. I haven't played SC since febuary 2009 XD. But hey if i come after the holidays i might start picking up SC IV a bit in order to not be that rusty in V. :D

Yeah, The Community gets growing! Keep telling that we are getting the Soul Calibur up and going!

oh and Brokengunnerz is one of my friend playing SC since 2009 but we had a long hiatus.

I've just saw a bit of the stream (archive), though it is super laggy... Anyway, Yoshimitsu can connect his Brave Edge way too easily, sounds a bit too powerful to me... Manji Fist still there btw And it seems there are more variation and cancel for stance, which looks awesome !!! Either way, I'm getting the day off when SC5 is out, so I can get as much playing time as possible haha. I really hope they don't screw up my expectations !

As for Boystyle, he's a hater, call us to organize some matches instead of staying hidden in your corner ^^

I've just saw a bit of the stream (archive), though it is super laggy... Anyway, Yoshimitsu can connect his Brave Edge way too easily, sounds a bit too powerful to me... Manji Fist still there btw And it seems there are more variation and cancel for stance, which looks awesome !!! Either way, I'm getting the day off when SC5 is out, so I can get as much playing time as possible haha. I really hope they don't screw up my expectations !

As for Boystyle, he's a hater, call us to organize some matches instead of staying hidden in your corner ^^
You mean is critical edge i suppose. Brave edge are the SC version of Ex moves. About Manji its supposed to be quite easier to do now. Which is a good thing for people not used to it. From what i saw of his stances their basically the same so if you saw something please share the knowledge :D About the Critical edge when it does insane damage it means it didn't combo. Its low so maybe the player was just not blocking it right. FC 3K seems to be fully high crush now :D and 66A can BE i think.

Anyways he his indeed looking pretty good. :D Can't wait for January 31. :D

Yeah Critical Edge, my bad for not finding the good word. In the video, he's always doing 22K which normally trigger a knockdown in SC4 and he is doing the Critical Edge right after (maybe it's hitting the player on the ground or there is no knockdown anymore and it's a stun ?). In the first Yoshimitsu trailer, the player is doing 66A (which seems to do 2 hits now for no reason) and Critical Edge right after. Normally 66A trigger a recoverable stun in SC4. If both of these moves can be used to combo into Critical Edge, it looks way too powerful in my opinion... Critical Edge was supposed to be a come back factor, but in Soul Calibur, it's easy to use this move either as a punish for an unsafe move or to combo it.

If Manji Fist is easier to do, I'll be the first one to be happy about that ! I hated the input for it...

The 66A second hit is a Brave Edge ( it takes meter ) like i said. The 22k should in fact work but when its comboed damage isnt as high from what i saw. And CE is more like a super than an Ultra. Its fills as you hit and not get hit only. They are also usually not that fast so as long as you dont play stupidly they wont punish with it without comboing into it first. But i do admit i have this slight fear of abusable supers. But with all the footage i saw i have a pretty positive opinion of it. As does about everyone who tried the game.

My point is. Lets all believe in SC V its gonna be just fine . Merry F@ckin X-mas to all of you guys if i don't come back tomorrow. :D

Hey guys just want to mention that feel free to make a MTL Player/Character thread to have stickied if you want. That way it can give everyone an idea of the size and character usage of the MTL community. :)

This is a pretty good idea OOF. I don't think MTL is really big as of now but with me and my selling skills ( Loud mouth is probably more appropriate) you can rest assured that new players will join us.

Anyways i think ill do that. Let me just get the information out of everyone. :D So guys please message me who do you play or wanna play in SC V. I can understand experienced people having 2 mains but not more than 2 okay?!!! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back