[North Carolina] Let's make a scene

X/Leixia is still my 2nd character since SC3. SC2 Talim forever! I was hoping since they were returning characters to the way they normally played in SC5 that Talim would get the same treatment. But no Talim. :(

X/Leixia is still my 2nd character since SC3. SC2 Talim forever! I was hoping since they were returning characters to the way they normally played in SC5 that Talim would get the same treatment. But no Talim. :(

hopefully we will see some dlc, at least as a style

Yo Ando sorry I didn't respond to your messages, was AFK. If you still wanna play I'll be on a bit longer. Just learned Algol.

Kinda pissed about the create a character. Was gonna make a king of all cosmos from katamari damacy for algol but for some stupid ass reason you can't put textures on the blank cylinders. Whats the point of a blank cylinder if you can't do anything with it?? SMH.

Yo Ando sorry I didn't respond to your messages, was AFK. If you still wanna play I'll be on a bit longer. Just learned Algol.

Kinda pissed about the create a character. Was gonna make a king of all cosmos from katamari damacy for algol but for some stupid ass reason you can't put textures on the blank cylinders. Whats the point of a blank cylinder if you can't do anything with it?? SMH.

I'll look out for ya, ive been mostly busy today anyway. Till next time i guess, did u DMZ ur ps3? Also, what happens if the same router is connected to ur other computers and cell phones? I mean everything in my house is connected. On a side note, has anyone heard when they're gonna release Dampierre as DLC, i wanna main him as well?

That would have been amazing! I'd still do it.

Yeah I still made it lol. It's surprisingly close.

It's especially awesome with Algol since he's like "I'll show you how a true king fights" before the match.

I'ma start calling the level 2 chair super chair factor, that shit just makes the last match for Algol free. Kept getting hate mail for winning with it today and I'd respond with "HAVE A SEAT!"

Ando: Yeah I've been DMZed for a while. Not sure how it all works TBH, I'm not a networking mastermind or anything. I just know direct wire to the router instead of wireless and DMZ on the PS3 = much better online experience.

Ando: It's nothing to worry about.

I will try to use a silly diagram.
* represents where Firewall protection begins

Internet Cloud-->ISP-->Router-->*Router Ports (whatever is plugged into it)-->Wireless
|
|
DMZ

A DMZ is what is known as a De-Militarized Zone. It is a location you can set a device on your network that is still shown to be on your network, however it is open to any and everything. No Firewall, no Security, nothing. So what happens is that when data flows through the router and to the DMZ, it doesn't have to process security bits/clearance/overhead/extra stuff. It just transports data to and from without checking it or double-sending it. This is why speed increases, more bits in more time for largely unnecessary security. Am I saying that the PS3 doesn't have some asshole virus? No, it probably does. But the chance of getting anything is incredibly slim to the point you don't hear about it. Everything connected to your router and the wireless is still secure behind the firewall, because (typically) only one device can be set as the DMZ. So even if your PS3 is set to DMZ, anything else connected will still be protected by the firewalls and security features of the router (then doubly-so for anything on the device for security.)

And even though your PS3 is technically hard-wired in a router port (which seems to be in the firewall) because you have set that specific device to be in the DMZ, the router is "smart" enough to know the port the PS3 is plugged into doesn't get protected because it is in the DMZ. Many companies put a "fake file server" on their network in the DMZ in hopes that hackers will target it (because it looks authentic and has no security on it) and leave the other stuff alone. They don't have a way to know if something is DMZ'd or not (aside that Amazon.com shouldn't take 5 seconds to hack, that's a dead giveaway lol).

Long explanation, but you've had a few posts unsure about the subject so this way if you have to talk it over with anyone you can refer to this post and should help explain. If you need anything else explained let me know.

