New Artwork and Assets from GamesCom 2011

• Admin
As GamesCom 2011 continues in Cologne, Germany, Namco continues their steady release of new information and artwork. While a few select Europeans are getting the chance for a first hands on with the game itself... (curse you, Kayane!) we're stuck here with screenshots and artwork only!

Images after the break... Oh Voldo... Why so Sexy?

hilSC5art1.jpg hilSC5cg1.jpg sc5_pub_skt_hilde02.jpg maxSC5art1.jpg maxSC5cg1.jpg maxSC5art2.jpg
tirSC5art1.jpg tirSC5cg1.jpg tiraSC5art2.jpg volSC5art1.jpg volSC5cg1.jpg volSC5art2.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_hilde1_005.jpg sc5_pub_ss_hilde1_007.jpg sc5_pub_ss_hilde1_siegfried1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_maxi1_002.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_maxi1_004.jpg sc5_pub_ss_maxi1_natsu1_000.jpg sc5_pub_ss_maxi1_natsu1_007.jpg sc5_pub_ss_maxi1_natsu1_009.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_tira1_002.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira1_009.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira1_pyrrha1_000.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira1_pyrrha1_009.jpg sc5_pub_ss_voldo1_000.jpg sc5_pub_ss_voldo1_002.jpg sc5_pub_ss_voldo1_ivy1_005.jpg sc5_pub_ss_voldo1_ivy1_008.jpg
sc5_pub_stg_fortress_000.jpg sc5_pub_ss_hilde1_siegfried1_009.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira1_011.jpg sc5_pub_stg_roma_001.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I like that new Germany stage. Festive Market Square, hurray!

So it appears that Hilde's now part of Schwarz Wind, Siegfried's Mercenary Company. Guess Wolfkrone exiled her or fell apart over the years. Oh well, should be an interesting Siegfried's and Hilde's dynamics and interactions as they both lead the new company.

I forgot to note in my previous post that the stages are absolutely breathtaking. I love the castle stage. I wonder if we'll see people walking around in the background?

Yes yes everyone wants to see so and so back but seriously.....we need Raphael back so lets see my favorite rapier wielding vampire again :D

I concur, good sir.

I like that new Germany stage. Festive Market Square, hurray!

So it appears that Hilde's now part of Schwarz Wind, Siegfried's Mercenary Company. Guess Wolfkrone exiled her or fell apart over the years. Oh well, should be an interesting Siegfried's and Hilde's dynamics and interactions as they both lead the new company.

After I read your post, I really started thinking about character interactions. I hope to see a more intertwined cast that all talk to eachother and play roles in not only the main story, but eachother's side stories.

After I read your post, I really started thinking about character interactions. I hope to see a more intertwined cast that all talk to eachother and play roles in not only the main story, but eachother's side stories.
actually I agree entirely, in SC4 all we got were one liners in story mode and nothing else, but I would love to see lets say two known rivals are fighting each other that they acknowledge what's taking place instead of what they say to everyone else, adding more of a in depth story line. I think would be great and I know that's asking a lot for a fighting game where a story line is last on the their list of things to make awesome but hey we can hope right?

I think it's pretty obvious that Seig and Hilde are a couple. They're both wearing the gryphon armor and are shown together in that one b/w sketch. And really, what else would they do with a girl knight other than have her be a romantic interest for Seigfried? And why would she change her family's wolf-themed armor for anything unless it was to match her husband?

I'm calling it. They're together for sure.
Hilde's a gryphon but Sieg's armor has a phoenix on it.

More interesting is why Hilde has discarded the banner of Wolfkrone for a Gryphon.

Has she joined the Schwarzwind, Siegfrieds crew called the "Black Wind?"

I think it's pretty obvious that Seig and Hilde are a couple. They're both wearing the gryphon armor and are shown together in that one b/w sketch. And really, what else would they do with a girl knight other than have her be a romantic interest for Seigfried? And why would she change her family's wolf-themed armor for anything unless it was to match her husband?

Same here. They make a GREAT couple.~ :)

So far everything is looking gorgeous. If I had only one suggestion it would be this: allow the option to remove Hilde's helmet. She has too many flowing elements in her design not to continue that up to the hair. I don't think the absence of the helmet will "tramp" her up any.

Hilde's a gryphon but Sieg's armor has a phoenix on it.

More interesting is why Hilde has discarded the banner of Wolfkrone of a Gryphon.

Has she joined the Schwarzwind, Siegfrieds crew called the "Black Wind?"

And if you look at the art where they are together the flag is a phoenix just like Siegs emblem...

I was kinda afraid that the new costume designs were too similar, judging from the trailer, but the new art shows that isn't the case, except Maxi still looks the same. I really like what they did with Hilde's armor, and Voldo is effin' scary.

Looks like Tira's been taking style tips from Ivy.
Love the design though, her best so far, IMO.

Judging from the screens, the graphics are definitely a step-up from IV, the lights-and-shadows thing really pops.

The stage designs so far are beautiful but like Kevin said I hope they show some Asian stages too (Jyurakudai Villa, Kaminoi Castle, Imperial Capitol, that sort of stuff).

I kinda wish they'd made Maxi a little tubbier though, out of everyone else, he really doesn't look 17 years older.

.......Going forward Maxi lost the pac barely (no homo) Tira looks like a demonic person (if thats suppose to be good for her character.), Hilde looks pretty nice with that scarf on lookin' like a pimp (i see you girl!) and Voldo looks like he be gettin his fashion on. Maxi coudl've been dressed a little better he dont look 17 years apart(you need to keep your word on 17 years apart cause he don't look like he aged). Not bad so far. Now to see what they do with character creation..................................................

To be fair, Sieg is wearing a hawk emblem, not a griffin. It seems that the design team is trying to give each character its own unique animal, and ZWEI obviously has a wolf, so the wolfkrone emblem has morphed into a griffin. Now, that doesn’t preclude a Sieg X Hilde scenario (and I personally wouldn’t mind such a scenario, they’re both badass characters!), but all I’m really saying is that while such an idea is interesting and very feasible, I don’t think the evidence is totally conclusive... yet.

If you made me bet, though, I’d bet with you.

i dont know about her new armor... i really like the Wolfkrone one...

Live streams

7 Viewers
marigram
marigram
spending more time on the godforsaken playstation network
2 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Thirsty Thursday!! Good vibes, fun games, big smiles. Stay thirsty my friends! =P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back