Pascuzzi's Blog Posts About Nothing

Usually joke characters get kind of annoying, or the novelty simply wears off but I seem like Fabulous more with each new outfit. I don't quite understand why...

Unfortunately I don't have my ps3 at the moment so I can't check the equipment for inspiration, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of his fancy dress outfits (like the bunny idea already suggested, or some sort of slutty Halloween costume. Or something with those fur shorts!).
Maybe something he'd wear on a night out, perhaps rave gear.
Or something more formal (and slightly more respectable) for when he embarks on a Legally Blonde-esque adventure.
...Or Hawaiian beachwear?

But don't feel you have to let Fabulous get in the way of your serious characters as I'm looking forward to seeing new additions :)

I told myself I wouldn't make a CaS thread until I reached player level 99 and unlocked all of the parts. Well, here we are. Feel free to be as critical as you can; I appreciate constructive criticism much more than sugar coating.

Originals
P5f4l.png

Not really much backstory to this one, I'm afraid. Whenever a game has a custom character mode, I usually make a self-insert character. I guess I just thought of what I'd look like if I were a swordsman in the late 16th-early 17th century and had it fit with my main fighting style.

676Qx.png

Credit goes to Gatsu for the use of Feathers of Strength as shoulder armor. The idea was stolen from his Trishna chracter, seen here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/gatsus-official-temple-of-teh-random-cas-stuff.11076/page-4

NHgi0.png

ruKfl.png

210Jx.png

Upon armor break, you'll see he wears a zip-up cardigan thingy under his coat.
OMG, his face looks AMAZING!!!

*Looks for face option on Creation Mode*

BTW, your character designs are FABULOUS!!

I finally sat myself down to read through some of the CaS tips put together by the community here (Dampierre and Co's CaS Tips and Tricks Compendium Curio~!) and I've learned quite a bit. As a such, I was able to update Justice Man. He looks a lot better now than his original design, if I do say so myself. Catch the updated design on page 2.

Continuing with the regular cast comic 3Ps:
Fau1E.png

After she and Patroklos destroyed Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, they had to figure out a way to make an honest, quiet living. Having been raised to do nothing but kill, Pyrrha didn't have many skills that wouldn't scare off any potential employers, which limited her job prospects to household labor. However, she's not very good at that, either, so she frequently has to apologize for her mistakes.

ht9PC.png

"Umm, I'm s-sorry..."

rt5it.png

This CaS is the result of me trying to achieve a messy, well worn look. As such, I used a lot of blotchy patterns and stickers that lent themselves well to the smearing effect of place-by-view.

G05zh.png
Ql1ke.png

"So, like, he still plays video games, like, this one called Soul Cal-a-whatever. Like, so immature, right? And he doesn't, like, actually PLAY the game, but instead he just, like, makes his own weird-looking characters. OMG, he's so lame!"

KRmwO.png

JcSVI.png

Those ball things are supposed to be pom-poms. I tried to use the raccoon tail, but I didn't have enough patience to figure out how to turn it into anything roughly spherical, so I settled for these, instead.

IdwfN.png

Like with most CaS, color scheme proves to be a considerable hurdle. In the end, I decided to go with what I know. The color scheme on here is a nod to my Alma Mater. Go Bears!

Last, but apparently, not least...
nmwR0.png

:3

MkL2e.png

You should've seen my face when I found out it was possible to color King's tights flesh. At least, it looks like flesh on my TV. Hopefully, it looks flesh-colored on your monitor, as well.

nlAqa.png

The leopard-print manbra-thing consists of a raccoon tail, vicious horns going over the shoulders, and long horns on the sides. I really like the vicious horns, here. I'll be experimenting with them later on an armored CaS.

Oh Fabulous, u so over-the-top.

Sorry if this sounds out of line, but would you be willing to try out some different possibilities and designs using King's boots? I wanted them badly until I learned they were attached the the rest of his tights, and I'm curious to see if they can be used to make anything more...practical.

would you be willing to try out some different possibilities and designs using King's boots? I wanted them badly until I learned they were attached the the rest of his tights, and I'm curious to see if they can be used to make anything more...practical.

