[North Carolina] Let's make a scene

Yeah, we're not talking about punishing the move. 10 frames is enough to step back in and the opponent can't step immediately after having their bullrush blocked. Jon can then begin his offense.

Also, Jon wasn't playing online it was at the Charlotte tournament this past weekend.

Thnx for clearing the online thing up Will. as for what I said, I was just talking from experience n Clint I've faced numerous times n tourneys, he's no joke. He bull rushed bc he had a plan and it also sets up some jf throws bc asty's arm reach is surprisingly good. Granted this is experience from sc4, Jon just try n study his style cause he plays a legit astaroth. You could learn a lot from any of the atl heads cause when they pick up a game, they greatly develop a strong community n everything they play.

Thnx for clearing the online thing up Will. as for what I said, I was just talking from experience n Clint I've faced numerous times n tourneys, he's no joke. He bull rushed bc he had a plan and it also sets up some jf throws bc asty's arm reach is surprisingly good. Granted this is experience from sc4, Jon just try n study his style cause he plays a legit astaroth. You could learn a lot from any of the atl heads cause when they pick up a game, they greatly develop a strong community n everything they play.
Yeah, I know all too well. We use to go to ATL Tekken House just to level up from time to time. And I use to just go down there and hang out and play games just because. In SC2 I lost to Clint in a Ft5 Asta vs. Talim 5-3, in which RTD lost money betting on me. In SC3 we caught up to ATL a lot. SC4 is when NC was nonexistent as a community.

Yeah I know the frames on bull rush. regular is -10. Charged is plus something, full crouch is -12-14 I believe.

He can EX it to do another one or something in this it seems like. Also he has some weird armored version of it. I have no idea what's going on with that. Shit also leads to a lot of damage for the utility of the move and it's safety. Also has a really strong hitbox so it'll beat a lot of stuff (even from the side, had this happen quite a few times). I didn't use Viola in losers finals against him because it felt like I didn't really have any punishing mid options to beat bull rush, he could start it outside of range of my good mids like 3B and it'd beat most of my other pokes with her. Probably could 8A+B him out of it but that's not fast enough to react to it and punish, would have to do it preemptively.

Switched to Natsu in losers finals and realized she didn't have much to stop it either, except maybe 6A+B but I didn't think of that until after, so then I ran the next couple of matches with Mitsu, which went a lot better. Was wondering if there was some catch all obvious weakness to the move but it seems to block the normal version is the only option, which is resolving yourself to passiveness and opening yourself up to the charged version (and other astaroth options for blocking opponents). That's why I opted for evading it and punishing but that shit was really iffy. Guess I'll just hit the lab.

Also I definitely know about ATLs scene and I don't mean any disrespect to their players by this stuff. I know they have a strong scene, especially since I trained with some of them in Marvel. Just saying, they are beatable like any player. I'll figure out how.

Ace Unlimited with Xiba. Pretty sure 66B series counter hitting bullrush was what won him the match since that's about all he did.

Clint adapted and beat him though.

Sry daDont wrry jon da more u play n practice da more you'll figure out ur best options. U do tht n everythng u play afterall anyway. Wish I coulda been to tht tourny, im dying to get my feet wet n this game. How much hv u experimented n practice mode, its really good? U can probably teach urself better through that mode, tht helpd me n 4 to get good n I rankd 5th at final round tht yr. Clint n wingzero knockd me out lol. Sc has always had a good practice mode, jus sayin. Man, wish I could play u guys n person but Im movin today. Sry da txt is sloppy im postin frm my phone.

Oh also another good option regardless of character, against bull rush would b to stock up meter for gi or jg if u practice it, jus sayn.

Hi guys. Sorry I'm late.

I'm playing this game, as I'm sure is not a surprise to anyone. I really like what they did with Hilde, she's somewhat good to go, and I have a halfway functional Raphael maybe. I like having supers. The training mode is also really good, though I can't figure out how to program a simple "block after a combo".

Only things I'm not sure about yet (as in, not sure I like) are the randomness of clean hits and how some combos are straight up inconsistent. Hilde has a combo that only works on certain stages. Not because of walls or whatever, just because of...the weather? I dunno.

Sry daDont wrry jon da more u play n practice da more you'll figure out ur best options. U do tht n everythng u play afterall anyway. Wish I coulda been to tht tourny, im dying to get my feet wet n this game. How much hv u experimented n practice mode, its really good? U can probably teach urself better through that mode, tht helpd me n 4 to get good n I rankd 5th at final round tht yr. Clint n wingzero knockd me out lol. Sc has always had a good practice mode, jus sayin. Man, wish I could play u guys n person but Im movin today. Sry da txt is sloppy im postin frm my phone.

