Dampierre and Co's CaS Tips and Tricks Compendium Curio~!

You are very much correct. Hopefully more people will be able to test this pattern on other items, and eventually we may have a full list to share! But not Le Bello. Le Bello is tired.

But would Le Bello like to see the results of my experimentation in CAS which have created the devilish secrets I provide for him and co? A taste for what is in Forgon's new thread.

--Forgon

SOULCALIBUR_30.png

SOULCALIBUR_31.png

SOULCALIBUR_32.png

Amy_Sorel.jpg

But would Le Bello like to see the results of my experimentation in CAS which have created the devilish secrets I provide for him and co? A taste for what is in Forgon's new thread.

--Forgon

Before Le Bello took to the arena, Amy was his favourite! Forgon, Le Bello suggests you Forge On with this esteemed calibur of Cas! This is work of the highest order, and easily the best Recreate-a-soul Le Bello has ever seen!

You flatter me Le Bello. I only seek to serve and spread my knowledge so that I may acquire in turn.

Who would have expected Viola+Raccoon tails=Amy? Its almost as if they are the same person!

Edit: A recent discover as I continue to tinker in my endless pursuit of knowledge. By combining the Mummified undergarments with Basic 15 under patterns, one can make the main color match the white mummified cloth and then make the other colors a pinkish red, making the dark splattered appearance of bloody bandages and cloth. This can be both resized and reangled to make these splotches small like particles ore larger like splatters. Even more impressively, this effect is not mirrored on both sides of the mummified cloth and remains completely random. Further tests should yield results on the variety of this effect on multiple items.

--Forgon

Who would have expected Viola+Raccoon tails=Amy? Its almost as if they are the same person!

--Forgon

She won't let me see what's under her disguise...

But Le Bello aims to please! You set a good example that I hope shall be the start of many.

I could have sworn we already started one of these threads... In any case Copy+pasting from there:

-If you need to change one eye, inserting an apple or crescent moon may be the key. If you are looking for bright glowing eyes, use Halos. Example:
soulcalibur41.png

Folklore_Keats4.png

-Horns are extremely versatile, they can be used to create extra hair such as bangs or spikes, fangs/teeth, facial features, claws, mustaches, and much much more.

-When placing a zipper sticker "by axis," if you want it to remain looking like a normal zipper (long and skinny) rather than how this placement option looks by default (scrunched up), hit "Reset" THEN place it by axis. This is a good way to make straps and belts as well.**Keep in mind it will scrunch back up if you try to edit the sticker after exiting the edit screen.

-Halos can also be used as bracelets, jewelry, etc. If you want them to glow, use normal coloring, but if you want them to be a more realistic/dull color (not glowing, as if they are an actual piece of jewelry), choose the color you want then darken it until you reach of good point.

-When your armor gets broken, Undergarments, Pants, and Socks will remain.

-Patterns will remain and NOT CHANGE when you use "color all"

-Metallic equipment such as armor will have a sheen/glow of the color you set it. However, if you place a pattern on the item, the sheen will revert to the default color of that particular item. To fix this, use the "Color ALL parts" option and the pattern colors will stay while forcing the metallic parts to shine whatever color you chose with "color all." Example:
I placed a pattern on almost every single part of this character so I could use "color all" to give him a uniform shine. If I didn't, the legs would look gold, arms look silver, etc. due to the default coloring of the part.
Fulgore5.png

Fulgore6.png

The only difference between these two photos is the color of the mummy wraps and the "color all," one being gray and one being turquoise
Using this method, you can have your armor stay one color and shine a different color (in the example case, my patterns are all gray, but the armor SHINES turquoise)

-FOR BLOOD: Sticker 88, cow pattern (better for making someone look SOAKED in blood), Cammo patterns, sticker motif 57, Chinese symbols, the crescent moon in some cases, and motif 61, these are all good for blood. I've even used the leaf item. And you'll almost always want to place by view, distorting the stickers just makes them look more real.