Hmm..., that's quite the challenge. It'll require some really outside-the-box thinking, but that's what I like doing, so I'll see what I can cook up. I can tell you already that my imagination is taking me towards a futuristic/sci-fi direction, so I don't know if you'll get practical, but I don't think it'll be ridiculous.

Damn... those boots would be perfect for my Breath of Fire 2 Ryu .......
Oh btw, Fabulous looks fabulous XD
ANd that cheerleader reminds me of the upcoming Lollipop Chainsaw

I can picture some lulz if Fabulous were to join my Misfortune CAS comics.......

Aside from that, I can't find anything to nitpick on since majority of your works is really nice. Keep on sharing. Na-mu.

When you're creating new outfits for fabulous, do you ever find yourself thinking "why the hell is this happening?"
I do love the fact that you're actually listening to your weird fans and adding new outfits with each post though :P
Every time. I'll be really happy that I just finished an awesome CaS that I can share on here, then I remember they'll be expecting another Captain Fabulous outfit. It kind of has a sobering effect, haha. However, it's good practice, a consistent source of material, and it makes people laugh, so it's not all bad, everything considered.

I can picture some lulz if Fabulous were to join my Misfortune CAS comics.
I've read some of your comics. Captain Fabulous is one character I wouldn't mind making an appearance there, so, by all means, go right on ahead. I have faith that you know creation mode well enough to recreate him, but if you find yourself lost, let me know. I can always post a formula, though they're all quite simple.

You will FOREVER be remembered as THE GUY WHO CREATED FABULOUS!
4187100263_58d6d0a221.jpg

This gallery may very well have caused some mental scarring.

Pascusio's got a simple but striking outfit with a nice colour scheme. He could benefit from some sticker spamwiches if you're interested in a little more texture or wear and tear. That being said having him all unblemished and shiny makes him look rather posh.

Zasalamel is a good recreation. All the parts are good and make sense. I've seen some people use apples or screws for the golden eye, that is if you've not found something already. I suggest maybe making his robes and hood a dark shade of brown rather than pitch black but it's up to you.

I shall dub Armando Castillo de Gonzaga 'The Gentleman Terminator'. He'll rip your face off but have the decency and manners to mail it back to you. Then he'll sip some tea on the viranda. Very nice use of textures here. He looks very sinister.

Clara Lucia Brillante has some very nice and subtle pattern work going on. I like that.

Your Talim has those distinctive feathers which I'm quite fond of and putting that sticker on her dress helps give it this 'V' like motif. By that I mean looking at her mask which points down and then the top part of her dress gives a sense of consistency, for me at least. I also like how you used the pattern to give the belt some extra detail.

Pokedude Whoosh makes nice use of stickers for his jacket but he has no balls. He needs balls. The Sphere Special Item can be patterned. Give him balls...and by 'balls' I don't mean Fabulous' testicles. Just to clarify.

I think I read somewhere that people were debating whether or not it was a good idea to make CAS items unisex due to people making tranvestites and the like...I think we can safely point to any of the Captain's outfits and say that that ship has already sailed. In all it's rainbow coloured glory.On a more serious note (but nonetheless disturbing) the way you made his leopard skin bikini (colouring his legs to look like skin) is quite impressive. In a sort of "I can't unsee it" kind of way.

There's good characters here, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Lovely creations. Your Talim rendition's quite elegant, and cheerleader Natsu's...kinda hot. We seriously gotta spar once my roommates stop hogging the PS3. I'm fairly certain GW v Uncle Sam will cause PSN to implode from sheer justice.

I agree that Pascusio is on the plain side. I was shooting for a classic, clean, but proper style, so having a lot of stickers and ornate patterns was far from my mind at the time. Right now, however, I'm fiddling around with motif 60 on the coat. It does a good job of adding some texture, so I might post an updated design. What I'd really like to do, though, is take the sheen off of the coat and give it more of the same texture you'd find on something like a suit jacket or a peacoat.

I was actually aiming for more of a very dark grey with Zas' hood. The color is 0: 0, 27. I did try dark brown, like you suggested, though, and I liked what I saw. I'll fiddle around with that later, along with those golden eye tricks you suggested.