Yeah the training mode in this game is beautiful. The menus are a bit unwieldy but once you get used to it, it's got a lot of tools that other training modes lack. It's kinda funny that there's a skill to training mode. They actually had a tutorial video for KoF on all the tricks you can do with training mode to help your game out lol Like setting block then jump to test frame data, you do a move, then jump at the same time as your opponent and use the height difference to get a feel for how + or - something is. But yeah no worries. I'll get good enough in time =D

Brent: Yeah I noticed the inconsistent combos in this game too. Some of Viola's longer stuff is random as fuck. Like sometimes the stuff will work, sometimes because of how the opponent falls it'll just whiff, sometimes they can get up faster than other times. But hey, soul calibur has always been random as fuck lol

You coming out to my place Thursday?

I actually can't make it, something last minute came up that I dodged last Thursday and probably shouldn't again D:

See you next week sometime, or at least on the FR ride. I should be in the car with you, Matt, Blake, James.

lol sorry, been playing people every time you messaged me. Had people over the past few days.

I'm actually dropping Viola, she's terrible once people learn to fight her.

lol sorry, been playing people every time you messaged me. Had people over the past few days.

I'm actually dropping Viola, she's terrible once people learn to fight her.

It's cool next time just invite me in the room if you don't mind, that is and that sux I thought u woulda made her beast. I'm sticking to voldo in this game however, he can't get away with the gimmicks he had in 4 and requires more mixup and professional style of play. So I'm glad i'm sticking with him, even though I can't put in nearly as much time into fighting games as I have before. Who are ya gonna switch to?

So I went to brawl at the beach and about a match or two away from finals the venue kicked us all out! I did good I really wanted that trophy.

Hey guys new to SC series, I played II when I was a kid and IV a bit before it died. I'm playing Hilda and Ivy on the side right now. I'll try to make it out to a few things, when I got the money to afford it *college lyfe*.

Gonna try to hold a small session here next weekend. Q, Will, Doug, Jon, Justin, any of you guys interested?

It's cool next time just invite me in the room if you don't mind, that is and that sux I thought u woulda made her beast. I'm sticking to voldo in this game however, he can't get away with the gimmicks he had in 4 and requires more mixup and professional style of play. So I'm glad i'm sticking with him, even though I can't put in nearly as much time into fighting games as I have before. Who are ya gonna switch to?

Err I meant offline >_<

Re: Viola, I'll play her to help you figure out the matchup. Everyone keeps saying I should stick with her. Apparently I'm like Viola's last best hope or something. Kinda making me second guess myself on if I should lol.

The worst thing is having to hit someone like 5x the amount they have to hit me. Like playing Blake's Maxi, I'd be controlling the match for a good 10-20 seconds, picking him apart, getting openings when I can. Then he does some random brave edge, knocks me into a wall, and does double the damage I just did over all that time. Then I just switch to Natsu and the wins roll in. Same thing at the WNB tournament. Struggling to beat a nightmare player with Viola. Switch to Mitsu and practically perfect him every round lol

As far as switch... either Mitsu, Natsu, Yoshi, Algol, or Raph. My Natsu is probably my best right now.

Not sure on the Wilmington gathering. Possibly though.

Err I meant offline >_<

Re: Viola, I'll play her to help you figure out the matchup. Everyone keeps saying I should stick with her. Apparently I'm like Viola's last best hope or something. Kinda making me second guess myself on if I should lol.

The worst thing is having to hit someone like 5x the amount they have to hit me. Like playing Blake's Maxi, I'd be controlling the match for a good 10-20 seconds, picking him apart, getting openings when I can. Then he does some random brave edge, knocks me into a wall, and does double the damage I just did over all that time. Then I just switch to Natsu and the wins roll in. Same thing at the WNB tournament. Struggling to beat a nightmare player with Viola. Switch to Mitsu and practically perfect him every round lol

As far as switch... either Mitsu, Natsu, Yoshi, Algol, or Raph. My Natsu is probably my best right now.

Not sure on the Wilmington gathering. Possibly though.

if ur gonna switch i recommend yoshi, raph, or natsu. they seem more your style and raph is already kinda like viola in that he pokes at ur life but i lean towards him because he eats away ur gaurd and does double what viola does plus his more than one of his throws ring out.

I was really looking forward to Viola myself and after a few hours in training mode figured she really wasn't for me. Being a beginner in SC I needed to spend more time learning fundamentals and such. I've been watching her and it really is hard to pinpoint what would help Viola. If she got a damage boost I think she would be too good. But as it stands now almost any other character can do in one attack what her whole B&B does. I do look forward to seeing how far she goes though. Curious as to what your thoughts on this are.

From what I understand, Clean Hits are a mechanic meant to help newer people find out the "good moves" for their character so they will use them more. As far as it being random, I'm sure someone will figure it out, but luckily the damage boost from a clean hit doesn't seem to be high enough to be a pure luck win/loss. On average it's like 5-7 more damage.

If you go in Training Mode and press Select+Square twice you will go into "combo mode" where the dummy will be trained to block after a combo/hit. The game gives you basic combos to do (it doesn't tell you if it was right/wrong like other challenge tutorials) but it works. Also by flicking R3 down a few times you can have the dummy attack after it is attacked to check frame data and see if a move is safe or not (it will use either aa, bb or 3b in a set pattern)

Back