Nightmare's Movelist Changes and Move Speculation Thread

1:27 - 1B now has a different stun
1:32 - new WR move with attack throw
2:34 - new GS K BE, goes into the same attack throw as above
3:04 - 4KK BE, goes into GB 6B
3:28 - 4KK BE, the second K is duckable on hit :(
4:13 - the CE says counter again but I'm getting confused now about it being blockable or not now.

1:36 - lost BT B+K
2:10 - CE aGI activates and then whiffs, what?

Not much new except for confirming alot of old moves returning.

Hmm... that new move from Grim Stride is pretty interesting. Finally an option out of GS that isn't overwhelmingly mediocre. Wonder if you can combo into it. Looks plausible.

Schneider - URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I didn't notice about the 4KK duckable on hit. it was like that in SC3 then they fixed it in SC4. why did they change it back?! urrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg

Also I don't like that CE whiff either, mentioned it in the other topic.

wow, massive nerf with the second K gone from GS KK, and it has to be a brave edge to connect? damn that's gonna be tough, but that's probably your best frontal ring out option, the distance thrown is pretty massive.

BT B+K gone is also huge, i use that move more often than GS B.

the CE is very linear as expected, it whiffed because lexia was standing slightly to the side.

I feel your pain :'(

1:43 - A+B counter is still in, and still doesn't look that useful.
2:28 - new headbutt move, perhaps new WR K?

yeah that new headbutt is probably new WR K. the recovery looks awful on it though...hope it's not the new WR K cause the old one was pretty sweet

yeah that new headbutt is probably new WR K. the recovery looks awful on it though...hope it's not the new WR K cause the old one was pretty sweet

looks more like a combo string to me, i remember Sieg had something similar but starting from 3K. but yea i share your sentiment, please don't remove the old knee kick :(

it does look like the last hit of that string seig had actually now that you mention it (3KKB I think). In the vid NM went straight to it from 1K though.

maybe if it causes some beefy counterhit stun or something.....

Schneider - URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I didn't notice about the 4KK duckable on hit. it was like that in SC3 then they fixed it in SC4. why did they change it back?! urrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg

When I look at that vid I don't think it's duckable. I think what happened there was NM was off axis, the second K just whiffed then Viola ducked.

The game has a lot of alignment issues, tracking kinda sucks so a lot moves end up whiffing.

Its better. Now with the brave edge you can condition people to duck to it on reaction :).

I'm beginning to think that NTC is being considered but hasn't been implemented yet. After the new attack throw and also 2A+B, NM has the NTC entry bubble thing like in SC4. Though, I'll admit that it's completely possible that they just didn't feel like removing it. I need something to believe in after seeing this wave of nerfs :(

yea really, the new auto grab move has that soul wave burst thing when it connects. So why would they put it in if they weren't considering Soul Charging? Really want to see a golden nightmare once again.

anyhow, i'm also very very interested in knowing how safe NM is. If he remains as unsafe as in SC4, he's gonna get pushed around big time by those BEs and CEs.

edit:
also, what do you guys think of the old WS A being changed to a 22/88 A move? I remember WS A is quite safe, is a mid move, fairly fast, good range, so this could be a new step killing tool since you don't need to do it from crouching position.

if you watched Keev's match, the last few minutes (@ 3:30) he was stepping and spamming it, not sure if it's a NC but highly doubt it.

edit2:

i heard someone said 3B has worst recovery now, making it even more unsafe, can anyone verify this?

Hey guys i had the chance to talk to Keev and he told me everything about nightmare so far im going to translate it and posted should i make a new thread or just posted

KK me and keev had a condo yesterday and he shared me his impressions of SCV nighty and they're bad new :P

Hello! Great no problem Terminator. Nightmare took a lot of charisma. They've really listened to the players creating a nightmare inspired for SCV. Just to see him gives makes me want to train like crazy and brave the tier list, but after trying him it may be far more difficult than SCIVif there's no major change in the demo.
I am really disappointed with the Soul Calibur V version nightmare in this demo if you compare him to Siegfried who won a lot of things.
Many moves have been taken away (if not the manip different):

11B
Ba
3 [K]
4 [K] K
22AB
236A + B
After GS 3B2B
The night mode terror
The stun the second hit of 4B 44B now
Amination FC2A the same as 2A
6B is aB

New moves:

BB unsafe and not NH
WAS A throw that high anti step on one side and unsafe
11A anti safe mid step
22AA WSAA is the former, but you can not switch between the two 2 GS
WSK new animation that is easily and unsafe stepable I think.
4B is a former 44B
44B is a former 1B
1B is the former 3A + B
You can go after 66 or GS 33A
33B BE
BE added a K 4K hight and 6B (Soul 4) guard break
1B + K BE shakes the ground as the 9B + K Sophitia

The range of aga was nerve. I saw the Aga JF in a video ,but I do not know the properties. So for now apart from the CE ,which is really interesting because it's an auto guard and unstoppable if it is fully charged and it is extremely powerful. This is the Soul Calibur 4 Nightmare, but weaker. They did not give him what he was missing in mt opinion a good mid! And I didn't find anything new with the B+K stance and 3B IS EVEN MORE UNSAFE!!! His tech trap was weakened too (No. FCA + B, 33B, 3B 1A techable on one side), 2K is unsafe, as new WSA).
After playing him, I really believe it's actually just an early version of nightmare possibly to show the communities that he's here. Well after the fourth installment, the producers were aware that Nighty wasn't a really strong character and they had the desire to make him stronger so I remain hopeful until the final version.
There are still some positives points WSB 2A seem much faster. WS more damage Ba and B + K Ba a lot more damage too. FC3B too. But better wait for the final version or at least a more complete version of night so far he's worst that SCIV.

Sorry if the english is bad i did it pretty fast :P

haha after reading the impressions from keev that doesn't sound good at all. I really hope it's just an incomplete thing, some of those missing moves are not justified.

Back