Here's the thing about recreating pokeballs: I tried to do it with stripe patterns, but they don't get to a big enough size such that you can color it by halves. At max size, pattern basic 4 colors the ball into 6 stripes.

I can't believe I didn't stop to think that Captain Fabulous might be a prime example of a reason to segregate CaS parts by gender, lol.

I'm fairly certain GW v Uncle Sam will cause PSN to implode from sheer justice.
Oh, God, yes. Let's do this every 4th of July, too. We can upload match footage and set it to John Philip Sousa marches and other ridiculously patriotic music.

different possibilities and designs using King's boots
None of these are finished designs. The point of these designs is simply to explore some ideas for different applications of Short Trunks (KING). In general, I find that whenever you're in need of some basic greaves, this piece can work very well. However, there are some parts of the piece that may make it difficult to use, namely, the tail and the "KING ANGER OF BEAST" writing on the front.
sQwNf.png

The cool thing about doing a sci-fi themed style with this part is that you can also match them with Gloves (KING).
Wp89z.png

The ability to color the leg portion flesh allows this piece to lend itself well to a gladiator-themed CaS.

jkiXN.png

As stated earlier, the tail is a problem area. Here, I circumvented this by building some kind of fur cloth out of raccoon tails, so that our gladiator does not inexplicably have a random leopard/cheetah tail.
xHlMY.png

Again, the greaves on this part lend themselves well to any CaS that would use something like that. Problem areas are circumvented by the tasset built with Feathers of Strength and the coattails on the Warrior's Vest.
BqXBu.png

The leg parts of the piece will retain their original purple hue, so you'll have to offset your color choice in the editor to get the color that you really want. Also, patterning the legs with ethnic 14 will make them look like mail. Problem areas are circumvented by the tasset.
AxvJL.png

The underwear-over-tights shape of this piece makes it a natural choice for a superhero CaS. Here, I placed a similarly-colored orange cylinder over the writing to get it out of there. Not sure if it's really worth it, since no one will really be focusing in on that area in a fight. Also, the tail will be a problem area, if your character isn't leopard/cheetah-themed.

I applaud your efforts good sir! As I feared, that blasted tail and writing looks to be a pain. Your sci-fi and superhero look good. You did a good job of incorporation the tail with the Gladiator using the raccoon tails, though I don't feel it's a very period-appropriate footwear for a gladiator. With some tweaking, the knight does look like he could be made into something final fantasy oriented (I assume you know how to change the purple hue and this was just a quick test).

But the samurai is easily my favorite out of that batch, really looks like something out of sengoku basara or other koei games. That sort of "period wear with attitude" style.

Thanks for accepting my challenge :D

No, sir, thank you. It was good practice. If it weren't for you, I'd probably never have touched the short trunks again and missed out on a lot of good ideas. Utilizing a rarely used piece might be a good format for future board-wide challenges, as well.

I'm really happy with the way the samurai turned out, too. I might actually have to go ahead and finish the design into an actual character.

I actually don't know how to get rid of the hue on certain parts. I remember reading something about that in the tips and tricks thread, but when I sat down and tried it out for myself, I didn't notice anything different. Maybe I was doing it wrong or something, I don't know. I suppose I'll get another chance to figure it out when I finish the samurai.

Utilizing a rarely used piece might be a good format for future board-wide challenges, as well.
Definately! I really enjoyed the "fairy" theme that pushed to use the DLC wings, which I really haven't touched except for that challenge, though I've kept one of the cas I made for it because I loved it so much. Because of that thread, I actually really like the idea of making a character based on a single item.

Here's a link to my post explaining the shiny parts issue: Dampierre and Co's CaS Tips and Tricks Compendium Curio~!
(tl;dr version: Apply a pattern of whatever color you want. Then use the "color all" option to make the shiny lighting on that item into whatever color you want. This is useful when placing a pattern on a metallic item, because the ambient light will return to the item's default rather than following the colors in your pattern.)

As I don't have the tekken dlc, I can't say if this will work on that item or not. I'd suggest testing it out on some shiny armor first just to get a feel for it, preferably one that has a noticeable default color, like the gold-colored Lord's Greaves.

Back