Here's some of my bloody CAS as examples, from most recent to oldest:
Heather.jpg

Ash_EvilDead.jpg

P2Maska3.png

P2Maska1.png

Spike_Cenobite3.png

Spike_Cenobite2.png

Bloody_Hobo2.png

Bloody_Hobo1.png
This is one of VILARCANE's example of using sticker 88:
c2hr1tzadawkaj84q.jpg

-when it comes to placing stickers, "Placing by Axis" will allow you to go to more extreme sizes; smaller than the smallest and larger than the largest "place by view" sizes.

-When placing stickers by axis, certain body parts will distort the sticker for better or worse. Stickers tend to funnel in towards the neck area when placing on upper body, and stickers placed on arms and legs become stretched to the length of the limb (example: place a square on an arm or leg, it will look like a rectangle, but will be stretched the same way no matter how you rotate it). This can sometimes be used to create interesting effects if you intentionally distort the stickers, particularly in cases such as the zipper.

-Maxing out the size of a sticker while placing by axis will enable it to "wrap around" whatever part you are placing it on, enabling you to then move it vertically until most of the sticker is out of the zone, if you are trying to color one end of a part while keeping the rest of it untouched. Example:
The snake armlets: I used squares at max size and moved them vertically until they were at either end of the item in order to get 3 colors, when normally this item is only 1 color
Katt_Devil6.png

As there's a lack of modern jackets/vests, I made the appearance of one by, again, maxing out a square and placing it as low as possible here to try and get the right look. Same with the skirt trim:
Shilo2.png
Not all stickers wrap around completely, some will still have a small gap no matter what. If you have enough free stickers to do so, you can always just place a second sticker to cover the gap (Max size, same vertical placement, then move the horizontal ruler all the way to one end)

-Want to use part of a sticker for a certain effect but not the whole thing? Cover up parts of it with other stickers colored the same as the underlying part Examples:
To make a scaly scar here, I wanted to use part of a wing sticker, but covered up the rest of it with colored squares
Atma_Beast1.png

I could have sworn we already started one of these threads... In any case Copy+pasting from there:

Le Bello sees, but was not aware of that thread while he asked UnseenWombat about making this one. I suppose we'll have to see what happens?

Le Bello, on behalf of the community, on behalf of Le Bello, would like to thank you for your huge contribution. Le Bello would call it a contribhugetion, but that's a portmanteau even Le Bello wouldn't use.

Tested the texture bug on all weapons, and discovered another one:
If you try to do this bug, then put another texture on other side of the wep, it removes. So, if you want to do this correctly, the bug texture should be the last you put

Le Bello sees, but was not aware of that thread while he asked UnseenWombat about making this one. I suppose we'll have to see what happens?
Though the other thread quickly turned to complaining and negativity, this thread has remained full of posts either helpful or positive (sometimes both!). Le Bello has set the community straight!

Tested the texture bug on all weapons, and discovered another one:
If you try to do this bug, then put another texture on other side of the wep, it removes. So, if you want to do this correctly, the bug texture should be the last you put

Le Bello will update the notes. Thank you Threule, for your continued contributions.

Though the other thread quickly turned to complaining and negativity, this thread has remained full of posts either helpful or positive (sometimes both!). Le Bello has set the community straight!

Le Bello will have no mercy on any heated individuals. I'm glad this thread is continuing as it is, and hope it does so. It is a shame about the other thread though, so hopefully we can all continue to avoid that from happening again!

Request for sticky. This is informative.

That WOULD be dandy. Le Bello cannot like your post hard enough.

Ok, the bug erases when you get out of CAS. Damn, they should do something to use the Texture but not the pattern

I have more results for Le Bello. Using the past data I acquired from some of our wonderful contributers and tinkering with textures myself, I have made a few discoveries that may peak the interests of those who love CAS.