(Also, PSN is Aurelious_ Send me an invite and let's play some games lol)

Internet Cloud-->ISP-->Router-->*Router Ports (whatever is plugged into it)-->Wireless
|
|
DMZ

A DMZ is what is known as a De-Militarized Zone. It is a location you can set a device on your network that is still shown to be on your network, however it is open to any and everything. No Firewall, no Security, nothing. So what happens is that when data flows through the router and to the DMZ, it doesn't have to process security bits/clearance/overhead/extra stuff. It just transports data to and from without checking it or double-sending it. This is why speed increases, more bits in more time for largely unnecessary security. Am I saying that the PS3 doesn't have some asshole virus? No, it probably does. But the chance of getting anything is incredibly slim to the point you don't hear about it. Everything connected to your router and the wireless is still secure behind the firewall, because (typically) only one device can be set as the DMZ. So even if your PS3 is set to DMZ, anything else connected will still be protected by the firewalls and security features of the router (then doubly-so for anything on the device for security.)

And even though your PS3 is technically hard-wired in a router port (which seems to be in the firewall) because you have set that specific device to be in the DMZ, the router is "smart" enough to know the port the PS3 is plugged into doesn't get protected because it is in the DMZ. Many companies put a "fake file server" on their network in the DMZ in hopes that hackers will target it (because it looks authentic and has no security on it) and leave the other stuff alone. They don't have a way to know if something is DMZ'd or not (aside that Amazon.com shouldn't take 5 seconds to hack, that's a dead giveaway lol).

Long explanation, but you've had a few posts unsure about the subject so this way if you have to talk it over with anyone you can refer to this post and should help explain. If you need anything else explained let me know.

thanks for this, you,ve put my mind at ease and i'll add ya soon.

@ Jon: Look out for me online today, i wanna sit in that chair, lol.

|
|
DMZ

Good post. My PS3 is DMZ'ed and I recommend everyone do this. There's definitely a noticeable difference!

Ivy just won WinterBrawl was it? Whatever the last "major" tourney was. She just takes a lot of work that few are ready to put into. I really like her style but I lack the execution required. Still can't do a calamity symphony yet >.< Even doing that 2x counter-clockwise rotation trick. Maybe it's a pad thing.

I didn't get it for a while but now I even get fastest input everyonce and a while, I can do it on both pad and stick now, it really isn't hard just remember DO NOT KEEP HOLDING RIGHT, just go 282846665B+G.

Ivy feels pretty low tierish to me, plus this is all still like week 2-3 tournies where people don't know the matchups. Also our Tira player at state picked up ZWEI as a secondary, considering how bad everyone said he was...I didn't expect him to hurt that hard once he gets meter, he feels low-mid to me despite everyone saying BOTTOM. Then again I hear alot of people saying Hilda is really bad too and I'm not seeing it, I feel like she has all the tools and an amazing CE.

Honestly SC V doesn't seem execution dependent at all it feels alot more matchup dependent do you know what your oppenent does, how much of their shit can you JG, the rest is just fundamentals.

Brotha, what you gonna do when these 67 year old blind/deaf/mute brothers run wild on you!!!!

Voldo still, but... I think this dude got too fucking old. He's been falling out off the stage more than ever, you hate to see that kind of thing happen.

Lol I play Tira and Zwei. Go figure. Yeah Zwei has high damage but seems too slow to use it. He's pretty linear and has a few unblockable setups but they all fall prey to anyones aa/bb so it has to be sparing. His CE sucks, his BEs suck for damage. And his damage starters are kinda slow even used as a punish. I like him but I don't see him going too far, but he'll have success.

I'll try again with the CS not holding right, because I know I was lol. let ya know how it goes.

Zwei's shortcoming is his lack of good lows. He seriously has like 3 and they all suck. Plus he's kinda slow. If you can get momentum with him I can see him being hard to fight but I think people will be able to run all over him.

Ando: yesterday was gathering day but I might be on later tonight practicing KoF for the EZ tournament. If you see me and wanna play just shoot me an invite and i'll throw calibur on.

Villainous sry but I wont b on tonight, last night I actually had an offline session with some nj guys including kdz n belial and got bodied hard, lol. It was an experience but I think I hv a long way to go n this sc, especially if im gnna stick wid voldo, only time will tell.but yeh im spendin time wid da fam tonight man, later.

Back