Note: Most textures are made using Mummified for a template base. There is no guarantee my results won't be skewed on different surfaces (ie armors or furs).

--Forgon

First up, I have a visual for my earlier discovery with Mummified undergarments and pattern Basic 15.This can be used to also create a dirty look but I opted for a bloody splatter look. Here is a comparison of two extremes: minimum and maximum pattern size.

SOULCALIBUR_100.png

SOULCALIBUR_101.png

SOULCALIBUR_102.png

SOULCALIBUR_103.png

SOULCALIBUR_104.png

SOULCALIBUR_105.png

Next is toying with pattern Ethnic 12 to make a rock texture. Golems come to mind with this texture and its possibilities. I toyed with the color and the angle after putting it to the pattern's max size. I am impressed with the result. Another possibilility is changing the color so it appears to be more fleshy or more like muscle, hell even grey-matter.

SOULCALIBUR_106.png

SOULCALIBUR_107.png

SOULCALIBUR_108.png

Next is some igneous rock skin texture. I am sorry to say, I could not find a way to create a glowing pattern along the crack lines. If we could put patterns on top of patterns, I would have found something that sparkles to further add onto it. I used pattern Modern 11.

SOULCALIBUR_109.png

SOULCALIBUR_110.png

SOULCALIBUR_111.png

Pattern Basic 15 also can make a nice sand texture, or a generally rough or gritty texture.

SOULCALIBUR_112.png

SOULCALIBUR_113.png

Basic 1 is a pattern that creates an impressive and diverse tri-color deparation and the size and angle can make both various and distinct patterns on their own. I am intrigued if I or others can master this pattern to make some extremely impressive works. Two examples to show two variations that can be made.

SOULCALIBUR_114.png

SOULCALIBUR_115.png

SOULCALIBUR_116.png

SOULCALIBUR_117.png

SOULCALIBUR_118.png

Basic 1 also allows us to create glass reflections and shines that we can edit or add to pieces to give it the appearance of glass, leather, or metal and can even be used to simply enhance a reflective equipments shine without bedazzling it in glitter with ethnic pattern 13. The first image has the Basic 1 pattern and the second is the one without for comparison.

SOULCALIBUR_119.png

SOULCALIBUR_120.png

SOULCALIBUR_121.png

SOULCALIBUR_122.png

SOULCALIBUR_123.png

SOULCALIBUR_124.png

And then I played with Basic 17 and made this. It intrigues me so I felt I should share it.

SOULCALIBUR_125.png

SOULCALIBUR_126.png

SOULCALIBUR_128.png

SOULCALIBUR_129.png

SOULCALIBUR_127.png

Finally, Basic 16 was a more than adequate web shirt/chain mail/ fish netting/tire track or whatever you want to do with it. I put it on minimum size and adjusted the colors.

SOULCALIBUR_130.png

SOULCALIBUR_131.png

I discovered how to create a sort of 'molten rock' effect for parts of armor or just about anything that can be patterned.

Applying Ethnic 9 Pattern and giving the first palette black and the second one red gives the appearance of molten rock. Adjust the size to your own liking.

Le Bello will be adding all these un-added tips to the first post very soon, however I feel some reformatting of the first post is in order - I'm quickly approaching the character limit. Stay tuned and keep sharing, all suggestions WILL be added.

RE: The formatting.

Le Bello was thinking of breaking the suggestions up into spoilered sections, designed to make it far easier to use - Is this something the community would like? Sections would be along the lines of "Texture Effects" and "Pattern Usage", or Le Bello could be more specific like "Injuries and Other", "Supernatural Effects", "Changing the item's material" etc etc.

Le Bello was also thinking of having a "Contributors" section, which would mean removing the names from the tip itself, and adding the names to one large section. This would help make things neater, but people may not like this - Thoughts?

This is a community project, so Le Bello will try to include the community as much as possible in trying to run it, thank you and happy days to all!

Back